SaltCritters.com

Plainrt's breeder build.Version 2.The waste of good water

plainrt

Nope no where local sells jack so im killing off my live rock.They can sell stuff with flatworms i guess but nothing to get rid of them.Im gonna soak the sand in fw and then rinse real good and start over i think.....But who knows i may just give up and stick with my cube and find a home for my rbta and make room for tank to grow out more.

Maybe just wasnt meant to be and a sign to stick with the cube thats doing so well.Totm would be nice down the road with it lol.If i let it grow in some more it would be real nice lol

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have but have heard always doesnt work 100% and i dont wanna transfer a couple k worth of stuff into a tank that i dont feel good about.The tank was only in a cycle so doing it right the first time is what im trying to do here.

sixline wrasse woulda ate them...what kind of flatworms..were they the orange with red dots on them..or was it the white/clear ones

orange little bastards.Started off with maybe 20 then rmoved them all then just more and more kept showing up that i couldnt even count how many.I hear 6 lines are hit or miss for most part.

damn things are tuff i removed all saltwater from tank and dumped 5 gals of freshwater in the tank and the things are still moving around days later...........

I GIVE UP.........

damn things are tuff i removed all saltwater from tank and dumped 5 gals of freshwater in the tank and the things are still moving around days later...........

I GIVE UP.........

That's just not possible.

Can we see a pic of these mutant flatworms?

masterbuilder

There is a fix for everything.

Someone will have the correct treatment ....... you will be up and on your way in no time.

Need pics of Flat Worms.

Hang in there, we'll do everything we can to help you figure this out.

This is too cool of a setup to give up on.

Shoot, it's MY dream setup right now!

Lol my brother came by today and i was showing him ones that were on glass then he was looking at them and said they were still moving.I told him that it wasnt possible and to shut up.I walked over to the tank to look and sure thing they were still moving around on glass.I dont get it as so so many people told me a fw dip would do them in.Well they have been dipped for 3 days now with no heater on no light for 3 days and still alive. :scarry: Now i soaked all the lr for while then started to cure it again after the fw soaking.Im now worried after seeing them make it 3 days in the tank that they are prob still on my rock now.....

Im so mad about this tank setup i have posted fs on local boards.Nothing seems to go right with it and just dont seem like it was meant to be.Ill try and get pic but my photo skills stink

Nooo! don't give up. It was looking really good with just the rocks in there and i can only imagine it looking better with corals in there.

stupid things mutated or something lol

Levamisole and a Magnum HOT or a diatom filter + lots of powerheads to get them up and off the substrate and moving in the water column for removal. The levamisole will paralyze them, the filters will remove them. A couple treatments and you should be good to go before you add any more complicated surfaces to the tank.

I have used it in a fully stocked tank. some of the tubeworms and other inverts don't like it - but their exposure is brief and they recover.

Keith

...Yellow Coris Wrasse will eat em up like nothin else.. we HAd a flat worm infestation in the 150 reef at my school we dropped one in there in 2 weeks not a single one since (its been about 2 months)

removed all sand and cooked whatever ones were in tank yet,will drain in few days now.If any made it in these temps im gonna let this tank learn how to fly out the window........

100_1004.jpg

Ok worked on tank some more.I picked up a tek hanging kit from my brother ordered up some stuff to get a ato on this beast and having the gf stop at the glass shop to have a piece of glass cut to replace the section i broke on my cover..I think with the ato i will be very happy i kept this setup.I still have to screw mounts to wall so level and cut extra cable off but im liking how it looks now instead of the legs on the tek light which i couldnt use a glass top with.All rock is cycling in a tub at this moment and im gonna transfer the cube soon as i get the glass made.

100_1021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok after having issues with a ton of flatworms i tore it down killed off the liverock and sand and was ready to throw this thing out the window its back up and running as of last nite.I will add the ther rock that was in tank before in a bit when its done cycling.Oh and i ditched the mh setup for a tek light.......all went well with transfer except few snails not so happy lol.Oh well.

100_1048.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1042.jpg

100_1041.jpg

100_1043.jpg

two new pics.My pistol and watchman have made a few hangouts already and seem happy.I aso think the clowns are happy with a little more fin room now :]

100_1055.jpg

100_1052-1.jpg

thanks.Im digging it too now.Just gotta wait bit more to get that rock back in then ill be really happy with this tank.Oh and again my pics really ruin it.Thing is so so much brighter in person :{

Well i have all the rock in now and it just needs to color back up lol.I love how it turned out.Now it just needs to mature a bit.

100_1059.jpg

100_1062.jpg

100_1064.jpg

Archived