inTank Media Baskets

16 gallon Coldwater

Jamie

Today my fish store had a catalina goby, but it was completely covered in ich, so I decided against it. I think it would probably recover, but I don't wanna drop 20 bucks on a fish that could die, or that jim might eat (it was pretty big though, I dount he'd try it). I was thinking of downgrading to a pico in the future, though, and I'd want a catalina. I also felt compelled to save it, but if I buy it they'll probably just replace it with another one. I dunno. opinions? should I leave it or get it?

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True, but you will have a lumpsucker, and that makes all the difference. And you'll be getting some berries soon enough.

I hope I find one haha. Yea thanks in advance for that, there isn't a rush though I want to keep my tank stable for a while first, even though it is.

Today my fish store had a catalina goby, but it was completely covered in ich, so I decided against it. I think it would probably recover, but I don't wanna drop 20 bucks on a fish that could die, or that jim might eat (it was pretty big though, I dount he'd try it). I was thinking of downgrading to a pico in the future, though, and I'd want a catalina. I also felt compelled to save it, but if I buy it they'll probably just replace it with another one. I dunno. opinions? should I leave it or get it?

I would pass, just because I would be afraid of is bringing some disease into your tank.

Good idea jamie. I would hate to have ich in a temperate tank considering animals are so sensitive.

You guys are going to be sending me all the good stuff just so ya know :flower::happydance:.

? As long as i get SOME stuff :).

Don't you live in San Diego? You can get all the stuff you want from the ocean (all the legal stuff). The next three months will have lots of really low tides during daylight hours (less than -0.5 is sufficient). Get wet, and get your own stuff!

Af first I was like :o but then I was :unsure: now I am :happy: .

well, you at least get all the big rocks that are impossible to ship. My sister goes to Whitman in Walla Walla, we go visit her every so often, so my parents figured you could maybe drive down and meet us on 84 (I think it's about an hour from where you are?) sometime.

? As long as i get SOME stuff :).

I may send you a strawberry shell, but my mom hates it when I ship stuff, so you may have to ask jacob nicely, I'll make sure you get something either way.

Don't you live in San Diego? You can get all the stuff you want from the ocean (all the legal stuff). The next three months will have lots of really low tides during daylight hours (less than -0.5 is sufficient). Get wet, and get your own stuff!

I think, despite what his avatar says, he's actually in Colorado, or something like that.

well, you at least get all the big rocks that are impossible to ship. My sister goes to Whitman in Walla Walla, we go visit her every so often, so my parents figured you could maybe drive down and meet us on 84 (I think it's about an hour from where you are?) sometime.

Haha cool :)

I dunno how often I head that direction but I might be able to get some stuff from you. I still want my tank to be stable for a while longer before I get anything.

Haha cool :)

I dunno how often I head that direction but I might be able to get some stuff from you. I still want my tank to be stable for a while longer before I get anything.

Well, it'll be a while. Sometime late spring, probably.

In other news, tidepooling was a success. I got some fishy friends for Jim. One is a prickleback of (I think) the same type, the other is a scalyhead sculpin, pictured here.

DSC_0051-2.jpg

Looks kind of like what I call "bullheads" lol. Neat fish, is it eating fine and everything?

lol, that's because it is. The term "bullhead" is essentially a really general colloquial word applied to any sculpin-like fish. :P There is actually a specific fish called a bullhead, but I think they might be freshwater or something like that.

I haven't seen him eat, but I haven't fed him yet. That just occurred to me... I just probably get on that. ugh, I've been neglecting my tanks with school: AP english term project is due friday, and AP bio and Discrete math both have midterms next week. :wacko:

Cuuuuuute.

I haven't seen the gunnel in a couple of days. :unsure:

Aw. :( well, maybe he'll turn up. Hope he does!

lol, that's because it is. The term "bullhead" is essentially a really general colloquial word applied to any sculpin-like fish. :P There is actually a specific fish called a bullhead, but I think they might be freshwater or something like that.

I haven't seen him eat, but I haven't fed him yet. That just occurred to me... I just probably get on that. ugh, I've been neglecting my tanks with school: AP english term project is due friday, and AP bio and Discrete math both have midterms next week. :wacko:

Aw. :( well, maybe he'll turn up. Hope he does!

Bummer man. Yea my finals start friday lol

Ya I know. It is very weird. I only have 3 days of school next week though, then thanksgiving break, maybe that is the reasoning behind that. Well I have finals every trimester, so maybe thats why it seems early to you lol.

Archived