Pod Your Reef

16 gallon Coldwater

Jamie

ahh, yeah, my school's on the semester system. Same three day week next week for me. But all the other schools here have a whole week off :huh:

Yup, first final today. It was an Hon. English final then the rest next week. I am not looking forward to it. I wish my school had the whole week off....

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im pretty sure gunnels are burrowers. He might be somwhere in your round rocks.

Nice sculpins :).

hopefully!

Yup, first final today. It was an Hon. English final then the rest next week. I am not looking forward to it. I wish my school had the whole week off....

fun fun. It's kinda nice that you have it spread out, or maybe not. It's like a prolonged, mildly painful death, as opposed to being hit by a train. Dunno which is better...

I'm on thanksgiving break XD.

:mellow:

hopefully!

fun fun. It's kinda nice that you have it spread out, or maybe not. It's like a prolonged, mildly painful death, as opposed to being hit by a train. Dunno which is better...

:mellow:

I dunno man lol. It spread out over 4 days. I kind like this then I can find out from friends what are on the other finals lol, then I know what to study. My break starts wednesday. It is short though.

I dunno man lol. It spread out over 4 days. I kind like this then I can find out from friends what are on the other finals lol, then I know what to study. My break starts wednesday. It is short though.

yep yep.

IMG_0041.jpg

i just realized those are waves....not a distant shoreline :mellow:...

lol, where do you think I live, hawaii? :P Yeah, i just stuck my camera down in the surf and took the picture. Those waves you see are at most 8 inches tall. :lol:

Hey Jamie, do you think I should start running my lights on all day?

Way to randomly change the course of conversation :P.

Actually jamie i had an idea of you walking through shallow water about 2 feet deep with you wearing those boots that go up really high collecting livestock and you stopped to take a picture of the other side of the bay..lol.

Sorry to double post but if its for your coldwater im sure it wouldnt really matter since nothing relies on the light but you will probably have an algae bloom. Unless you want macros i would say it mostly for aesthetics if you wanted yo run your lights.

Thats exactly what im talking about lol.

Well it couldn't hurt. Just experiment with it. He probably does to. Your tank looks like its all chrome in the sense of cleanliness lol.

what's your photoperiod now? Honestly, if I were you I wouldn't change anything, but you could try it.

Way to randomly change the course of conversation :P.

Actually jamie i had an idea of you walking through shallow water about 2 feet deep with you wearing those boots that go up really high collecting livestock and you stopped to take a picture of the other side of the bay..lol.

Try this: me in jeans and sneakers on the beach, trying to not get wet while getting the camera in the water. I was actually bent over and running backwards when I took this picture. :lol:

That's not to say that I haven't worn waders while tidepooling though. ;)

• 1 month later...

Today is a day that will live in infamy... no, the tank is fine, but keep reading.

Night tidepooling is pretty cool, all kinds of creatures that you don't usually see are out and about. Me and my dad have only been once, but we really enjoyed it, and, despite the inherent dangers, we made sure we'd go again. Well, tonight was that night, and though it was not our first night tide pooling adventure, it would surely be the last. It was going so well - we'd caught a few cool little shrimps, the clouds had moved off to reveal a beautiful starry sky, it was almost surreal. My dad was having such a good time that he decided one point of contact was enough for the slippery boulders we were walking over, and reached his foot out to take his next step. It was at this point that gravity decided to teach him a lesson. Fortunately, his face, rather than his skull, hit the rock, and he escaped with a broken cheekbone. Needless to say there will be no more night tide pooling. Today is a sad day.

On the plus side, I got some new shrimp for my tank! Pictures once I get home, assuming they don't hide too much.

animalmaster6
Today is a day that will live in infamy... no, the tank is fine, but keep reading.

Night tidepooling is pretty cool, all kinds of creatures that you don't usually see are out and about. Me and my dad have only been once, but we really enjoyed it, and, despite the inherent dangers, we made sure we'd go again. Well, tonight was that night, and though it was not our first night tide pooling adventure, it would surely be the last. It was going so well - we'd caught a few cool little shrimps, the clouds had moved off to reveal a beautiful starry sky, it was almost surreal. My dad was having such a good time that he decided one point of contact was enough for the slippery boulders we were walking over, and reached his foot out to take his next step. It was at this point that gravity decided to teach him a lesson. Fortunately, his face, rather than his skull, hit the rock, and he escaped with a broken cheekbone. Needless to say there will be no more night tide pooling. Today is a sad day.

On the plus side, I got some new shrimp for my tank! Pictures once I get home, assuming they don't hide too much.

I hope your dad gets better sooN! :)

I can't wait for pics!!!!

Yeah, he's going to get a cat scan today to see how bad it is. He's a surgeon, so he knows exactly what's wrong with himself, which is good I guess. He probably needs surgery, because the bone that shifted is pinching one of his facial nerves, but we won't know exactly what he needs until the cat scan. He looks like he got in a fist fight though... his patients are gonna think he's a badass! (or a thug, we'll see).

Thats a bummer, I am glad he is ok!!

What kind of shrimp? And after a day or two they stop hiding :)

Yeah, he's going to get a cat scan today to see how bad it is. He's a surgeon, so he knows exactly what's wrong with himself, which is good I guess. He probably needs surgery, because the bone that shifted is pinching one of his facial nerves, but we won't know exactly what he needs until the cat scan. He looks like he got in a fist fight though... his patients are gonna think he's a badass! (or a thug, we'll see).

Badass B)

haha, perfect. B)

I'm not sure on the shrimp, I'll ave to look in my id book. They're clear - some have no markings, some have a tan stripe down their back.

You should link me to the other shrimp, if you find them, also pics of yours!. I have at least 3 different species in my tank, one red one, one clear with black stripes, one green etc.

Archived