Coral Vue Hydros

16 gallon Coldwater

Jamie

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice shots man! I need to start taking some photos, I want to have mine have that black around them too, is that just a shadowing effect in photoshop?

I'm looking at and am probably getting the Canon Rebel T1i

exciting! take lots of pictures when you do. :)

Nice shots man! I need to start taking some photos, I want to have mine have that black around them too, is that just a shadowing effect in photoshop?

Thanks! Not sure what you mean, vignette? The only one of these I put a vignette on was the hermit crab, and I use ps lightroom, though I bet you can make vignettes in regular photoshop too.

exciting! take lots of pictures when you do. :)

Thanks! Not sure what you mean, vignette? The only one of these I put a vignette on was the hermit crab, and I use ps lightroom, though I bet you can make vignettes in regular photoshop too.

I honestly have no idea. I don't use the photoshop I have, I really should though. My pics would probably look a lot better....hmmm

• 6 months later...
AquaticEngineer

Everything that was his is now mine....all mine!!!!! But I'm keeping it warm, errr, cold for him til he gets back from college ;)

hi recent fts pls kthx :flower:

tank is no more :(

Hey Jamie! How is college? Do you have any tanks still?

friggin amazing. I can't even describe the jump between the boringness of highschool and the amazingness of college. get excited. no tanks at the moment, but I've been tossing around a pretty sweet idea, and if I can convince my parents, it might be developed in the near future, but right now they're not to excited about it.

Everything that was his is now mine....all mine!!!!! But I'm keeping it warm, errr, cold for him til he gets back from college ;)

:D and it all looks great. glad you're doing such a good job!

friggin amazing. I can't even describe the jump between the boringness of highschool and the amazingness of college. get excited. no tanks at the moment, but I've been tossing around a pretty sweet idea, and if I can convince my parents, it might be developed in the near future, but right now they're not to excited about it.

Ahh I envy you. I can't wait to go, it should be a ton of fun :D Oooooh really? At college or home? Guessing home since it involves parents.

both, transportation is the hitch. I'm trying to make a pico that can seal up tightly and be put in my checked baggage. I have something that I think will work, but they don't, which is the problem. I say that the only solution is to build it, but we'll see what they decide.

AquaticEngineer
both, transportation is the hitch. I'm trying to make a pico that can seal up tightly and be put in my checked baggage. I have something that I think will work, but they don't, which is the problem. I say that the only solution is to build it, but we'll see what they decide.

Are you trying to get stuff down there? Or back up here from there?

Maybe a little of both, depends on where I can find cool things for cheap, I guess. :) This would be a tropical tank, by the way, I realized I didn't say that earlier, and we're in a coldwater thread here.

though now that I think about it, cw wouldn't be too difficult. If I could automate some sort of feeding system maybe I could even leave it there over the summer. One of the bio profs might like to have it in their room... I guess I'll ask around.

AquaticEngineer

I built my refridgerated auto feeder for under $60 final cost. Hit me up if u want more details, its pretty easy once you've done one and as long as you can find a great deal on a dosing pump that is programable for 7 days a week. I picked up 2 dosers shipped for $72 on ebay and got the mini fridge for free.

yeah, that would be awesome. Still don't know if I'll do it yet, but its always good to have more information. People are always selling their mini fridges for really cheap at the end of the year, so that shouldn't be a problem.

• 3 months later...
AquaticEngineer

Hey Jamie, I'm going to go collecting at Barview on April 20th. There is going to be a -1.7 tide that morning :D Got any pointers for the area? Or things I should keep an eye out for? Any other places along that area of the coast I should check out while I'm there?

• 3 weeks later...
horusmachine
Hey Jamie, I'm going to go collecting at Barview on April 20th. There is going to be a -1.7 tide that morning :D Got any pointers for the area? Or things I should keep an eye out for? Any other places along that area of the coast I should check out while I'm there?

I went collecting in Barview last year and got some pretty cool rocks. I collected in the big pool you will

see as you drive up. Good hunting

H

AquaticEngineer
I went collecting in Barview last year and got some pretty cool rocks. I collected in the big pool you will

see as you drive up. Good hunting

H

We are going to start at sunrise just south of Tillamook and Garibaldi, in Oceanside, and then head back around Tillamook bay to Garibaldi and and Barview.

Here's the thread I have going about the trip if you haven't checked it out yet.

Any scouting reports for me or things I should look for?

Archived