Top Shelf Aquatics

16 gallon Coldwater

Jamie

all you need is a big pump and some pvc! Some sort of intake filter would probably be good, too I don't think you want to be blending up the wildlife. On the plus side - fish smoothie for your livestock!

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cod smoothie would be nice. I am thinking about one that could be permanent though, like a large glass aquarium with a flow through in it, sitting on the back where it gets sunlight. That would be pretty cool.

• 2 weeks later...
Claremont is only about 50 minutes from the coast (Newport Beach, Laguna Beach), and they have some great tidepools there. I live in San Diego, but I know a lot about California animals and collecting laws, so let me know if you want some help setting up a cold water tank when you get here.

Newport Beach is a nice place. If you go kayaking in the bay you can find navanax and bubble shells. On the ocean side are all kinds of hermits and regular crabs. I love Newport :wub:.

Sounds awesome!

And, just in case you guys were worried that I had completely lost it and was actually getting rid of my coldwater stuff, I present to you, my new downsized cw tank! It's now a 5.5 aga (no fts at the moment, sorries.)

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0020-2.jpg

mini-jim (Jim himself now lives in Maryland)

DSC_0030-2.jpg

xantho

DSC_0041-3.jpg

epiactis

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

full of mysis

DSC_0052-3.jpg

DSC_0063-4.jpg

Downgrading means I should be able to get a few more months out of my chiller. yay!

animalmaster6

Looks Awesome! :)

jacob and Jamie! Check out my 125g thread in a little whi;e. I went to the NE Aquarium and took quite a few videos and pics of coldwater tanks. I saw a gunnel EXACTLY like Jim!!! omgomgomg

Strawberries!!! So how is everything doing? FTS por favor

Everything's doing good. Pics when I'm done with my english term project.

Looks Awesome! :)

jacob and Jamie! Check out my 125g thread in a little whi;e. I went to the NE Aquarium and took quite a few videos and pics of coldwater tanks. I saw a gunnel EXACTLY like Jim!!! omgomgomg

will do. :)

I was trying to feed Jim and he bit me <_<.

I told D I wasn't touching the tank again.

You must not be feeding him enough :lol:

He doesn't bite that hard though. I personally think you should forgive him. He has poor vision.

mo' pitchers!

mystery Epiactis (if you have an id, let me know!)

DSC_0002-2.jpg

mini jim

DSC_0065-1.jpg

snail

DSC_0050-1.jpg

actinia equina, antho. xantho.

DSC_0062-2.jpg

dshnarw nem (what did we decide this was?)

DSC_0018-1.jpg

berries :happy:

DSC_0070-2.jpg

Jacobnano

I have an ID for that nem! The little one on the right looks like a brooding nem baby to me!

Mini Jim is a cool cat.

Indeed. :D

I have an ID for that nem! The little one on the right looks like a brooding nem baby to me!

Well, what do you know? It's not the one you mentioned, but you sent me on a bit of search, and here it is! I've even been this website before, and I didn't realize this was it. Epiactis ritteri it is.

http://www.wallawalla.edu/academics/depart...is_ritteri.html

Jacobnano

Oh well....

So how is everything doing? It is all still spread out between tanks right?

Oh well....

So how is everything doing? It is all still spread out between tanks right?

Everything is now consolidated into this one tank. (it's a 5.5. sorry I still haven't gotten around to that fts). The 16 gallon was basically just holding jim, some big rocks, and a few anemones. All the nems were moved to this tank, the big rocks were thrown into the woods, and jim sent to live with dshnarw, so no more big tank.

we havent...

something from west africa.

Ah, I remember now. I feel like we should invent a name - Actinia hawkinsii?

You should send a picture to whoever figures out that sort of thing. It could be new, who knows?

more work (AP tests) = more procrastination through photography!

DSC_0004-2.jpg

DSC_0016-4.jpg

DSC_0019-1.jpg

DSC_0092-3.jpg

DSC_0071-3.jpg

DSC_0018-3.jpg

suprisingly, this guy is still alive. He must be eating something, I've had him since last august.

DSC_0089-2.jpg

well camouflaged decorator crab and turban snail

DSC_0108-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Archived