Coral Vue Hydros

T5HO Information

Weetabix7

I run a FNI 4 bulb T5 fixture on my 40 AGA Breeder with ATI bulbs ,2-blue plus ,1 aquablue special and 1 purple plus.Corals need to be acclimated properly for lighting.The fixture is setup on the tank with the mounting legs that come with it.

Im actually thinking of raising it up some.

Edited by B.C.

Ok now, another simply answered question.

My future tank (very, very far future) is gonna be similar in dimensions to an ADA 90p which is ~36"x18"x18"

I'm planning a mixed reef, this will be my first true foray into SPS, but the main focus is to get a little bit of everything. (plenty of zoas, acans, etc.)

I'm (obviously) looking at T5s for lighting, my original plan was for a Tek Elite 6x39w but from doing quite a bit of looking around it's seeming like I could possibly get away with 4x39w instead.

In that case then I was looking at a standard Tek 4x39w, but I do want active cooling. Aside from ATI (a bit higher than I'd like to spend) and Aquamedic (just overpriced for the product imo) I don't see many 4x39w fixtures with active cooling.

So I suppose the question is, should I go with the 6x39w or the 4x39w (if 4 bulbs, any fixture recommendations with active cooling?)

Thanks for the help!

I would if I was a handy person. Added that it's gonna be a rimless tank and I wanna go for a sleek fixture simply hanging overtop, I probably should have specified :lol:

Thanks a ton!

finally i got this combo :

1 x ATI T5 Röhre Actinic 24 Watt (ATI-ac24)

1 x ATI T5 Röhre Aquablue special 24 Watt (ATI-as24)

1 x ATI T5 Röhre Blue plus 24 Watt (ATI-bp24)

1 x ATI T5 Röhre Purple Plus 24 Watt (ATI-pc24)

should i start using all? i'm planning to have LPS and zoas.

i forgot to mention, the lamp has no crylic protection sheet, should i get one or can i hang the lamp with the bare tubes. is it really important to have the acrylic?

has anybody ran this?

If so id really like to see some pics...

from front to back

Ati aquablue

Ati true actinic

Ati purple plus

Ati aquablue

Id like to get a bluish purple look maybe a lil more purple... what color would i get with this?

I am curious to know what 5 bulb combo you guys think would work best for an LPS/Soft corals tank. The fixture that I currently use is a 24" Aquactinics fixture that holds 5 bulbs. This fixture has 2 switches. First switch controls bulbs 1,3 and 5 and the second switch controls bulbs 2 and 4.

The first combo I ran was the following;

Front to back.

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue Plus

GE 6500K

ATI Blue Plus

As you guys can see the 3 ATI Blue Plus were used for dusk and dawn effect and I found the tank too blue. Then when the GE 6500K and ATI Aquablue Plus were on the tank was too bright as these two bulbs overpowered the 3 ATI Blue Plus Bulbs. All in all this was not a good combo.

Second combo I tried was the following;

Front to back.

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Purple Plus

ATI Aquablue Special

ATI Blue Plus

For this combo I used 2 ATI Blue Plus and 1 ATI Purple Plus for dusk and dawn and It actually looks pretty good. The other 2 bulbs (ATI Aquablue Special and ATI Blue Plus) come on later and the tank does not look bad when the 5 bulbs are on. However, I would like to get rid of one of the ATI Blue Plus and switch it for something else but I am not sure what bulb to go for. Open to suggestions from you guys.

Is the anyone out there using a 5 bulb Aquactinics fixture? If so, what bulb combo are you using?

Thanks

has anybody ran this?

If so id really like to see some pics...

from front to back

Ati aquablue

Ati true actinic

Ati purple plus

Ati aquablue

Id like to get a bluish purple look maybe a lil more purple... what color would i get with this?

If you want a more purple look replace the actinic with a purple plus.

My head is spinning after reading all of this and trying to decide on a bulb combo :wacko:

I am starting up a 20L with a 24" 4bulb Tek fixture.

Seems like the popular combo is the Fiji Purple/ATI Blue+/Aquablue Special/ATI Blue+.

I have a 150W 14K Phoenix bulb over my BC14 now and I like that color but would like a little more purple (and not as bright) in it for the 20L. Does the combo above get me there?

I would like to get close to a nice purplish 20K look but would also need decent PAR. Tank will contain SPS/LPS/softies/clam/etc.

You help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone think that an 8 bulb or 6 bulb T5HO setup would be TO MUCH light for a Red Sea Max 130D?

I DONT want to brown out corals or bleach them out from burning the hell outta them with lights, I know on the 8 bulb setup I was looking at you can control the bulbs with 2 switches so 4 bulbs + 4 bulbs

Does anyone think that an 8 bulb or 6 bulb T5HO setup would be TO MUCH light for a Red Sea Max 130D?

I DONT want to brown out corals or bleach them out from burning the hell outta them with lights, I know on the 8 bulb setup I was looking at you can control the bulbs with 2 switches so 4 bulbs + 4 bulbs

Lol a rsm isnt that wide of tank and no need for 8 bulbs.6 is prob really too much even.I know i would do 4 bulbs but that just me.

Lol a rsm isnt that wide of tank and no need for 8 bulbs.6 is prob really too much even.I know i would do 4 bulbs but that just me.

Lol I really had no doubt that an 8 bulb was to much so I was mainly only looking at the 4 bulb setup BUT I figured if a 6 bulb was that much better I may as well get that one but I will just go ahead and order my 4 bulb setup and supplement it with some royal blue led's and nite light led's as well

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread Im pretty exhausted (so many options) omgomgomg ... I'm looking for a bluer 4 bulb combo for my 20 long (right now running stock 10k and actinics) so it seems that 2 blue plus, 1 aquablue special and a purple plus will look good.. but will it cover the white spectrum?

Edited by pablom617
After reading this thread Im pretty exhausted (so many options) omgomgomg ... I'm looking for a bluer 4 bulb combo for my 20 long (right now running stock 10k and actinics) so it seems that 2 blue plus, 1 aquablue special and a purple plus will look good.. but will it cover the white spectrum?

thats a good combo.if want little bluer replace the blue special with a uv super actinic.Par will be tiny tiny bit lower but nothing to really worry about.It dropped like 10 in all areas when i switched mine out.

thats a good combo.if want little bluer replace the blue special with a uv super actinic.Par will be tiny tiny bit lower but nothing to really worry about.It dropped like 10 in all areas when i switched mine out.

Okay thanks for the suggesting. Will the tank be okay without the white spectrum (in the case of the super actinic)? Did you notice any of your corals morph color?

Okay thanks for the suggesting. Will the tank be okay without the white spectrum (in the case of the super actinic)? Did you notice any of your corals morph color?

I havent noticed anything odd and have been running for sometime now.Everyone that sees tank comments on how well the color is.