Coral Vue Hydros

T5HO Information

Weetabix7

Id recommend 4 blue+ and 2 coral plus. The aquablue special are a bit too white IMO

I considered that as well, but the light is brand new and I can always put one of the stock actinics back in if necessary.

I just finished replacing the final two bulbs on my four bulb fixture over my 20 long. I really like the color a lot.

Front

Blue+

Coral+

Purple+

Blue+

Back

reesestewww
Any thoughts on 3 ATI blue+, 1 aquablue special, and 2 coral+?

I personally would put a Purple+ in the mix. The AB Special is a white-ish light. So maybe sub a P+ for one of the C+?

IMHO

Id recommend 4 blue+ and 2 coral plus. The aquablue special are a bit too white IMO

This

Rehype, I've finally migrated to Coral+, Blue+, Blue+, Coral+, Blue+, Blue+

I would have set it up more symetric, but I like the two blue+ to be the first two on.

I just finished replacing the final two bulbs on my four bulb fixture over my 20 long. I really like the color a lot.

Front

Blue+

Coral+

Purple+

Blue+

Back

i'm running the same combo now, i like it a lot. i noticed the coral plus was really blue for the first few days.

• 2 weeks later...
darkreefer82

i love the way those corals look under the T5's, ive just gotten mine started maybe 5 or 6 months ago, but im just about full on my own corals, sarcophyton spp. 2x green/purple long tentacle fungias, watermelon mushroom, superman mushroom, candy cane, whisker coral, neon green star polyps and a painful min-maxi anemone. i was just wondering, would a 2 bulb setup be enough for the brains and acans like you have, or would i need more for a 10 gallon tank with a 10 gallon sump/refuge

darkreefer82

sir, you have captured my attention with your amazing landscaping and the sheer number of acans i see in that tank( or what im assuming are acans). i would love to get my 56 cube set up with as many acans as you have, along with some chalice and maybe some long leathers that would give some movement in the tank to go with the beautiful colors you can find acans in.

darkreefer82

what size are those frog spawns in the second pic and how long would you say you've had them, b/c im very interrested in frogspawn and hammer corals and would like to know the "ish" growth rates on them from someone that wasn't trying to sell them to me

lakshwadeep

:welcome: to nano-reef.com, darkreefer. You will need to be more specific which post(s) you're referring to, or at least mention a specific member's name. To do this, you should quote the post(s) by clicking the "+QUOTE" button located on the bottom right of all posts. You can quote multiple posts at a time. Next, click "ADD REPLY" (found either at the top or bottom of a page), and you will find the quoted posts. Be reasonable in quoting; avoid fully quoting a post with a lot of pics/text in order to discuss a few points things.

Now, quoting only works with making new posts, so if you want to edit your current posts, first do the quoting procedure, copy the entire quote (should be

) after going to add reply, refresh the page or click back, and then go to the post you want to edit, click quick edit, and paste the quote.
Edited by lakshwadeep

question guys, right now I am running AI sol blue and I am just not having luck. I love the light and the way I can do different things with it, but I just cant get and growth or set right. I got it up to 55% and the corals reacted badly, but before that I was having no growth...My tank is a 24 nano so I is not very wide, only 18inches, so the light is going to hang over the side..I am looking at the ATI 6blub 24in. I was looking at the dimmable version since I loved that feature on my AI sol blue..I am just throwing ideas around right now.

freemandnj973

just ordered 2 coral plus, a blue plus and a purple plus should have them friday i'll have pics up of that combo. what is the burn in time for t5 bulbs?

• 1 month later...

Just got my new bulbs in and thought I'd add my FTS to the list. I'm not real good with the camera yet but thats close to what I see, its just a little bit brighter. I want to thank everyone on here who took the time to post these shots. This thread is what helped me make up my mind on my bulb combo and I am very happy with it.

From front to Back

blue plus

aquablue

blue plus

purple plus

IMG_0028.jpg

what size are those frog spawns in the second pic and how long would you say you've had them, b/c im very interrested in frogspawn and hammer corals and would like to know the "ish" growth rates on them from someone that wasn't trying to sell them to me

Ive had my frogspawn for about 4 months it started with two heads it reached six heads and i fragged it a few weeks ago both frags have 3 heads and are already getting new growth. They are under metal halides and in low-moderate flow. Hope this helps

My tank is 19'' deep. Got the 6x24w ATI Sumpower Dimmable and thinking of this bulb set up:

B+, B+, P+, Coral +, B+, B+

You think I could keep a clam or bubble tip anem with this setup?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just installed.

Front

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Purple Plus

ATI Coral Plus

ATI Blue Plus

Back

As it has been noted the ATI Purple Plus passed a red tinge to everything and was more purple than blue. I put one of my old ATI Blue Plus bulbs back in and there is a significant difference in both pop of the colors and the purple/reddish color cast is now gone. I'm now running the following and am very happy. The tank has a very nice 20k look now.

Front

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Blue Plus

ATI Coral Plus

ATI Blue Plus

Back

• 2 weeks later...
is the fiji purple the same as ATI purple?

Pretty much. Ive owned both at the same time and i couldnt see a discernible difference. Heres an old pic i took when i had both bulbs..

DSC_0336.jpg

Is the ATI Coral Plus bulbs pretty much the same as the ATI procolor they used to sell? The description I've been reading seems like they are the same bulb but marketed with a new name.

NEW 4 BULB COMBO IM LOVING.I like the new ati coral + alot.

ati blue +

uv super actinic

ati coral+

ati blue+

Could you please post a picture of this setup?