Innovative Marine Aquariums

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

Really great tank. I like the frag plugs on top of the frag rack, ready for any frag that comes along. :D

Thanks

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that FTS is amazing!! :eek:

My minis didn't make it... :tears: Fortunately I had given a couple to some SCNRS members and those have cloned, so I should be furnished witha couple more soon hopefully, then we can finally trade, lol!

Wow, that FTS is amazing!! :eek:

My minis didn't make it... :tears: Fortunately I had given a couple to some SCNRS members and those have cloned, so I should be furnished witha couple more soon hopefully, then we can finally trade, lol!

awwww =( how did you take them off the rock?

awwww =( how did you take them off the rock?

Well when I redid the tank, I put the rock they were on, in a bucket of FW and after about 10 minutes they came right off. B) I didn't have a way to reattach them (I didn't want to have them attach yet anyways so I could send ya' one) and stupid me put them in a Glad container with SW in it floating at the top, right under the MH light... :( I should have floated them in my 30g setup under the T5's and they'd have been ok I'm sure. Dumb reefing mistake, lol!

Paleoreef103

The tank is stellar DeMartini. Truly awesome. Is it really just the K1 and heater in the tank? No sump, no fuge, no skimmer, no nothing?

Clowns spawning yet? Sorry if I missed it.

not yet.... I hope they do fingerscrossed

The tank is stellar DeMartini. Truly awesome. Is it really just the K1 and heater in the tank? No sump, no fuge, no skimmer, no nothing?

Yeah, but the pump is a tunze, not a K1. I do add a filter for one day after my weekly water changes.

where do you get ur rics and do u know a good place to get uncommon mini nems?

I bought my rics from my lfs. I have no clue where to find any mini anemones.... I wish I did lol Mine came from members on here and SWF.com

Beautiful tank. How are your SPS doing? I'm thinking of doing my ADA like yours- filterless, skimmerless, sumpless- but I'm worried about keeping SPS corals healthy. What species do you keep?

Beautiful tank. How are your SPS doing? I'm thinking of doing my ADA like yours- filterless, skimmerless, sumpless- but I'm worried about keeping SPS corals healthy. What species do you keep?

Right now, I have been able to keep a Green Milli, Bird's nest, and a Valida. And I just added a ORA Red Planet acro and a Purple Bonsai. The only sps I lost was a blue acro, but that was because it fell into some yumas.

Here are pics of the new corals.

Red Planet

IMG_3614.jpg

Purple Bonsai

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

Goniopora

IMG_3597.jpg

Purple Plate Coral

IMG_3632.jpg

very nice... do you dose? how's the growth?

I dose calcium and dKH. I need to get a magnesium test kit, so I can start dosing that too. I just got into SPS less than a month ago, so there isn't much growth yet.

What brands/methods do you use to dose? I've tried almost everything and I've had the best results with good old kalkwasser.

thanks guys! yeah, I do need a bigger tank lol

I LOOOOOVE Kylebeano for selling me these RAINBOWS!!!!!! :bowdown:

IMG_3680.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

I also got some pink speckle palys and PPEs from him, but they haven't fully opened yet.

IMG_3685.jpg

I think you should keep the pot, its not bad. Just cover it in those blue cloves, that would look nice, then later down the road you could frag them with a hammer.

I think if I end up selling some of my corals later on down the road, im sending them to you and having you take the pictures. Im glad to see the rainbows are doing well (theyre prettier in your tank lol), maybe the people eaters are open today!

Kimberly63

Very nice tank!

Are you still using the aqua medic pendant?

It looks like you have some sort of blue light supplement like actinics.

Archived