Top Shelf Aquatics

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lauren,

So I'm gonna have to hop on the bandwagon... I'd love to buy some corals from you whenever available! Just set up my 20G and definitely love what you got going on there. So I'll be keeping in touch :)

Theresa

Great looking tank! Its an inspiration!

other than adding Ca2+ and Alk do you add any DT's /phyto? What do you feed and what is your feeding schedual?

Thanks

kyle has great palys, i have a couple from him. i want your tank like you dont even know :wub:

Thank you :happy:

I think you should keep the pot, its not bad. Just cover it in those blue cloves, that would look nice, then later down the road you could frag them with a hammer.

I think if I end up selling some of my corals later on down the road, im sending them to you and having you take the pictures. Im glad to see the rainbows are doing well (theyre prettier in your tank lol), maybe the people eaters are open today!

I may have to keep the pot!!! they love it too much..... -_-

By the way.... the PPEs did open and I LOVE them!!!!!!!!

Very nice tank!

Are you still using the aqua medic pendant?

It looks like you have some sort of blue light supplement like actinics.

I went with the 150 watt PFO pendant with a 14K phoenix bulb.

Great pic Lauren! The rainbows are nice! B)

Thank you =)

Hey Lauren,

So I'm gonna have to hop on the bandwagon... I'd love to buy some corals from you whenever available! Just set up my 20G and definitely love what you got going on there. So I'll be keeping in touch :)

Theresa

PM me if you're still interested in buying corals.

Great looking tank! Its an inspiration!

other than adding Ca2+ and Alk do you add any DT's /phyto? What do you feed and what is your feeding schedual?

Thanks

thanks so much! =)

I do add DT's. I feed my fish ORAglo every day. I feed my corals cyclopeze and mysis every couple days.

e

soooo, how're the frags doin?

and the rest of your tank of course.

everything is doing great!!!! =)

I got a lot of free SPS from a friend at the fish store who has decided to go all soft corals. I changed out a lot of the rock on the right side for more branching rock because I wanted to have spots for SPS. Some new pictures!!

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3742.jpg

IMG_3746.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3759.jpg

IMG_3760.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

Just beautiful! Your tank gets my vote for best looking tank on N-R :D Are you leaving the HOB on the the tank full-time now or was it cleaning day?

aww thanks guys :happy:

Gena, I was moving a lot of stuff around and debris was getting kicked up, so I stuck it on. I also like taking pictures after water changes bc the water looks so sparkly clean lol

Timanator, I don't know bc I don't have any lineage for it, but it is a bonsai and it's really beautiful! lol

Have you thought about clearing the sand bed? Would look less cluttered.

yeah, I've been trying to trade the corals on the sand bed for a while. I may just sell the stuff to my lfs.

If your getting rid of the cloves... Shoot me a pm :P

Your tank is definitely a BIG inspiration of my (currently barren) tank

Oh ok, for some reason I was thinking it had been a while. Everything looks great though!

What sand do you use in your tank? I'm debating on if I want to set my 30g back up as BB or with saind again...

Hi Lauren :D If I remember correctly, you didn't paint the back of your tank, right? What did you use for your background?

It's not paint. It is a vinyl sheet that sticks the the back of the tank. I ordered mine though marinedepot.com It's really easy to install and looks as if it were painted.

Oh ok, for some reason I was thinking it had been a while. Everything looks great though!

What sand do you use in your tank? I'm debating on if I want to set my 30g back up as BB or with saind again...

I'm using Nature's Ocean Bio-Active Reef Sand. I don't really like the looks of bare bottom tanks, but if you are going all SPS and a lot of flow it might be better for the tank.

I finally got a tail spot blenny. I had been looking for one for a long time, but they are really hard to find in my area. I love him so much, he has a great personality.

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3825.jpg

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3843.jpg

Aquatic Central over by SFSU. He had 4 of them.

Never been there, though I don't know the LFS's on the peninsula as well as the East Bay. I'll check em' out in one of the next upcoming weekends.

Thanks Lauren, for the link. I LOVE your TSB! That fish has been on my list for a possible last addition to my tank. I think they are so cute :wub:

Tank is looking really dope.

If you want to clear up sandbed space let me know i'll come up and buy some ish off ya.

Archived