SaltCritters.com

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

Tank is looking really dope.

If you want to clear up sandbed space let me know i'll come up and buy some ish off ya.

Wouldn't that be a long drive from where you are? If you are willing to drive up here, I would be happy to sell to you.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Lauren, for the link. I LOVE your TSB! That fish has been on my list for a possible last addition to my tank. I think they are so cute :wub:

Get one!! they are sooo cute! :happy:

Paleoreef103

This tank has really changed! It's always been gorgeous, but those SPS really add to the tank! What is your feeding and dosing schedule if I may ask.

I feed ORA Glo every day and spot feed corals, fish, and inverts mysis and cyclopeeze every 2-3 days. I only dose calcium and dKH buffer only when my tests show I that I need to.

• 1 month later...

That's an awesome plate, Lauren! B) Do they require sand to sit on, or can they sit on a BB tank?? BTW, I finally got my 30g Finnex tank all set back up, lol!! I have a couple pics of it in my tank thread.

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated in a long time! I sort of got tired of my tank and neglected to take care of it, so a lot of my zoanthids melted away and my awesome plate isn't doing too good either. However, the blue cloves took off! they are even growing over my pump! I love my tank again and I'm in the process of cleaning it up. Here are some new pictures!

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

Tanks lookin awesome!

it doesnt seem like you've neglected it at all. all those SPS pieces are nice and grown.

what intrigues me is that your zoas melted but your SPS did fine...

...so a lot of my zoanthids melted away...

Rather common , unfortunately, and I've experienced the problem, too. Most often the rest of the tank's inhabitants are unaffected by whatever is killing the Zoas. I've found my large 'Pods attacking healthy PE type Palys, in particular, and the colonies often fade away thereafter.

thanks so much! it's good to see you guys =)

nanoreefnate, My SPS is doing fantastic!! I'm beginning to think that I should just go all SPS lol. At least my rainbows and PPEs survived.

Nano sapiens, I have noticed some of my big pods going after my zoas. I'm also having issues with my nuclear greens....they are slowly disappearing.=(

Tank is still killer, but I miss the red zoas in the right hand corner of the tank. You still have the mandarin?

P.s. Welcome back!

P.P.S. I thought to myself a little while back, I wonder what happened to this tank?

Tanks lookin awesome!

it doesnt seem like you've neglected it at all. all those SPS pieces are nice and grown.

what intrigues me is that your zoas melted but your SPS did fine...

My friend has the same problem, he neglected his tank and all his zoas/palys melted away yet all of his sps survived.

Tank is still killer, but I miss the red zoas in the right hand corner of the tank. You still have the mandarin?

P.s. Welcome back!

P.P.S. I thought to myself a little while back, I wonder what happened to this tank?

Thank you!! Sadly, my mandarin is gone =( He got stuck on a patch of mini carpet anemones. My poor yasha died the same way, too. My tailspot even got stuck a couple days ago but he pulled out really quick, so he's fine. I'm going to stick with fish that swim around more!

My friend has the same problem, he neglected his tank and all his zoas/palys melted away yet all of his sps survived.

so weird.....

Thanks for the update!

The SPS looks great :) Sorry to hear about the zoas, personally I think the tank looks breathtaking as is!

aww thanks =)

Archived