inTank Media Baskets

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

I'm using a 150w 14k Pheonix Bulb.

He just bought some conduit pipes from home depot, bent them and then spay painted them black. We didn't want to put any holes in the stand so he built a wooden frame that sits behind my stand that holds the pipes up.

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm using a 150w 14k Pheonix Bulb.

He just bought some conduit pipes from home depot, bent them and then spay painted them black. We didn't want to put any wholes in the stand so he built a wooden frame that sits behind my stand that holds the pipes up.

Awesome!

Thanks

Your tank looks super awesome, keep it up

You're using a Phoenix 14k?? I have the same bulb I bought recently and it seems aweful bluish to me, it's the 150w one like you have. I mean I don't mind the color at all, but I thought the Phoenix was more white compared to other bulbs??

• 2 weeks later...

M

I mean I don't mind the color at all, but I thought the Phoenix was more white compared to other bulbs??

Mine is whiter light than other bulbs but then again I have a 250 watt on an Ice Cap ballast.

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome! stuff that mini and you'll have tons more in no time =)

I ordered a new tank!!!! check it out! =)

New 50G Artisan Series System:

Our new Artisan series aquarium features high quality extra thick 10MM thick glass with 3 sided Starfire panels. All diamond mitered for the ultimate look and feel of furniture detailing that you would expect CAD aquariums to have. Euro style frameless gives you the elegance of Contemporary aquarium designing. The "Open Top" style lets you see the livestock on top for more dimensional views of the reef. Each one of these tanks are hand built in the USA with professionally hand tooled solid black seams.

Total Reef-Ready design

Total Reef-Ready design allows for external sump and equipment installation. Each tank is built with a seamless acrylic laser cut overflow box to maximize effective surface skimming and aesthetics. Overflow system has a maximum drain speed of 1200GPH. Completely hides the drain and return plumbing.

FEATURES:

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)24" x (H)20".

* 10MM thick 3 sides Starfire glass (front and 2 sides) with furniture style mitered edges. *Cadlights Pro Cell-Cast Acrylic 12G refugium sump (does not include refugium substrate).

*1000GPH utility pump MAX @9ft. Head

*Laser-cut cast acrylic reef ready overflow box with Modified Durso drain and Loc-Line plumbing kit.

*Black adhesive Vinyl background

* PC light strip for refugium.

*3-stage HQI, T5HO, LED-HO lighting system with 150W Prism bulb, 24W x 2 T5HO Actinics and 2 LEDHO moonlights.

* separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED-HO system and Halides. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.

*75G Custom Bubble-Magus pin-wheel protein skimmer.

*70G cooling fan unit.

thank God someone ordered one of these -- they look awesome, but no one seems to have one yet. post in the cadlights club thread when you've got it set up!

EDIT: nevermind, apparently that thread is already going.

• 2 weeks later...

I just traded some of my mini carpet anemones at Atlantis and got this really cool red one!

I'll take a better picture when it opens up more.

IMG_4953.jpg

I bought this maxi mini today! it's not crazy colored, but it's still pretty cool and HUGE.

8bfddaa2.jpg

Could you get a picture of this guy's column? I'm thinking that it might be Heterodactyla hemprichii, not S. tapetum. Either way very cool anemone. And that red one is fantastic!

Edit: or maybe Thalassianthus aster, dunno, doesn't look like stichodactyla to me though. :)

I just traded some of my mini carpet anemones at Atlantis and got this really cool red one!

I'll take a better picture when it opens up more.

IMG_4953.jpg

Nice!

Could you get a picture of this guy's column? I'm thinking that it might be Heterodactyla hemprichii, not S. tapetum. Either way very cool anemone. And that red one is fantastic!

Edit: or maybe Thalassianthus aster, dunno, doesn't look like stichodactyla to me though. :)

Thanks! I decided to search around after seeing your post and I found out that it's actually a Cryptodendrum adhaesivum.

I wonder if it can be propagated

Of course! Hey- they host some clowns in the wild, maybe yours will take to it.

They may be propogatable, but I don't know if I'd risk it - they're pretty uncommon in the hobby. How big is it?

it's about 5 inches across.

I have it in a holding container, but it will be going into my new 50 gallon. I hope my clowns go for it =)

it's about 5 inches across.

I have it in a holding container, but it will be going into my new 50 gallon. I hope my clowns go for it =)

Hmm. I don't think it's Heterodactyla hemprichii or Cryptodendrum adhaesivum. It looks the same as the maxi minis I have when they are not fully open yet. I know people have been referring to the maxi minis as the "larger variant of Sticodactyla tapetum", but that ID seems wrong too. Hopefully someone will have a more positive ID on these guys one day.

But yes, you should be able to slice them down the middle.

And that ATL red is beautiful!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived