ReefCleaners.org

DeMartini's ADA Reef

DeMartini

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Lauren, I thought I had lost ALL of my poor mini nems, but recently it turns out, I discovered a little baby one growing on a leaf of halimeda. B) I think once it grows out a little more, I'll send it to ya'!

At least my rainbows and PPEs survived.

Theyre a hardier tank bred species

Haha, Thank Gawd!

And the tank does look pretty wild. The blue cloves are netorious for spawning in closed systems and taking over.

I'm also having issues with my nuclear greens....they are slowly disappearing.=(

My nuclear greens were the first to go :tears: . The only Zoas and Palys to survive in my tank from around 10 types are 2 of the least colorful ones. Figures...

I tried stalking the 'Pods at night, but the ones I missed tweezering soon learned to avoid me. You'll need a nocturnal 'Pod Muncher' of some type if you want to get the little culprits when they are most active.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Lauren, I thought I had lost ALL of my poor mini nems, but recently it turns out, I discovered a little baby one growing on a leaf of halimeda. B) I think once it grows out a little more, I'll send it to ya'!

Awesome! stuff that mini and you'll have tons more in no time =)

I ordered a new tank!!!! check it out! =)

New 50G Artisan Series System:

Our new Artisan series aquarium features high quality extra thick 10MM thick glass with 3 sided Starfire panels. All diamond mitered for the ultimate look and feel of furniture detailing that you would expect CAD aquariums to have. Euro style frameless gives you the elegance of Contemporary aquarium designing. The "Open Top" style lets you see the livestock on top for more dimensional views of the reef. Each one of these tanks are hand built in the USA with professionally hand tooled solid black seams.

Total Reef-Ready design

Total Reef-Ready design allows for external sump and equipment installation. Each tank is built with a seamless acrylic laser cut overflow box to maximize effective surface skimming and aesthetics. Overflow system has a maximum drain speed of 1200GPH. Completely hides the drain and return plumbing.

FEATURES:

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)24" x (H)20".

* 10MM thick 3 sides Starfire glass (front and 2 sides) with furniture style mitered edges. *Cadlights Pro Cell-Cast Acrylic 12G refugium sump (does not include refugium substrate).

*1000GPH utility pump MAX @9ft. Head

*Laser-cut cast acrylic reef ready overflow box with Modified Durso drain and Loc-Line plumbing kit.

*Black adhesive Vinyl background

* PC light strip for refugium.

*3-stage HQI, T5HO, LED-HO lighting system with 150W Prism bulb, 24W x 2 T5HO Actinics and 2 LEDHO moonlights.

* separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED-HO system and Halides. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.

*75G Custom Bubble-Magus pin-wheel protein skimmer.

*70G cooling fan unit.

post-24281-1258922916_thumb.jpg

Bah, it detached and now I can't find it. :( It's somewhere in there I know though, lol!!

OMG, that new tank is awesome!! Can't wait to see this one set up and grow!! B)

Awesome! stuff that mini and you'll have tons more in no time =)

I ordered a new tank!!!! check it out! =)

New 50G Artisan Series System:

Our new Artisan series aquarium features high quality extra thick 10MM thick glass with 3 sided Starfire panels. All diamond mitered for the ultimate look and feel of furniture detailing that you would expect CAD aquariums to have. Euro style frameless gives you the elegance of Contemporary aquarium designing. The "Open Top" style lets you see the livestock on top for more dimensional views of the reef. Each one of these tanks are hand built in the USA with professionally hand tooled solid black seams.

Total Reef-Ready design

Total Reef-Ready design allows for external sump and equipment installation. Each tank is built with a seamless acrylic laser cut overflow box to maximize effective surface skimming and aesthetics. Overflow system has a maximum drain speed of 1200GPH. Completely hides the drain and return plumbing.

FEATURES:

* TANK DIMENSIONS: (L)24" x (W)24" x (H)20".

* 10MM thick 3 sides Starfire glass (front and 2 sides) with furniture style mitered edges. *Cadlights Pro Cell-Cast Acrylic 12G refugium sump (does not include refugium substrate).

*1000GPH utility pump MAX @9ft. Head

*Laser-cut cast acrylic reef ready overflow box with Modified Durso drain and Loc-Line plumbing kit.

*Black adhesive Vinyl background

* PC light strip for refugium.

*3-stage HQI, T5HO, LED-HO lighting system with 150W Prism bulb, 24W x 2 T5HO Actinics and 2 LEDHO moonlights.

* separate circuits and switches for complete automatic and manual control for each T5 bulb, LED-HO system and Halides. Easily compatible with all kinds of timers.

*75G Custom Bubble-Magus pin-wheel protein skimmer.

*70G cooling fan unit.

Great i am getting the same tank i thought i was the only one

In case you're wondering... YES, I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR NEW TANK!!! -_-

I can't wait to see what do with that beautiful new tank!

B)

thank you!! =) I'm so excited!!!

Bah, it detached and now I can't find it. :( It's somewhere in there I know though, lol!!

OMG, that new tank is awesome!! Can't wait to see this one set up and grow!! B)

Oh no!!! lol I can send you some when I transfer my stuff over to the new tank. :flower:

Great i am getting the same tank i thought i was the only one

awesome! What are your plans for lighting? I can't decide between T5 or metal halide.

I'm not sure yet but i don't think am keeping stock lighting. what i really would like would be a ATI 24" 10x24W Powermodule T5 HO or a Aqua Photon Plus 24" 1 x 250W HQI-DE+4x 24W T5 or i could always go the cheap route and get a buildyouraquarium 24'' T5 HO 8 x 24 Moon and there is the old stand by Current Outer Orbit Pro 24" 250watt HQi T5 HO 4x24 watt which is now discontinued but can still be found

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=3211

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=2383

http://buildyouraquarium.com/catalog/produ...682b62b21e76949

I'm not sure yet but i don't think am keeping stock lighting. what i really would like would be a ATI 24" 10x24W Powermodule T5 HO or a Aqua Photon Plus 24" 1 x 250W HQI-DE+4x 24W T5 or i could always go the cheap route and get a buildyouraquarium 24'' T5 HO 8 x 24 Moon and there is the old stand by Current Outer Orbit Pro 24" 250watt HQi T5 HO 4x24 watt which is now discontinued but can still be found

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=3211

http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=2383

http://buildyouraquarium.com/catalog/produ...682b62b21e76949

Those fixtures are way out of my price range. I'm going to skip on cadlight's light and get an Aquamedic 24" 150w T5 combo fixture though. Are you getting the 12g refugium system? Do you know if that protein skimmer is any good?

Beautiful tank D! very impressive!

Thank you! =)

Yeah I'm getting the refugium as for the bubble magus skimmer i don't know i have heard some good thing qbout them in the past but Bubble-Magus copies what ever is popular and make it cheap in china so it might be great or a piece of junk. My guess the skimmer is going to be a Bubble-Magus NAC6 with a Atman PH2500 pump with a mesh wheel they are very similar to a aquabee pump which have a needle wheel but i doubt they will preform as well. But i am going to have to wait and see

• 2 weeks later...

I found a new fish store today and bought some new stuff! =)

Rose Anemone

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

Blue Tort

IMG_4901.jpg

Yellow Milli

IMG_4903.jpg

Blue Tinius

IMG_4905.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

Leng Sy Monticap

IMG_4910.jpg

Tyree flower petal Monticap

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4916.jpg

Hey there,

So I've been skimming through this thread all morning and I know you may have answered this somewhere in here but I figured I'd ask anyway cause I couldn't find it. I see you're running MH, what bulb/kelvin/wattage are you running.

Also,

Back on page 6 you say your bf setup the light stand, may I ask where you got those poles and how it was setup. i'm running my own rimless 5.5 gallon (not ada made it rimless myself) with a 70w Sunpod and I want to hang it as you did but I'm having a hard time finding a good set of poles for this.

Archived