Top Shelf Aquatics

Lizzie's RSM

Lizzie1324

Oh it was because I have a lettuce nudibranch that got caught in it. I freaked out and thought it would nuke my tank, but then I found out the lettuce kind aren't poisonous if they die. Well he lived but is really tiny and I don't see him very often. So the other day I took it off. He stays on the rocks, not on the glass now, so I figured it would be alright.

It's sad because he was really pretty.... :mellow:

But yeah..thats why! :)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good!

What's that to the left of the hammer, below the toadstool and candy cane?

You may want to watch for warfare between the toadstool and SPS corals once you get them. I don't know too much about that but I noticed that StevieT has not replaced the finger leather he lost when it fell into his GSP. And I think he's been adding more SPS corals since then.

Plus I think those toadstools grow without bound! It looks like the Fiji yellow we have is trying to do that. It's almost touching the glass on the left and I'm not sure how it will react when it does. I will guess that within the next six months we will have to frag it because it will be too big.

-hank

I think your talking about the pearl bubble coral. Its one of my favorites!

Thanks for the info on the SPS and leather. I'll make sure to keep it far away from any SPS. My leather has been growing like crazy! I don't know if I really like it dominating that left side. Maybe in the future I could trade with someone. I don't want to frag it because it has such a beautiful shape! :lol: But that may be what I'm looking at in the future...

Thanks for the info!

Thanks. I would really like to put some bright mushrooms under my toadstool leather. And I'd also like to fill in all the gaps with awesome colored zoa's. I'm looking for some different colored hammer/forgspawn, but I don"t have any money right now :P

hi StevieT!

lol

And sorry aquaman. I'm not. I just asked you if you'd like to trade on your thread. lol. I can ship, but I take it you don't like to? I'm from TX :)

Ok, my 'scape was annoying me because I couldn't see my zoa's on the side, so I changed it just a little. And not to brag, but I think I got it perfect this time! :lol: Haha, just kidding. But I do like it a lot more than before and it is closer to the top of the tank which will be good for clams/sps.

I might try a clam soon. My tank is 5 months old and my lfs has them regularly. But my question is which to go for, Crocea (spelling?) or Maxima. My lfs has both pretty much all the time and I can get a smaller one for about 30 dollars.

So heres the pics of my new rockwork and such!

DSCF0001-2.jpg

DSCF0002-2.jpg

DSCF0006-1.jpg

DSCF0007-1.jpg

DSCF0008-1.jpg

DSCF0009-1.jpg

DSCF0010-1.jpg

DSCF0011-1.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0013.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

DSCF0016.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0020.jpg

DSCF0021.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

Thanks! And nope it's not. I think the one your looking at is just a piece of some baby Green Star Polyps that were falling off! :lol:

I'm really trying to stock up on frags for that swap in Houston some time in October. I really like giving stuff to other reefers! :happy: It makes me happy. I can't wait for your tank to cycle and send you a whole little care package :P Hehe. But most of my frags are only a couple polyps, so they would take a little to grow to the size your old ones were. But yeah.

I need a bigger frag rack and can't find eggcrate.... :mellow: Hmph....

Thanks! And nope it's not. I think the one your looking at is just a piece of some baby Green Star Polyps that were falling off! :lol:

I'm really trying to stock up on frags for that swap in Houston some time in October. I really like giving stuff to other reefers! :happy: It makes me happy. I can't wait for your tank to cycle and send you a whole little care package :P Hehe. But most of my frags are only a couple polyps, so they would take a little to grow to the size your old ones were. But yeah.

I need a bigger frag rack and can't find eggcrate.... :mellow: Hmph....

Woohoo my own little care pack lol, awesome! Got any details on that frag swap? You can find eggcrate in the flourescent lighting section at home depot and lowes, it comes in a huge sheet like 3 foot by 5 foot and is really cheap.

Just got through doing a power read through your tank and it is looking very awsome. I love all the lps in there. You were asking me for zoa frags but after checking your tank I think I need to be getting some from you. I might have a few frags of stuff that you don't already have in there though and I will see what I can put together for you. Good job on the tank btw.

Woohoo my own little care pack lol, awesome! Got any details on that frag swap? You can find eggcrate in the flourescent lighting section at home depot and lowes, it comes in a huge sheet like 3 foot by 5 foot and is really cheap.

Haha, thanks. I was like...where is it!?!

Well, any of my zoa's are up for donation, and maybe a head or 2 of my candy cane.

And thanks for telling me about the Crocea. I really want a clam!!!

Just got through doing a power read through your tank and it is looking very awsome. I love all the lps in there. You were asking me for zoa frags but after checking your tank I think I need to be getting some from you. I might have a few frags of stuff that you don't already have in there though and I will see what I can put together for you. Good job on the tank btw.

Haha! Thanks! Yeah, when I get a little more money my options from you tank will widen, but right now all I have is 20 dollars. But I really like monti cap if I was looking at sps, and if you have more than one pink birdsnest that would be nice to. so if they are more than 20 dollars I can wait! But if you could give me something small I'd take almost anything!

Well, I'm not exactly sure one the wattage, but let me check StevieT's thread. They are just the stock T5's that come with the RSM. So yeah. I'd like Metal Halide, but not in the budget right now :)

Archived