Top Shelf Aquatics

Lizzie's RSM

Lizzie1324

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow let me say that first off. Those pictures are great Lizzie.

I have also posted some new pictures of my Tank. I am jelous of your camera though. Mine will never get shots that nice. :lol:

Aw thanks! It's actually my moms camera that she bought on a vacation one time. I don't know what kind it is, but I love it!

I'll go check out your pics now!

Well I got bored so I snapped some pics of my clowns and my yumas. The clowns are doing good. and they have been "testing out" the candy cane for a home. Hopefully they could move to one of my larger lps, but whatever, at least they are hosting something.

I'm looking for a new fish, so the next time I get some money I'll probably go get one, or order some corals and clean-up crew from sea-life.

so here's the pics.....

Clowns....

59-1.jpg

58-1.jpg

57-1.jpg

56-2.jpg

55-1.jpg

54-1.jpg

Yumas....

53-1.jpg

46-1.jpg

45.jpg

Extras....

52-1.jpg

51-1.jpg

50-1.jpg

49-1.jpg

47-1.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!

Nice picture-heavy update! I especially like the last two (Blue Zoanthids and Mini-Dusters). Were you able to find the eggcrate?

I forgot, are the clowns the only fish in there? What type are you going to look for?

gulfsurfer101

Sweet looking tank lizzie. I can't wait to swap back to my 24g so I can have more room for some smaller LPS frags. I added some aussie acans and duncans and those are my only LPS corals I have. I don't have room for them in my 12 but looking at tanks like yours makes me want to jump back into that kind of stuff.

Thanks guys,

phish-yeah, we did find the eggcrate, but it was like the last aisle we looked on :P I have a pair of clowns, a bicolor blenny, and a pink pseudochromis. I'm kind of nervous about putting anything small in there because I don't want the pseudo messing with them, but he has been pretty well behaved so far. I cant decide if I want like 3 more little bitty fish, or two more small-medium sized ones. I know that is pushing the bio-load, but I am pretty good at water changes :)

gulfsurfer- Thanks, I love acans! I think they are way overpriced, but they are really pretty. It seems like every time I have enough money to buy one something else always seems to be a better deal. I am thinking of purchasing a suncoral though, yours are really pretty and thriving, so I kind of want to try it out :)

Thanks guys,

phish-yeah, we did find the eggcrate, but it was like the last aisle we looked on :P I have a pair of clowns, a bicolor blenny, and a pink pseudochromis. I'm kind of nervous about putting anything small in there because I don't want the pseudo messing with them, but he has been pretty well behaved so far. I cant decide if I want like 3 more little bitty fish, or two more small-medium sized ones. I know that is pushing the bio-load, but I am pretty good at water changes :)

gulfsurfer- Thanks, I love acans! I think they are way overpriced, but they are really pretty. It seems like every time I have enough money to buy one something else always seems to be a better deal. I am thinking of purchasing a suncoral though, yours are really pretty and thriving, so I kind of want to try it out :)

Well I'm not too good at fish suggestions lol. I tend to buy the common ones, but a goby and pistol pair always looks cool in my opinion :)

I love my new cleaner shrimp. I highly recomend a Skunck Cleaner shrimp. Also the pics look awsome as per ussual for you. I also love your Zoa's. I have pink ones i wish i could get some other Colours.

Cool. I'll have to look into getting one. Thank, I really got lucky with my zoa's they have colored up nicely. I got them from city pets for like 5 dollar frags. It isn't a fantastic store, but they have great steals. :D

Well all is well. My frogspawn is continuing to split, i think this is its 7th or 8th head..... :mellow:

I need to glue down my zoa frags soon so they can get settled in. And I'll update soon with more pics. :)

Thanks! That is one of the best shots I have gotten of them so far.

urgh... well it's exam time this week, so I probably won't be doing much posting. -_-

But after this week I'll be back with pics!

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm getting a new camera for christmas that can take macro shots up to ten feet under water!! I'm so excited! Hopefully tonight or early tomorrow I will have a bunch of picture updates, cuz it has been a while. :)

Oh and I think I am getting a psychedelic mandarin for my next fish, or the target/spotted mandarin. Not sure which one. I know that they won't last feeding on pods in a system, so I am going to buy a couple bottles of live pods to start off, and train it to eat frozen food. :D And I will also be getting a hard coral soon as well.

It's the Olympus Stylus 850SW. It's 8 mega pixels. I'm still trying to work out the best mode to use for in my tank, but so far I love it.

And, ok I lied. :P I got to fishland and they didn't have a mandarin, but they had a couple scooter blennies. They were kind of skinny, so I was worried about feeding them. I asked the owner if they ate frozen food and sure enough I watched all 3 of them eat a couple pieces of frozen brine. So I'm going to see if he will eat mysis. I named him Dobby.

I have a couple pics, but I can't find the cord to plug my camera in. :o

I also picked up a few turbo snails.

Oh and is it possible to have a mandarin and a scooter blenny in the same tank? If not its ok, I was just wondering.

It's the Olympus Stylus 850SW. It's 8 mega pixels. I'm still trying to work out the best mode to use for in my tank, but so far I love it.

And, ok I lied. :P I got to fishland and they didn't have a mandarin, but they had a couple scooter blennies. They were kind of skinny, so I was worried about feeding them. I asked the owner if they ate frozen food and sure enough I watched all 3 of them eat a couple pieces of frozen brine. So I'm going to see if he will eat mysis. I named him Dobby.

I have a couple pics, but I can't find the cord to plug my camera in. :o

I also picked up a few turbo snails.

Oh and is it possible to have a mandarin and a scooter blenny in the same tank? If not its ok, I was just wondering.

The only reason you wouldn't want a mandarin and scooter blenny in the same tank is if they both wouldn't take frozen food. Since the scooter is eating frozen, and mandarins seem to be relatively easy too train on mysis too. No problem that I can foresee.:)

Archived