Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lizzie's RSM

Lizzie1324

... living in the past - so many RSM threads now... struggling... can't keep up! B)

Anyway, sorry to hear about the brain. We have a large one in QT at the moment (it swells up to about 6" across.) I've fed it a couple of times and hardly seen it's feeder tentacles but it does manage to swallow the mysis. I try to feed early morning or late evening to avoid the time when it is fully expanded. I probably should feed it more.

I doubt that feeding was the only thing that caused its decline. It should survive for a while on light alone. It seems like a good thing that your folks returned it when they did.

Before we went on vacation we forced ourselves not to make any changes before we left to avoid any problems cropping up in our absence. We were gone over two weeks and had someone not very knowledgeable watching our tank. Luckily nothing bad happened in our absence (except that one of our scarlet hermits vanished.)

-hank

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Hank! I really was sad it died... -_-

But for some good news I found a store with AMAZING zoa frags for five or ten dollars. I got 3 frags for 20 bucks today, and they look awesome. When they open up I'll snap pics.

I'm so happy! :lol:

So I picked up some awesome new zoa's, one might be a paly, but I'm not sure how to tell the difference......

so yeah. heres pics of the possible paly's. others are pissed because I moved them :) I'll post pics of them later

new light pink centers with tan skirts

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

The pic is dark but yeah...

3-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

FTS...

10.jpg

Ok, I'm blanking out. How do you change the italics at the top of the page? Mine still says pics of candy cane feasting, and I forgot how to change it...

:blush:

Here's some pics of all my zoa's/possibly paly's I got!

I'm in love with them!

We might have a frag swap in Houston some time in October, so I'm probably going to make some one polyp frags of each and them just let them grow! Hopefully I can trade for some cool stuff!

So yeah.. here they are! And if you know the names of any I'd love to know what they are called.

And the coolest thing happened! When I fragged my red/green/and brown rock I found out that the ones with white centers aren't brown! they're actually dark purple. So I can't wait to see what kind of trades I can get for them. It was a really cool surprise... :D

So enough talk. Here's the pics!

Possible Paly's? Light pink w/tan center

11-1.jpg

My favorite's

12-1.jpg

Fav's again

13-1.jpg

Bad pic, but they have teal centers...

14.jpg

Better pic of pink ones

15-1.jpg

Lps section

16-1.jpg

Candy and Blenny

17-1.jpg

Frags

18-1.jpg

Frags again

18-1.jpg

And again...

19.jpg

Frogspawn splitting into its 5th head. Started as 1!

20.jpg

Yellow sponge thing growing on Pearl

21.jpg

GSP already growing on rocks..

22-1.jpg

4 heads of Hammer, started as 2

23.jpg

Coraline owning Koralia... :)

24-1.jpg

FTS

25.jpg

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me in my journey in reefing! Special thanks to Lalani, StevieT, ddr_phish, Squirrel, and HankB who have helped out the most.

I love how my tank is coming along, and I couldn't have done it without this site! Hopefully it will continue on in awesomeness... haha. :D

Thanks for stopping by!

Ok, I'm blanking out. How do you change the italics at the top of the page? Mine still says pics of candy cane feasting, and I forgot how to change it...

:blush:

Yeah, I keep coming back to see the candy cane feasting and find things going off in a completely different direction. <_<

Go to the first post, click edit -> full edit and you can change it then to match reality, whatever that may be. ;)

-hank

Awww. I'm sorry. -_- Maybe when I set up a pico.... I could only keep it for a little while though, like just when it's a baby.

I still need some sea-monkeys. how are yours?

Urgh. Well hopefully my tank won't crash when Ike heads in. :scarry: I picked up two little air pumps and plan on feeding tomorrow morning, then doing a water change. I'm going to stir my tank if I have to. I know temp. stability is a key problem, hopefully the power won't go out for a long time.

Good luck to all of you in the gulf coast Texas area. Hopefully on Sunday I can post again and all will be well. I don't know what I'd do if this tank crashed.....Probably cry for a very long time -_-

So good luck to all, hopefully Ike will blow over.

Yay!!! My tank is still alive and working!

We lost power for about....14 hours. For two I was able to plug the tank into a generator my neighbors had and the rest of the time I had 2 bubbler's going.

But yeah. No damage to our house. Many of our neighbors have missing roof shingles, fences down, or tree limbs broken, but nothing too bad.

So yeah. I'm happy :lol:

So I was thinking about things I would like to do to the tank within the next 8 or 9 months and thought I would make a list...

Fish stocking:

1. Pygmy Cherub Angel or

2. Shrimp goby and a Yellow Clown goby or

3. Shrimp goby and a Blue Neon Cleaner goby

Which guys do you think I should do. I'm kind of leaning towards #3. Just because I think I would rather have more small fish than fewer big ones. But I'm not really sure...

Coral Stocking:

1. Lots of awesome colored zoa's/paly's

2. Different colors of hammerhead/frogspawn

3. A few pretty hard corals (pink birdsnest... :P)

4. One or two clams

Mods: in order of importance

1. Get MH

2. Buy StevieT media rack

3. Buy chemi-pure/purigen

4. Buy Tunze skimmer

5. Buy StevieT skimmer collection cup

And thats about all...

Haha. And here's some pics of my tank from the beginning of set-up.

Very beginning...

HPIM0145.jpg

More rocks and first fish...

HPIM0176.jpg

Some corals...

DSCF0260.jpg

Now!

25.jpg

Archived