Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lizzie's RSM

Lizzie1324

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear about your scooter Lizzie. Those are by far my favorite fish, so much personality!

At least you have some freakin goreous zoas! I want to steal them.

Aw thanks! I know he was super adorable.

No pics for now, everything in my tank is acting pissed off and I have yet to locate the problem. Calcium is fine, temp is 79, salinity and all the other nitrates and things are normal so idk whats goin on....

Those are all I test for. I did a water change yesterday but no change today. I'll give it a little more time to work out before I get too worried.

All the zoa's are doing great, and the candy cane is great too. just the hammer, frogspawn, and ricodea are pissed all the time.....

Well the ph was the problem. It was low. I think that's why my had coral died too. :/ I didn't even think about that. But I bought some new water today and some stuff to stabilize it and things are already looking better. I got some red mushrooms, some blue pom pom xenia and some peach colored zoa's today. Ill put up pics soon.

:D

Well the ph was the problem. It was low. I think that's why my had coral died too. :/ I didn't even think about that. But I bought some new water today and some stuff to stabilize it and things are already looking better. I got some red mushrooms, some blue pom pom xenia and some peach colored zoa's today. Ill put up pics soon.

:D

Hmm, I've heard that if you have an open-top aquarium and you open a window in your house then that will help the pH raise (something like that), I'm not sure of the exact chemistry of it though. Can't wait to see the new corals, oh and I finally joined MARSH. :D

Sounds fun. Well I bought some marine putty today and "puttied" a bunch of stuff down. My new mushrooms are so pretty! They are red with purple dots, aren't those called superman shrooms?

So looks like everything is opening up again, did a 6 gallon water change yesterday.

Pics soon I promise!

Here's pics with the new stuff. The zoa's on the right of the bright orange ones are the new ones. The FTS is kinda crappy cuz everything is angry right now.

Xenia

P2220005.jpg

Name?

P2220007.jpg

Blurry pic of zoa's

P2220009.jpg

I <3 my superman shrooms!

P2220011.jpg

Some more zoa's and xenia

P2220013.jpg

Crappy fts

P2220012.jpg

Thanks :happy: . Things look marginally better today. But idk if my torch will recover. it is REALLY pissed off. I cant wait for everything to grow, but I think I need to change out my bulbs soon. Does anyone know of some upgrade lights for the RSM that wouldn't involve taking off the hood completely?

And I was thinking of either getting a possum wrasse or a long nosed hawkfish for my next fish addition. Any info?

I've never heard of a possum wrasse but I used to have a Long-Nosed Hawkfish a long time ago(Perished in the tank move), they are quite characters and very cool. Only problem with them is I think most of them will pick on small shrimp/hermits, mine ate a small peppermint shrimp one time, but thats all. :)

Tank looks great!!! Sorry I have been gone for so long and never answered your posts. Life gets a little crazy at times and work has consumed most of my life lately. I updated some pics on my tank thread. Both of my clams are doing great. I have 1 maxima and one crocea you just have to put the crocea up hi and the maxima on the sand bed. My wife had a scooter named blenny he lasted about 3 months and then died. he didn't eat frozen and we didn't know about them eating pods till after he died. he was one of our first fish and she still talks about him. I also had a mandarin in my rsm and he did really good for a long time but slowly started getting skinny and I couldn't catch him and he died also. ;-) keep up the good work your tank looks aw some I would love to have some of those watermelon zoe's for my tank. let me know if you got any frags.

Thanks! Don't worry, I get behind sometimes too. :P Yeah I need to frag those zoo's, they are covered in red algae right now so I need to separate them and fix 'em up. I'd love to send ya some if they start looking better. Thanks for the clam info. :) I'll be sure to stop by and look at your pics!

• 2 weeks later...

Well my tank is currently annoying the crap out of me!!!

The only thing that seems to be recovering from what ever this is is the frogspawn and the pearl. Zoa's are all good, along with gsp, but the xenia is PISSED. Along with the yumas. The Yumas and the xenia are the only ones I'm afriad might not recover....

I treid the ph thing, but it seems to be reading fine without it. So I'm off to purchase new lights seeing as that is the only thing I can think of. I've been doing water changes so thats not the issue. Hopefully when I get new lights all will even out, and then I can really start adding stuff back into the tank again. I don't want to keep addinng while this is going on..

But yeah. Not very many pics until this thing evens out, cuz everything looks like crap.

But the good thing is the candy cane that fell into the torch(when it was open) is finally puffing back up!

gulfsurfer101

Hey what's up lizzie, looks like you got that ph thing under control now. That wall hammer is freakin sweet. I don't have any room for stuff like frogspawn and torch coral atm but they are some of my favorites. I got my Ap24 thread set up, you should check it out and tell me what you think. It doesn't look anything like my ap12 but it's getting there. ttyl.

Thanks! :) New lights should be here soon.

I lost my torch, and most of the yumas, only one is left. :/ but everything else is alright. That torch was so pretty I'm gonna miss it. But once the new lights get here I can't wait to buy new stuff!

gulfsurfer101

Sorry to hear abpout your torch but glad to hear you got that ph problem taken care of. I keep my tank near an open window along with a fan blowing across the water and I think that does help out a little bit with the ph flucts. I've got some frags that would look sweet in your tank. You know how to find to find me to work soemthing out.

Woo! new lights are here and installed. unfortunately with a new light source my frikin red cyano algae stuff is back with a vengeance. Time to go buy some more of the chem stuff.

Put in chemi pure. where do you guys suggest putting it? right now its right behind the grate intake thing. idk where else to put it. I like keeping the chamber of death empty. :P

So now I'm looking for new stuff to add! I lost my torch, yumas and my watermelon zoa's :( Like my 3 favorite corals. But my hammer candy canes and frogspawn made full recovery, along with superman shrooms. Xenia is not opening all the way, but looking better. I really want to add new corals, my tank is looking so empty.

So anyone looking for trade? Preferably in texas or a surrounding state. Or just anyone selling anything? I have two frags of my avatar zoa's and the teal ones. Soon to come are the orange ones and the creamy tan ones.

Oh and I also need more clan-up crew. I want to get it online, but I have a question about shipping. I want to order about 10 ceriths, 5 hermits, and 3 limpets. The site(Reefcleaners) says that the limpets and hermit shouldn't be shipped priority, only express. Is this a precaution? Or should really spend the 20 extra bucks?

Archived