inTank Media Baskets

Lizzie's RSM

Lizzie1324

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, yeah the reflection makes it look funny

:lol:

I just used your thread to explain to my mom what a monti cap was and that I wanted a purple one like you have. :happy:

Any time some one wants to know what something looks like, I resort to the StevieT Thread of Wonders ;)

haha, I am glad I could help your mother out! My monti caps crow like crazy. If you do get one, just watch out where you put it, plan ahead for growth! they will attack any other SPS near by. I had to move an acro because a cap was starting to turn it's base white from coral warfare.

Thanks a lot phish! I was really excited to get it, it was only $25 for like 9 or 10 heads :lol:

StevieT- Thanks for the info, I never thought a monti cap would sting other corals, but I guess it would just like any other corals :P Yours looks amazing, hopefully I will find one that is just right. B)

Woo! A guy I know who has a Solana just gave me a piece of his Torch coral! It looks amazing, with 2 heads. I know they can have long feeder tentacles, but I'm just going to keep moving it until I can find the prefect spot for it because it looks AMAZING!!!

I'll snap some pics after it gets adjusted!

B):)

AdriftQuasar

I'm not mistaken in thinking that you named your clowns after Harry Potter characters, am I?

Tank looks great, you're off to a good start.

I've had far worse obsessions....

<---recovering drug addict (I will have 18 months clean on September 3rd).

Be proud of that for sure bro... CONGRATS!!!

This tank is lookin' damn good!!! You be proud of that as well!!! :lol:

aawwwww thanks guys :wub:

You have no idea how much it means that you pros out there compliment my tank :)

I got some pics of the torch, but I'll post them tomorrow.

Thanks again! B)

Hey its been 2 days and still no torch pics? Come on now! ;)

LoL I love torches and I bought a large one from someone here on N-R, but 24 hours after I acclimated it, it started losing tentacles and I freaked out and threw it away, I thought it was dying but he said it was normal when stressed.

squirrelieygrrrl

heya lizzie,

sweet new corals. very nice choices. lol, at least you managed to pick a variety of colors unlike my self with my apparent pink addiction :P i love those lettuce nudi's ive been wanting one for some time. lemme know how he does in your system. if he does well, i may consider getting one too. seems like your coral and invert choices seem to influence what i add to mine! thanks for the inspiration hun. i wanna see the new torch!

josh!

omg! you tossed it? silly man. all i have to say there is DOH!

~squirrel

josh!

omg! you tossed it? silly man. all i have to say there is DOH!

~squirrel

Hey, at no point did I say I make the best decisions!! :P

My tank is old so I'm afraid of crashing it because I've heard from a lot of people that once it gets old its more prone to crash for no reason. Although to me "no reason" translates into lack of beneficial bacteria and CUC, which is why I'm about to drop some money on John @ ReefCleaners. So hopefully that will keep it stable.

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, i was just teasin!

i can understand that, after my crash im a little paranoid of it happening again. good luck! hope ya get some good cuc critters.

lizzie!

NEW PICS! :D puhlease?

Haha, sorry guys!

lol, squirrel, it seems like all of my corals end up being either pink or green, it's like this subconscious pull towards those colors. :P

The nudi is doing awesome, but I've only had him for like a week. lol, but he doesn't do much, just sits on the glass and is cute to look at :)

So anyway here are the pictures of my torch, my lps collection is slowly growing....

Peppermint shrimp cleaning my moms finger :)

117.jpg

up close torch

118.jpg

frogspawn, hammer, and torch w a hermit annoying my hammer

119.jpg

frogspawn and torch

120.jpg

the trio again...

121.jpg

clownfish... :)

122.jpg

torch and Phineas

123.jpg

Phineas again...

125.jpg

my favorite picture ever...

126.jpg

FTS

124.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

great update photos!

the one called "my favorite picture ever...." is pretty darn sweet. lol, seems like you really love little phineas there. he/she is indeed super cute. thanks for the update!

take care

~squirrel

Ouch, well I have some bad news. I went in to check on my tank for the night, and Caesar the lettuce nudibranh was sitting on top of my Koralia with the back half of its body missing! :o

Now the lettuce type nudi's aren't toxic, so that was a big relief, and I did some quick research and found that they are very good at regenerating and recovering from injury. I picked him up and placed him on the other side of the tank, and he grabbed onto the wall. WHEW! still alive!

So I'm going to QT the little guy for a while and see how it goes, and if he makes it or if I purchase another one I am going to build some kind of screen around the Koralia so they can't get sucked in. But the nudi site said they were pretty sure it would live b/c another girl with the same scenario said hers made it with some special attention.

URGH! This really sucks. I should have thought about this sooner. 4 months into it and I made a newb mistake -_-

Well I guess you learn from your mistakes....

I used to keep nudi's they are awesome, I had the same problem tho, had to cover intakes with floss and all that jazz, stupid nudi's always get sucked up

squirrelieygrrrl

aw so sorry to hear that lizzie,

i hope he makes it! they make filter cloth that i use on my intakes when i need to scrub the water of crud.

Thanks guys!

Thats actually a great idea about the filter media bag!

Yeah it is more common for them to get sucked up than I thought

But I put him back in the tank this morning and he was on the glass and now he is crawling around on the rocks, so I think he is gonna make it. We are going to buy some mesh fabric or something today, but maybe I could convince my mom to take me buy the lfs for some of those media bags...

She loves the little guy as much as I do and says she wants a bunch when she sets up her tank :lol:

Thanks again for the help!

Archived