Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

LOL! Thanks everyone... Well I just looked at the rics and notices a couple missing... Then I realized the CL intake is right behind it. CRAP! 2 rics were stuck in it... I got them pulled out and they look okay, but now I can't figure out how I had the rock work. Guess I'll play around with it more later... Perhaps replace the strainers with something else down the road.

Once I did the same thing to my rock to get out a apastasia so I just referred to pictures I had taken of the rock and just assembled it that way. It worked out pretty well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Once I did the same thing to my rock to get out a apastasia so I just referred to pictures I had taken of the rock and just assembled it that way. It worked out pretty well.

See! There is a reason you had to take all those pictures! :lol:

tank looks great so far. great thread from start to present. cant wait to see this thing in the next couple months.

adam

couple months, im thinking in a year, it will look great.

Thanks! Sorry to hear about that. :( I wish I knew more about international laws, I would love to make some extra moolah sending out rics...

On my part, I do not mind paying you the moolahs for that superman ric or some decent chic zoas. Seriously, in my country, such stocks are scarce. Even if they do come, the nicest ones are always snatched up by the guy/lady with the 'fattest' wallet or the shiniest card. Total injustice to a peasant reefer like me :(

Anyway Calvin, I seriously do hope you look up the law on US side about shipping corals overseas. As far as I know, my friend who is breeding killies has been exchanging killies' eggs with his overseas counterparts namely, Puerto Rico, Brazil and some part of US without any complicated situations or trouble with the customs. Why cannot corals? <_<

I know, sorry I'm getting sick of the new rules about posting pics... I find myself holding back on my posts until I have a new pic. I don't have any today.

It's your thread. Your rule. :happy:

I am loving this tank,

Marc :D

Hey I just found this thread today, and I went through all 50 pages and this is an amazing build! I can't believe you made it from scratch. When I grow up, I want to have an awesome tank like this.

he hasnt said anything since the 5th....ol cal is up to sumthin....i feel a major picture intense surprise coming up!!! one that will assure all of us what we have been saying for 50 pages....THIS TANK IS SIMPLY AMAZING!!! and never leaves us dissapointed!!!

he hasnt said anything since the 5th....ol cal is up to sumthin....i feel a major picture intense surprise coming up!!! one that will assure all of us what we have been saying for 50 pages....THIS TANK IS SIMPLY AMAZING!!! and never leaves us dissapointed!!!

HA! I'm disappointed that there hasn't been a picture post in over a week! :P

Calvin has done a killer job on making the tank blend in with the room. When I get my own house and am loaded like him, I aspire to do the same! But i'd go for an in-wall with over 200 gallons of madness.

QUESTION!!!!!

WHAT'S COOLER: a cuttlefish tank or a reeftank? (can't do both because the cuttlefish would eat all the fishes and crabs

----

if i was super-loaded i'd have a room with a cuttlefish on one side, a vivarium w/ frogs on another, and a reef on the third wall, and a freshwater on the 4th....oh the fun i would have

Edited by Zatoichi

Nope. A school of 217 neon tetras, saw it myself.

Seriously though how hilarious would it be if Cal just put like 10 mollies in this thing but let the coral rock out?

Bill

Nope. A school of 217 neon tetras, saw it myself.

Seriously though how hilarious would it be if Cal just put like 10 mollies in this thing but let the coral rock out?

Bill

yea that would be cool, but even better would be a 12ft DISCUS planted amazon style tank! That would be teh ultimate. :D:D:D

Man a mantis tank for one of those huge mantis' would be awesome. I saw on natgeo a mantis that was a foot in length it was awesome. I'd love to raise something like that in a tank.

Man a mantis tank for one of those huge mantis' would be awesome. I saw on natgeo a mantis that was a foot in length it was awesome. I'd love to raise something like that in a tank.

Until it escapes from your tank and attacks the little children playing right next to the tank. I think not.

Until it escapes from your tank and attacks the little children playing right next to the tank. I think not.

It's always awesome until a child gets mauled by a giant mantis.