SaltCritters.com

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

Calvin, this setup is SICK.

Almost as awesome as my Eclipse 12 f.w.....uhh...I mean...

No really, it's an inspiration. Wow do I love the internet for stuff like this.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

The pair will cost enough... ;) Test kits are API, cheap, reliable, and easy to read!

Thanks! (:

Wow, I was looking at getting a MP40W for my 2ft, now i'm just gonna stick with the MP20 :P

Same thoughts. haha ;)

get some naked clowns :unsure:

I finally got a pair of naked clowns for my tank. They are awesome.

Calvin: Your picasso clowns you want also look awesome, and will be a great addition to your fantastic tank.

I want one of those vortechs they are great. This hobby never stops Cal there is always something we want or "need"

Yeah, I know... :(

Thanks for showing the Vortech. I was hoping 1 would be powerful enough to make waves in my 6 footer. Perfect!

With those results I would say yes. :D

Wow, I was looking at getting a MP40W for my 2ft, now i'm just gonna stick with the MP20 :P

Well, you could always get the 40 so you don't have to make it work as hard. ;)

That's a testament to how strong the vortechs can be. Wow.

Yeah, I for one am blown away at the power this thing has!

Calvin, this setup is SICK.

Almost as awesome as my Eclipse 12 f.w.....uhh...I mean...

No really, it's an inspiration. Wow do I love the internet for stuff like this.

LOL! Thanks!

yeah i bet once the water gets moving it would create such a nice wave. your corals would love it.

Yeah, the fish were all over the place it was great!!!

get some naked clowns :unsure:

No, they look like little worms to me for some reason...

I finally got a pair of naked clowns for my tank. They are awesome.

Calvin: Your picasso clowns you want also look awesome, and will be a great addition to your fantastic tank.

Thanks! I'm sure the naked clowns look better in person, but the pics just gross me out... Not sure what it is, but it just doesn't look right. ;)

I dont know if this is a problem with the newer vortechs but I know that with the other ones, it got hot enough to craze and mess up the acrylic... I would hate to see that happen on this beautiful tank!

Thanks for the concern, but in all my research, this was a single instance, with a early model, on an under built older tank. I don't want to debate these points, I've seen all of these debates, but IMO these were the factors and if there was an issue with the product, we would be seeing a lot more of these kind of problems. Ecotech sells a lot of these pumps and I think if this were still an issue, we'd see a lot more problems. :D

Edited by calvin415
I'll post more this weekend. The rest of the lights will be in tomorrow, along with my clean up crew. :D

nice, what are you getting for the cleanup crew

Yep that's it. :D Nope no ceriths...

Well my lights came, but they are having the endcaps drop shipped which means who knows when I can expect them! :( I ordered them Monday expecting to have them today. I'm so P!SSED! GRRRRRR

Nah, I just didn't want any clowns in the tank until I saw these guys... no one will be screaming Nemo looking at them! LOL! Still looking for a center piece, but really leaning towards a powder blue tang.

Go with the Powder Blue :) They are so beautiful, my absolute favorite tang. I wish I had a tank big enough for one.....

yeah i was looking at one for my new tank but i think it would get to big for it, considering your tank is very long it would love it, and i dont think it grows as big as some other tangs grow.

I read the tang comment and thought I'd toss an idea out there for you. Genicanthus angels ever cross your mind? Trio of one of those species would be beautiful in this tank. I've got a female swallowtail and absolutely love her. Just a thought. If you should decide to get one or a few make sure to get more than one cleaner shrimp. My female now defends the cleaner shrimp like its an egg. To the point that I'm getting another one to prevent fighting. Very nuts. And it's difficult because the shrimp has no idea he's being horded so he will clean anything that goes by, including me, which inevitable just makes her very angry. Kewl to see but not kewl to catch the nose bump in the knuckle, LOL.

Bill