Coral Vue Hydros

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

YESSSS........MORE PICS!!!

Well I'm running out of things to take pics of... Guess I better find some moolah... :huh:

Nice im liking it a lot

Thanks, long ways to go.

Awesome Calvin!

Thanks!

omg!! had such a crappy day at work, and come home to my usual routine...shoes off..beer craked..laptop open...check calvins progess, and once again never fails to please me!!! great job dude!! congrats on the first coral!!! id be glad to donate a nice lps frag free of charge for that bad boy!!! lemme know! ask atlantisreef, im a good guy like that!!!

ok...heres where evryone says "wheres my freebie?"

then i say "build something close to calvins, and ill think about it!"

:lol:

:lol: Thanks, hope it makes your day a little better... I'm totally game for some frags, just let me know what you're offering. :D Or perhaps we can do some trades, if you're interested in any SPS. :)

Oh, yeah I almost forgot (yeah right) need to post a pic huh? Here's my to be ric garden, there are 22 polyps here, I don't think I got pics of all of them though (sorry)...

DSCN4720.jpg

DSCN4721.jpg

DSCN4718.jpg

DSCN4716.jpg

DSCN4714.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

holy cow 5 PICTURES in one post. you should have spaced it out more, now what are we going to look at.

oh yeah, nice pictures, i like the middle one, really makes the red one pop.

BAN HIM TO THE FUGE------> the sand sifter that isnt doing its job.

TheUnfocusedOne

whered you get all the rics from?

and when did you add that sand sifter!

i think for all our sakes you need to create a constant web cam watching your tank

so what if ur compromising the privacy of your home, itll make the rest of us happy!

youll be like the osborns, or the hogans, only with a really sweet tank

You dazzle us for months with your awesome DIY skills , then you assemble the beginnings of one of the sweetest ric gardens I've seen. Unreal variety of rics Cal, it will be cool to watch them fill in.

Thanks for the pics! B)

Yeah i definitely have to know where you got that speckled ric with the green mouth!!! Your ric garden looks very very good! Now how about that zoa garden?

with such a long tank, you can really isolate each group of corals together. how about an sps garden and a acan garden, and the possibilities are endless. :D

I go out of town for a week & look what you do! PM me what you are putting in there & I'll let you know what I can send you if you are interested. Let's help him fill up this tank. We've gotten more than our money's worth out of this build!

The ric garden looks amazing Cal, where did you get them?

Ebay. :D One of the ebay guys is 45 min away so some of them were hand picked. (The good looking ones :) )

holy cow 5 PICTURES in one post. you should have spaced it out more, now what are we going to look at.

oh yeah, nice pictures, i like the middle one, really makes the red one pop.

BAN HIM TO THE FUGE------> the sand sifter that isnt doing its job.

Yeah, what was I thinking? I'll keep that in mind... He's finally sifting, good thing, I was about to get another fish to do his job.

whered you get all the rics from?

and when did you add that sand sifter!

i think for all our sakes you need to create a constant web cam watching your tank

so what if ur compromising the privacy of your home, itll make the rest of us happy!

youll be like the osborns, or the hogans, only with a really sweet tank

Ebay. :D I added the sand sifter last week. Uhhhh, sorry on the webcam. ;)

You dazzle us for months with your awesome DIY skills , then you assemble the beginnings of one of the sweetest ric gardens I've seen. Unreal variety of rics Cal, it will be cool to watch them fill in.

Thanks for the pics! B)

Thanks! I'll certainly try not to let anyone down and keep everyone guessing! :D

Yeah i definitely have to know where you got that speckled ric with the green mouth!!! Your ric garden looks very very good! Now how about that zoa garden?

It's not available anywhere, I happen to get to look through his entire collection (400+ rics) to find that one. I hope it starts to split in the near future, I'm hoping to start a small ric farm with it.

Awesome ric garden!!

Thanks!

Congrats on getting coral in the tank. Cant wait to see where it goes from here!

Thanks, I'm hoping to work on Acan Island next... Going to take much longer to finish that one though.

with such a long tank, you can really isolate each group of corals together. how about an sps garden and a acan garden, and the possibilities are endless. :D

I don't want too many islands, but there will be a few.

IMO that many gardens looks unnatural.

That ric is still my fav (the superman one) when you got frags, shoot me a pm. Kthxbye

Ditto, some won't work as islands other will, but hopefully I can find the right balance. Yeah, that ric was my fave and a tad pricey, but worth every cent in my opinion. Once I have some extra polyps I'll let some go...

I go out of town for a week & look what you do! PM me what you are putting in there & I'll let you know what I can send you if you are interested. Let's help him fill up this tank. We've gotten more than our money's worth out of this build!

LOL! Well the next task is Acan Island, but right now I'm trying to save my pennies to cover the costs. I have some SPS packs available to try to come up with some money, but I have some other things I need to get done as well. :( Everything will just take time...

Duplicate...

DSCN4716.jpg

Edited by calvin415

You mean like these?

DSCF6976.jpg

I had a lot of these and some with stripes in the centers till I got some micros in that went south & took most of my greens with them. I have 2 heads of one kind & 3 of the other that I am growing out.

DSCF4743.jpg

Let me know when you are ready & we can talk.

Wow! Starting to really come together here Calvin....jealously following along!

Thanks! LOL!

You mean like these?

I had a lot of these and some with stripes in the centers till I got some micros in that went south & took most of my greens with them. I have 2 heads of one kind & 3 of the other that I am growing out.

Let me know when you are ready & we can talk.

Yep. :D LOL! I have some acans lined up here, but not sure colors, or when I'll get over to pick them up...

the rics are BABES!

sadly, my country hardly brings in such lovely specimens ):

Nice catch, Calvin

Marc

Thanks! Sorry to hear about that. :( I wish I knew more about international laws, I would love to make some extra moolah sending out rics...

I know, sorry I'm getting sick of the new rules about posting pics... I find myself holding back on my posts until I have a new pic. I don't have any today.

I know, sorry I'm getting sick of the new rules about posting pics... I find myself holding back on my posts until I have a new pic. I don't have any today.

Your thread, your rules ;)

BTW, tank is looking super! The ric island, is as others have said many times, superb. I have read somewhere that rics were more prone to split when grouped together... so hopefully your collection will encourage lots of splitting.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. ;)

LOL! Thanks everyone... Well I just looked at the rics and notices a couple missing... Then I realized the CL intake is right behind it. CRAP! 2 rics were stuck in it... I got them pulled out and they look okay, but now I can't figure out how I had the rock work. Guess I'll play around with it more later... Perhaps replace the strainers with something else down the road.