• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Sorry I didn't get to post last night, but the bacteria ended up blooming (tank is cloudy), so I guess I added too much sugar. LOL! At least the chromies are still kickin. ;) I tested last night and nitrites were down to about .125 so I bet they are all gone by now. I'll test again when I get home and hopefully that will be the end of the cycle for the tank... I am starting to get a small diatom bloom but the clean up crew will be here Friday. :D I'm going to order my endcaps and standoff either today or tomorrow, so hopefully I'll have the lights all done soon!

lol your clean sandbed made me go down to the beach and get another 4kilos of sand, nice and clean white

and with them came silicates, and with that came a small diatom bloom

damn you calvin, damn you!

hahah

whats your CUC like?

Sorry about that East. ;)

CUC is 50 Nassarius, 25 Astrea Snails, 25 Nerite Snails 2 Mexican Turbos and 2 Emerald Crabs

I also just ordered the rest of my endcaps, standoffs and some more bulbs hopefully everything will be here by Thursday/Friday.

Sorry about that East. ;)

CUC is 50 Nassarius, 25 Astrea Snails, 25 Nerite Snails 2 Mexican Turbos and 2 Emerald Crabs

I also just ordered the rest of my endcaps, standoffs and some more bulbs hopefully everything will be here by Thursday/Friday.

haha, nah it was coming for a while, my sand bed was way too shallow, and its nice and white now no little brown particles in this lot

u didnt get any hermits? how come?

how much did all your lighting cost, btw? excluding the cosmetic parts (the frame, and any covering you plan) just the hardware?

Hermits are mean little buggers and I don't want a tank full of empty shells from them killing off my snails. Plus in the event of a red-bug outbreak with the SPS, I can nuke the tank without worry about loosing my CUC.

Not sure on the lighting, I've been piecing it together for a while now, but I have 3 IceCap 660's w/ harnesses, 12 pairs of endcaps, 12 pairs of standoffs, 12 reflectors, 12 t-5 bulbs and a coil of solid core copper wire for extending the wiring to the end of the tank. The 12 channel connecting bars for the wire connections were I think 12.99 each. I don't know what I've actually spent, I probably don't want to know... The lumber thus far is $50, and I still need to buy the plywood and vinyl.

Are you going to be adding any bristle stars? or shrimp? I've been looking into non-hermit CuC members to help with detrius buildup but am not having a lot of luck. I'm thinking of getting a couple of those mini-brittle stars to help. I'm getting some nasty red slime from all the detrius on the rocks not getting cleaned up.

baller status....

LOL! Thanks!

Congrats on the completion of your cycle. Can't wait for the next step.

Adolfo

Thanks, I can't wait to get started stocking it!

Are you going to be adding any bristle stars? or shrimp? I've been looking into non-hermit CuC members to help with detrius buildup but am not having a lot of luck. I'm thinking of getting a couple of those mini-brittle stars to help. I'm getting some nasty red slime from all the detrius on the rocks not getting cleaned up.

I might add some shrimp down the road, and I'm sure I'll have plenty of mini-bristles but never had any issues with only snails, quite the opposite actually.

Verified the rest of my lighting will be here on Friday, and I am officially on the wait list with ORA (through a LFS) for a pair of Picasso Clowns. ETA is April... :D

picassopercula.jpg

Here's tonights test results:

DSCN4679.jpg

Looks like I'm good to go. :D Just need to get my CUC and lights finished and it will be time to get started!

Hello Calvin,

once again, nice thread and fishes! ORA clowns in my place go for a bomb. How much does these 2 fellas cost you? (:

Anyway, what brand of test kits are these? (:

MJ

well i think you found your center piece fish!!

Nah, I just didn't want any clowns in the tank until I saw these guys... no one will be screaming Nemo looking at them! LOL! Still looking for a center piece, but really leaning towards a powder blue tang.

Now you need a huge carpet anemone!

Nope, no anemone's in this tank...

i would go with a RBTA, the colour in those things are just unreal and pop out.

Nope, going to be way too much stuff to risk it to one of these guys.

WOW! How far you have come in just the few short weeks since I last checked up on you! I love it!

Thanks!

Hello Calvin,

once again, nice thread and fishes! ORA clowns in my place go for a bomb. How much does these 2 fellas cost you? (:

Anyway, what brand of test kits are these? (:

MJ

The pair will cost enough... ;) Test kits are API, cheap, reliable, and easy to read!

they are api

Yep

Dude that pair of clowns is gonna be awesome they will look so good in youre tank but I wouldnt be able to wait til april that for sure

Yeah, I don't think I'll have trouble waiting, it should give me time to find some money... :( Plus time to make sure everything is stable before I put them in.

A friend came over tonight with his vortech, and I now I have to have one of these too! Man, will it ever end!?

th_DSCN4680.jpg