Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

oooh, Looks very nice! Can't wait for sand. B)

Thanks! I now have 90lbs of sand in it, but I want another 30lbs... Pics will follow once I have the other 30 or if I get antsy before I can get the sand. ;)

well in that case, it sucks dont bother with it! heeee jokes it looks awesome, love the little caves and stuff, really natural

whats happening with the white thing in the middle?

god im envious lol that tank would look awesome with a school of chromis or anthias

Thanks, the white thing is now gone, covered with a plug. I'll try to get something in there for a bioload in the next week or two.

He said he was plugging and removing it later.

Looking good Calvin a little sparse in my opinion. Personally I like to see varied levels in aquascaping. Otherwise though it looks really good. I do like the open space you've created towards the end there.

Yep, it's gone. :D Yeah I thought it was a little sparse as well, but I thought about it and I figure most corals I'll pick up will have a base rock to them anyway...

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Very cool! I've been following since the beginning then for the past few months havent been getting email notifications so I thought that you might have taken a break but am glad you didnt!

Calvin, best "nano" build ever.......everyone else, give up and die.

Seriously :mellow:

LOL! Thanks bro!

Very cool! I've been following since the beginning then for the past few months havent been getting email notifications so I thought that you might have taken a break but am glad you didnt!

Thanks for following up then, not sure what's up with the emails stopping...

Well all the dust has settled and this sugar fine aragonite looks incredible!!! With the flow the bottom of the tank looks so real! It even has dunes!!! I can't wait to get the last bag added and post some pics!

sand in it already, Man you work fast. Cant wait to see that. just wondering are the lights almost done?? i know it will even more different once those puppys are on it. the thing looks great.

Edited by Boomboy
Well all the dust has settled and this sugar fine aragonite looks incredible!!! With the flow the bottom of the tank looks so real! It even has dunes!!! I can't wait to get the last bag added and post some pics!

PICS PICS PICS PICS :D!

I can't wait to see it with sand in it :D!!!

ooooooooo!!! sand!!!! another update i can look foward too!!! thanx again for the suspense!! its like waiting for the new season of 24!!! good job brodda!! thanx!! keep it up!!! any thoughts onm livestock yet? going for any type of theme??

sand in it already, Man you work fast. Cant wait to see that. just wondering are the lights almost done?? i know it will even more different once those puppys are on it. the thing looks great.

Not fast enough... Lights are still a light at the end of the tunnel. :( That is the next project just waiting on the time. Perhaps this week.

PICS PICS PICS PICS :D!

I can't wait to see it with sand in it :D!!!

Soon enough, I'll be picking up the last bag of sand tomorrow night (as long as it's not sold out) so you can expect pics on Tuesday if the dust is settled (should be 3 bags were clear in less than 24hrs).

ooooooooo!!! sand!!!! another update i can look foward too!!! thanx again for the suspense!! its like waiting for the new season of 24!!! good job brodda!! thanx!! keep it up!!! any thoughts onm livestock yet? going for any type of theme??

LOL! Livestock is still in the air, I was strongly considering a bunch of cuttles, but seeing all this sand makes me want to go with a bunch of leopard wrasses... I guess only time will tell. I'm hoping to throw in a school of chromis to put some poo in the tank and see how the seeding of the LR goes. I have 1 piece of actual LR, everything else was dry so I need to get that bacteria spread.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, hard to believe so many people are following this. :)

Needreefunds
hard to beleive??? you've started a 12' cult!! :haha:

Yea, plus it's one of the few threads I actually get email notifications for, so I got that goin' for me.....which is nice. :happy:

We love this tank Cal!

Oh, I also updated my sig line with my last tank if anyone didn't already know or make the connection on my last tank.

Thanks for all the feed back guys, I truly appreciate it!!!

you little tease you. ITS AMAZING SAND,

but honestly it doesnt even look like there is water in the tank in that video.

isnt sugar grain simply the best?

ive got some in my tank, though its not as clean as yours (got it from the beach its got some darker pebbles and stuff in, and came with a few baby crabs and bivalves and stuff) but its amazing to make dunes etc with and looks soooo natural

great tank so far:D

tarajean0627

absolutely stunning!!! I just love this tank and if I had the talent/money/room/husband that would allow me to...i would soooo copy this build!!! keep up the fantastic work and I can't wait to see the lights too!

thats cause his water hasnt finished getting wet.

calvin you big tease!!! great to see sand! wow, were getting excited over sand!! :lol:

:happydance:

LOL :P

Su weeet!

Thanks!

Awesome

Seriously cool how those patterns have formed in the sand B)

Thanks, I hope I get there everywhere, I just added the last bag of sand so we'll see how it looks tomorrow...

LOL! Thanks, oh there is definately water in there, I pulled about 2 gallons from my skimmer cup Saturday night from all the sand debris...

isnt sugar grain simply the best?

ive got some in my tank, though its not as clean as yours (got it from the beach its got some darker pebbles and stuff in, and came with a few baby crabs and bivalves and stuff) but its amazing to make dunes etc with and looks soooo natural

great tank so far:D

Yeah, I never knew what I was missing. ;) Thanks!

Looking great :)

Thanks!

absolutely stunning!!! I just love this tank and if I had the talent/money/room/husband that would allow me to...i would soooo copy this build!!! keep up the fantastic work and I can't wait to see the lights too!

LOL! yeah I'm very lucky to have a wife that allows me to do what ever I want when it comes to a tank, she get's into it enough to know the names of everything, but leaves it up to me to decide what to put in it. Still hoping to get started on the canopy in the near future...

omgomgomg SAND!!! omgomgomg

:lol:

thats cause his water hasnt finished getting wet.

calvin you big tease!!! great to see sand! wow, were getting excited over sand!! :lol:

I know, it's sand, you'd think I filled it with Gem Tangs with the excitement level. ;)

If you didn't see the post above, I added 1 more bag of sand tonight giving me 120lbs totals, now I just need the haze to clear... Hopefully it will be enough sand. Thanks for all the support and feedback everyone!

so are you still putting the chromis in to get some bioload in there?

if u do it may help to underskim and just use a bottle of bacteria culture, to give the bacteria more "food" to grow on, should cycle and spread the bacteria faster

anyway keep up wit the updates