• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

This tank is amazing. I don't even know what to say, it's just soo awesome. Fantastic job! I wish I had your tank building skills.

For the aquascape, I would take out the middle island (maybe just leave one small rock), and add a little height and length (but not very much) to the island on the left. I think a long stretch of sand in the middle there would look really awesome. Whatever you do I'm sure it will look amazing. There is no way you could go wrong with this tank! :)

I threw some rock in, but not sure if I'm happy with the rock structure...

DSCN4600.jpg

Wow what a display :bowdown: !

It is going to take some creativity to setup a rock structure for a tank that long. Maybe varying the height of the rocks a little more will help???

Edited by OB1
I like this build and you style!

Thanks!

I feel like a proud relative watching a child grow......

:)

What kind of skimmer?

LOL! Thanks, it's a Reef Octopus DNW 200 Recirculating.

it's just starting...

Yep!

This tank is amazing. I don't even know what to say, it's just soo awesome. Fantastic job! I wish I had your tank building skills.

For the aquascape, I would take out the middle island (maybe just leave one small rock), and add a little height and length (but not very much) to the island on the left. I think a long stretch of sand in the middle there would look really awesome. Whatever you do I'm sure it will look amazing. There is no way you could go wrong with this tank! :)

Thanks, but I can't remove the middle island, all the rock is covering the plumbing from the Closed Loop. I think I'll try to make is smaller, but it has to stay to cover the fittings. :(

JEEBERZ! i missed the pictures! it has rocks!

LOL! Yep! Sand will be next, just have to go buy it.

Oooooh, I like Jaime's idea of larger sand area....now's the time to move rocks and see if you like it.

Sorry... Can't pull the rocks, but I will try to reduce the size.

Wow what a display :bowdown: !

It is going to take some creativity to setup a rock structure for a tank that long. Maybe varying the height of the rocks a little more will help???

Yeah, not sure what else I can do, covering all the plumbing is job #1 and it's tough with the limited width... I don't want the rock work near either viewing panels making everything a tough balancing act.

Rocks! I think you should try to take some outlying rocks and put them above so the islands don't appear so close to each other, or you could have overhangs so the plumbing is still hidden but the aquascaping is more open.

Yeah, not sure what else I can do, covering all the plumbing is job #1 and it's tough with the limited width... I don't want the rock work near either viewing panels making everything a tough balancing act.

I always thought it would be cool to have a little bit of rock just above the surface. The water would be lapping at it. Crabs and snails would crawl over it. Just a crazy idea of mine. :huh:

All this work for some water and rocks, only in this hobby would people get that excited over it. i think it looks like you piled it in there. you might have to do alot of drilling, and custom rockwork to get it looking great. i think you should take the time to do that, as everything else about this tank is a piece of artwork.

This tank is awesome! maybe you should make the middle island the largest and not so compact looking and make to smaller islands at either end. It's gonna look good with corals, either way.

Maybe make the middle and one end kind of connected and a small one on the other end. Jmo, awesome tank!

it looks nice... i think you could use some bigger pieces of LR in there.. but when it fills in it will look fine... looks great though... i would give my left arm for this tank

Thanks, but I can't remove the middle island, all the rock is covering the plumbing from the Closed Loop. I think I'll try to make is smaller, but it has to stay to cover the fittings. :(

Ah, right, forgot about those. I like the idea of making it smaller though, should look great. :)

Looks INCREDIBLE! :D

I wish this was in my house! I like the rock structure, but do agree, maybe the middle island could be a bit smaller, and the front island, maybe make it like a gradual increase in rock up to the back structure?

DSCN4601.jpg

Also, don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but won't the metal clip/tightener/whatever it's called holding the tubing to the skimmer, rust?

Cheers,

OwNeD

DUDE!!! AWESOME!!! i think either way u do the rock, it will look awesome...but im also leaning to a larger swimming area in the middle. maybe something long, almost touching the other islands. you could use small peices so the nozzles just sit at the outer edge of the rocks...since the will eventually be covered in nice coraline. this could make a nice swirling motion for the fishies in the middle! but any way, awesome man! im so excited to finally be seeing this great tank startup!!! :bowdown:

Thanks, but I can't remove the middle island, all the rock is covering the plumbing from the Closed Loop. I think I'll try to make is smaller, but it has to stay to cover the fittings.

i vote to plug up the middle bulkhead and cover it with sand. :D

SWEEEEET!!!

I like the 3 island aquascape, but would maybe pull out a little of the rock to open it up a little more.

I'll see what I can do. Need to go get some epoxy putty and rods to help hold some of the rocks at more crazy shapes first...

Rocks! I think you should try to take some outlying rocks and put them above so the islands don't appear so close to each other, or you could have overhangs so the plumbing is still hidden but the aquascaping is more open.

I'll see what I can do...

i think its good how it is. NOW ADD SAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where did you get your acrylic?

LOL! Soon enough. ;)

Acrylic is from A&C Plastics but it's Plexi-G which you can get from probably any plastic shop.

I always thought it would be cool to have a little bit of rock just above the surface. The water would be lapping at it. Crabs and snails would crawl over it. Just a crazy idea of mine. :huh:

Thought about it, but with this shape, I don't think it would be attractive. :(

All this work for some water and rocks, only in this hobby would people get that excited over it. i think it looks like you piled it in there. you might have to do alot of drilling, and custom rockwork to get it looking great. i think you should take the time to do that, as everything else about this tank is a piece of artwork.

LOL! Tell me about it! Figured someone would tell me to start over. ;)

This tank is awesome! maybe you should make the middle island the largest and not so compact looking and make to smaller islands at either end. It's gonna look good with corals, either way.

Maybe make the middle and one end kind of connected and a small one on the other end. Jmo, awesome tank!

I would if I could, but that's the way it's plumbed, the islands are based on the plumbing layout. I could combine them, but I guess it will depend on how everything flows one I have some rods and putty.

it looks nice... i think you could use some bigger pieces of LR in there.. but when it fills in it will look fine... looks great though... i would give my left arm for this tank

Nah, I wanted smaller pieces to help give the tank a larger feel. Keep you're arm, it's worth a lot more. :D

wow its looking great. the aquascape will blend more after the rocks get some color

Thanks!

HOLY MOTHER!!!!!!!!!! Eric you mad man!!!!!!!

LOL! Been a while bud!

Ah, right, forgot about those. I like the idea of making it smaller though, should look great. :)

Thanks! I'll see what I can do!

Looks INCREDIBLE! :D

I wish this was in my house! I like the rock structure, but do agree, maybe the middle island could be a bit smaller, and the front island, maybe make it like a gradual increase in rock up to the back structure?

Thanks for the thoughts, I'll see what I can do.

Also, don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but won't the metal clip/tightener/whatever it's called holding the tubing to the skimmer, rust?

Cheers,

OwNeD

Only time will tell, it's not in the water but if there is enough mist it might... If there is any indication of rust it will be replace with a plastic clamp. Thanks for the attention to detail!

DUDE!!! AWESOME!!! i think either way u do the rock, it will look awesome...but im also leaning to a larger swimming area in the middle. maybe something long, almost touching the other islands. you could use small peices so the nozzles just sit at the outer edge of the rocks...since the will eventually be covered in nice coraline. this could make a nice swirling motion for the fishies in the middle! but any way, awesome man! im so excited to finally be seeing this great tank startup!!! :bowdown:

I'll see what I can come up with using rods and putty.

That looks STUNNING with the rock in it now!

It won't be long now still you got tangs tearing down the length of the tank at top speed. :lol:

LOL!

i vote to plug up the middle bulkhead and cover it with sand. :D

LOL! Sorry, I think I really need the flow.

motherofgod.jpg

ROTFLMAO!!! Shenanigans!!!! LOL!