• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

AcroporaLokani

So when do the fish come? That tank is NICE.

You should get a school of powder blue tangs.

Like this,

1100006863.jpg

blue_powder_tank.jpg

Edited by AcroporaLokani
So when do the fish come? That tank is NICE.

You should get a school of powder blue tangs.

Thanks, fish will come eventually... Tank is way too small for most tangs, let alone a school of tangs. I will probably try to get a small tang for the tank, perhaps 1 PB. :D

it has been awhile! this thing is amazing!!!!.... the whole room! We gotta link up one of these days!

Give me a call, my number hasn't changed... :D

Hey, Tank looks great with the school of tangs Cal.....Is that you in the back there? :rolleyes:

OK, seriously tho, it really looks sweet.

LOL! Thanks!

i need to get in on this

You're in

Huh Huh, I said urine.

- Butthead :D

Edited by calvin415
I would if I could, but that's the way it's plumbed, the islands are based on the plumbing layout. I could combine them, but I guess it will depend on how everything flows one I have some rods and putty.

It's gonna look great no matter what. There are so many options with this that is a given. Have fun scaping.

looks great! I would vary the height of the rockwork more, like have some parts really shallow (only 1 rock tall) and then maybe one part on the end going all the way to the waterline almost. Or make the entire rockscape only 1 layer tall. That would go great with the ultra long panoramic style tank -kinda like danskim's tank:

262846478_BVUqW-XL.jpg

Hello Calvin415.

Your tank build is the coolest build I have ever seen.

Just want to wish you and all forum users a happy new year.

I can't wait to see the rest of the build.

Christer

Kongsvinger, Norway

Hello Calvin415.

Christer

Kongsvinger, Norway

AWESOME TANK! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

finally come online after a week in Goa without internet and this is so worth the price of the internet cafe!!

looks amazing, what sand you gna get?

ARHHH im jelous ^_^

peacee

This tank is going to be the absolute best (well ... it already is ... :happy: )

Seriously it is amazing!!! ... I have been folloWing it since you started this tank ... I am so impressed with what you have done with it!!! :bowdown:

I like the multiple island scaping personally ... maybe shelve like structures on the ends then a couple islands in the middle ... I am sure you will design it perfectly. :D

Congratz on the build!!!

Now let's see some fishies and corals!

-David

It's gonna look great no matter what. There are so many options with this that is a given. Have fun scaping.

Thanks, I'm having a hard time right now drilling without the rock breaking, so the next few days should be interesting...

looks great! I would vary the height of the rockwork more, like have some parts really shallow (only 1 rock tall) and then maybe one part on the end going all the way to the waterline almost. Or make the entire rockscape only 1 layer tall. That would go great with the ultra long panoramic style tank -kinda like danskim's tank:

262846478_BVUqW-XL.jpg

I don't want to go to the water line, but I do want to lower the rock work height...

Hello Calvin415.

Christer

Kongsvinger, Norway

Christer, first WELCOME to Nano-Reef! Thank you very much for the compliment!!! I hope I don't disappoint you. ;)

AWESOME TANK! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

finally come online after a week in Goa without internet and this is so worth the price of the internet cafe!!

looks amazing, what sand you gna get?

ARHHH im jelous ^_^

peacee

LOL! Thanks! I'm tossing up the idea of getting some southdown...

This tank is going to be the absolute best (well ... it already is ... :happy: )

Seriously it is amazing!!! ... I have been folloWing it since you started this tank ... I am so impressed with what you have done with it!!! :bowdown:

I like the multiple island scaping personally ... maybe shelve like structures on the ends then a couple islands in the middle ... I am sure you will design it perfectly. :D

Congratz on the build!!!

Now let's see some fishies and corals!

-David

Thanks David! I'm hoping I can get the rock work going by this weekend. No ETA on fish or coral though. :( Of course I still have my lights to figure out. :D

looks great cal! can't wait to see everything filled in.

Thanks, me either. ;)

I am in awe of your talent and what you have put together here Calvin. I like the single layer rock look with lots of sand and sand dwelling inhabitants like corals, clams, crabs etc. It would be like snorkeling over a shallow reef before it drops off into deeper water. I'm sure that whatever you decide to do it will be an awesome, interesting setup.

Thanks, I'm having a hard time right now drilling without the rock breaking, so the next few days should be interesting...

im thinking about using hydraulic cement to glue the rocks together with sand pushed on top.

Edited by reefone

I think the scaping would look amazing with a nice open bare look towards the middle (I know you have fittings to hide, so possibly hide it with minimal rock). from there you would have your left and right sides, a nice open middle to have short grassy plants.

oh boy I wish I had your tank to play around with, i bet its super fun!

Thanks for all the posts everyone, I pulled out about 1/3 of the rock (50lbs) and used some acrylic pegs with matching holes drilled... The lone drain strainer will be pluged and removed so please ignore that. Let me know what you think... Actually at this point I guess I don't really care what anyone thinks, this is at thinned out as I willing to do, and might add some back in depending how it looks with sand. ;)

th_DSCN4614.jpg

Edited by calvin415
Thanks for all the posts everyone, I pulled out about 1/3 of the rock (50lbs) and used some acrylic pegs with matching holes drilled... The lone drain strainer will be pluged and removed so please ignore that. Let me know what you think... Actually at this point I guess I don't really care what anyone thinks, this is at thinned out as I willing to do, and might add some back in depending how it looks with sand. ;)

th_DSCN4614.jpg

well in that case, it sucks dont bother with it! heeee jokes it looks awesome, love the little caves and stuff, really natural

whats happening with the white thing in the middle?

god im envious lol that tank would look awesome with a school of chromis or anthias

well in that case, it sucks dont bother with it! heeee jokes it looks awesome, love the little caves and stuff, really natural

whats happening with the white thing in the middle?

god im envious lol that tank would look awesome with a school of chromis or anthias

He said he was plugging and removing it later.

Looking good Calvin a little sparse in my opinion. Personally I like to see varied levels in aquascaping. Otherwise though it looks really good. I do like the open space you've created towards the end there.