Innovative Marine Aquariums

Calvin415's LED lit 12 footer

calvin415

It might be evaporating faster than that drip!

LOL! I thought about that. ;)

do ittttt

btw any idea on the aquascape for it? One or two large rock formations? Bunch of islands?

Most of the rock work is Fiji and will held together with rods and epoxy making up 3 islands (all different sizes) leaving lots of open sand area for clams. All the plumbing will be covered (or a much as possible) with the rock work.

I think it would look great with a bunch of smaller islands hiding the CL system as well as a large overhang or something towards the end with the overflow. A nice open sand bed towards the end with the return or something would look nice as well.

That's the goal, I hope I don't disappoint. :D

So, you may have listed it somewhere but the thread is huge now. If I'm doing my math right, it's about 155 gallons, correct?

It's about 136 gallons (inside dimensions, acrylic is 1/2") plus the sump volume.

A wavebox would be pretty insane on this size aquarium.

I wasn't able to read the whole thread, but are you putting in some SCWD/wave makers. I think having SCWD's on your returns would give some really nice currents since you have a lot of outputs. Maybe create half the tank with hectic current while the other is constant.

Thanks, I only have 1 return so a SCWD or wave maker wouldn't accomplish anything. All the outputs are from the closed loop (run by a Dart 3600 GPH).

nice..

Thanks!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• calvin415

• jerzsky

• Boomboy

• lakshwadeep

Yeah, I used to be like that... But when a tank start leaking, you learn to be patient. :D Not to mention, after all the different tanks I've done, I always seem to enjoy the build process even more so it's nice to have a project last as long as this one has.

It's funny how I enjoy the "potential" a tank has, as much as making that "potential" actually happen.

Edited by calvin415
Thanks. I plugged your dimensions into an aquarium calculator.

Which is usually very close. But with 1/2" material is makes a difference when you drop 1" from all the dimension, and that would be if the water level was all the way to the top of the tank, which it's not.

Which is usually very close. But with 1/2" material is makes a difference when you drop 1" from all the dimension, and that would be if the water level was all the way to the top of the tank, which it's not.

Right. That's why I asked because I only had your external dimensions. ;)

Thanks bud! You actually have a "living room" in a 500 sqft apartment? ;)

I call it the living room, it's the main room of the apartment. It's pretty much all aquarium, couch, and tv; which is all I need in there. It's actually around 625 sq ft, still small enough to flood the whole place if my tank ever cracks.

floor plan: http://www.tributeproperties.com/images/FloorPlans/2.jpg

Progress is looking good. Looks like you can just keep that RO unit running as evap makeup once you've got the salt mixed in there.

WATER!!!!

th_CIMG1503.jpg

BTW, please mind the furniture, it's the crap I had in the office which is now another bedroom and will be thrown out as soon as we can get it replaced.

WATER!!!!

th_CIMG1503.jpg

BTW, please mind the furniture, it's the crap I had in the office which is now another bedroom and will be thrown out as soon as we can get it replaced.

HOLY MOLY!!!!! That looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!... :haha::bowdown:

very sweet!!! nice to see ya finally got her filled n runnin! everything looks so perfect! i just cant get over it! even your filtration system looks so damn perfect! patience has really paid off for u my friend! and i would go with the vortech, one its just awesome, and two you dont want to add a big wave box to ur beautiful display, at least with the vortech you could place it on either end and barely notice it. great job!!!

when i go out to visit my mom in colorado springs and also to do some snow boarding late jan and feb and march, can i come see this thing, that thing is freakin sweet

wow that is trully amazing first time i saw this thread i couldnt wait for water now its all full. just cant imagine you stocking the whole thing. what type of lighting are you going to use. dont member reading about it or dont member period.

I can't say enough good things about this tank. It's BY FAR the coolest, most thought out, unique build I've seen. It's just incredible Calvin, seriously...

I can't wait to see this thing in 6 months!!

I doubt anyone was paying attention to the furniture. Simply amazing.

LOL! You know if I didn't say something, someone else would have. ;)

Thanks!

HOLY MOLY!!!!! That looks SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!... :haha::bowdown:

LOL! Thanks!

very sweet!!! nice to see ya finally got her filled n runnin! everything looks so perfect! i just cant get over it! even your filtration system looks so damn perfect! patience has really paid off for u my friend! and i would go with the vortech, one its just awesome, and two you dont want to add a big wave box to ur beautiful display, at least with the vortech you could place it on either end and barely notice it. great job!!!

Thanks! I'm leaning towards the vortech, but will probably try them both out. With the wider chase I could probably still get away with a box.

NICE B)

Thanks bud!

I'm so jealous.

Please don't be...

when i go out to visit my mom in colorado springs and also to do some snow boarding late jan and feb and march, can i come see this thing, that thing is freakin sweet

It's possible...

Awesome everything looks great!

Thanks!

Wow!

I can't believe how quiet it all is too. Great job! Now let the cycling begin!

Thanks, I still need to try to quiet the overflow (need to raise the durso) by raising the water level so there is less crashing.

dude amazing tank i like it alot.

Thanks!

Very nice! It has become a ritual to check this thread every day for water, now its here! I can die happy :D lol

LOL!

wow that is trully amazing first time i saw this thread i couldnt wait for water now its all full. just cant imagine you stocking the whole thing. what type of lighting are you going to use. dont member reading about it or dont member period.

Thanks! Yeah I still have so many stocking ideas, but don't know what it will look like until it's there. Lights will by 4 bulbs wide T-5's.

this really has been a fun build to watch.

Thanks!

I can't say enough good things about this tank. It's BY FAR the coolest, most thought out, unique build I've seen. It's just incredible Calvin, seriously...

I can't wait to see this thing in 6 months!!

Thanks Glenn!

I threw some rock in, but not sure if I'm happy with the rock structure...

DSCN4599.jpg

DSCN4600.jpg

DSCN4606.jpg

DSCN4607.jpg

Skimmer is like MILK!!!

DSCN4601.jpg