Cultivated Reef

ѕqυιяяεł'ѕ 10 gαł αgα

squirrelieygrrrl

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

nifty shots of a hitchhiker turnicate

edit: damn dialup takes forever to load pics....

edit x's 2: not a sea squirt.

post-32605-1219280496_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1219280734_thumb.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

i think its a type of sea squirt.

and YES! you are impatient.

edit: its mostly clear, except for the top siphon actually has a neon green ring around it. i couldnt seem to capture it with my camera tho, you can kind of see it in the first and second pics.

squirrelieygrrrl

thanks ian,

ive been wanting to take some shots of it to share with you all. thanks for checkin it out! its pretty darn nifty if you ask me.

Very interesting, maybe shoot a pm to John Mahloney, he is pretty good with identifying inverts. I'll be back later, time to frag some Zoas!

ahhhhh thanks! lol, i guess i gotta change the title now.

You don't have to change it since sea squirts are another name for tunicates.

oh. lol, ok then. i guess i have been corrected, again! :P neat picture tho huh?

Yes! Especially since they are chordates and more closely related to humans (and fish) than sponges or corals.

Sea Squirt, Tunicate, Turnip, whatever, lol, when you said you were first taking pictures I thought you were talking about a Sea Apple and I was like "WTF crazy!"

-LuLz- :happy:

Hey where is the Nepthea shot? FTS?

Oh serious question here, what happened to your Mojano Anemone? Is it still in your tank? GIMME THE DOWLOWN! :lol:

squirrelieygrrrl

first! you tell me the definition for DOWLOWN!

lol, josh for some reason your always one step ahead of me! right as my pics are uploading to my pc, you pop in and ask! from this moment on i officially dub you mr. impatient, your poor wife. :lol:

ill do the nepth shots tomorrow, cuz my lights just shut off as i was snapping an fts, trying to take a shot of that nepth in the actinics where its placed is near impossible.

the majano is still there, and has not moved or budded off another. ive got it in a place where i can keep an eye on it tho.

now for the fts. not many changes tho, just a little rearranging of the upper rocks to accommodate the new zoas, the hitchhiker psammocora is still the same way it was when i posted that last pic of it. i dunno if its doin ok, or not so much. theres not alot of info out there on that species.

post-32605-1219377623_thumb.jpg

Archived