SaltCritters.com

ѕqυιяяεł'ѕ 10 gαł αgα

squirrelieygrrrl

Zoanthids are sooo freaking hard to ID, even the popular ones like Satan's Breath, Heaven's Gate, have different morphs and can look different. Best place to start looking is ZoaID aka CoralPedia, I'll check it out tomorrow sometime since tomorrow is my lazy day! Coral/Pic war is on, and I'm winning! Err, wait, whats the point system again? LoL.

As for the bubble, are you talking about the pinkish/red coralline algae growing on the base?

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

thanks josh,

i actually have gotten an id on all the other zoas from coralpedia except for that odd shaped green one in the third pic. im not so hip to all of the fancy names with zoas any how. mostly i was wondering if that green one is really a zoa at all.... curious because the tentacles are shaped so oddly. its not any where on coralpedia as far as i could tell.

about the bubble, it is that redish stuff on the base. but in the daylight it is dayglo orange, and kind of slimy....

and we shall see about the coral/pic war on monday when i have some time to take some killer shots! point system? who needs point systems!? hah!

I use cyclops and rotifers for my zoas and bigger, meatier pieces like mysis or enriched brine to feed my palys and mushrooms. I hear a lot of people using CoralFrenzy but I can't vouch for that. I'm really tempted to try it though.

Start feeding those zoas so you can frag some for me! :P

squirrelieygrrrl
Wow, those are some great pics! My macros suck in comparison, lol!

hey thanks Matt,

lol, im just using a crappy nikon cool pix camera. my trick is to not hold the camera. lol, nuffin fancy here! :P

I use cyclops and rotifers for my zoas and bigger, meatier pieces like mysis or enriched brine to feed my palys and mushrooms. I hear a lot of people using CoralFrenzy but I can't vouch for that. I'm really tempted to try it though.

Start feeding those zoas so you can frag some for me! :P

thanks for the feeding tip. this is my first time with such teeny little zoas, so i wasnt sure if they would accept cyclops.

lol, i get the hint! :P

ps: i still havnt figured out how to put two quotes into one reply.....computers just arent my thing.... sorry for the multiple posts.... lmao nvm......i just figured it out.... :shakeshead:

My problem is that my Canon S1 IS camera has MORE features than any camera did when it came out 3 years ago, but oddly enough it lacks a macro mode. :(

squirrelieygrrrl

aw you guys!

thanks so much! thats really sweet! things got a little busy 'round here, so i wasnt able to stop by. now i have a little bit of time, before i get busy again. so i thought id update! heres some new pics, ill take a fts later on tonight once the sun goes down. but for now heres what ive got!

post-32605-1218833377_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1218833642_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1218833710_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1218833810_thumb.jpg

squirrelieygrrrl

more shots. a better one of the bubble, a nice macro of one of the yumas, and the last one is the mystery sps! if any one can id it id love to know what it is and how to keep it alive! thanks so much.

post-32605-1218834968_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1218835024_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1218835086_thumb.jpg

It's about time ya got back! We all missed you, and my thread's postcount is suffering because of it. :P

That bubble looks awesome and makes me realize I need a bigger tank :o

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, thanks josh!

im gonna read up on your tank thread as soon as my little uns go down for the night.

the bubble turned out to be much larger than i had anticipated, it takes up the whole left back corner....yikes.

you need a bigger tank!? hah! yours is more than three times the size of mine......

ive been looking into getting one of those ecocubes from the drs, but i plan to mod it.......mwahahahaahahahaaaaaheh...*hack*...eh heh...hmmm...

im glad to be back! thanks for the wb! i missed you all too.

~squirrel

Awesome FTS, but I have one BIG problem with your tank!

ALL of your corals are either a shade of pink or brown! :lol:

You need to diversify and get some greens, blues, oranges in there! Looks like I can't trade ya those pink mushrooms now huh? LoL

They are looking great and all attached, fully-healed and happy, so after I get some more shipping supplies I'll send some your way if ya want.

squirrelieygrrrl

fank ye, fank ye. it means alot comin from you both! :bowdown:

yea, i know. today i was looking at it, and i realized the same thing. i guess thats the girl in me liking pink! as for the brown...we wont discuss that. :P

yup im still down for the trade. ive got two yumas with your name on em! there lookin great, and im comfortable to ship em now. just lemme know.

Your tank is so nice! Have you had growth with your monti's on the back wall? I thought about doing that because I don't really have a place for them on my rockwork.

Archived