SaltCritters.com

ѕqυιяяεł'ѕ 10 gαł αgα

squirrelieygrrrl

squirrelieygrrrl
Hey what ever happened to your Nepthea? Is it still making a recovery??

its still alive....ish....but it looks like hell. ill take a picture of it later today for ya. i dunno if its gonna pull through or not.

Your tank is so nice! Have you had growth with your monti's on the back wall? I thought about doing that because I don't really have a place for them on my rockwork.

thanks kimberly,

ive had some growth, mostly forward, so far they havnt actually started growing on the glass its self. its a great idea, however its a total pita to do. basically i had to break the frags so that they had a flat side on them. then i had to scratch the glass with a piece of rubble to make the glue stick. then i put a ton of glue on the frag to make like a flat base on the back, pressed it to the glass. let the glue harden, and then i was able to actually attach them to the glass. lol, it took be about a week of fidgeting before i finally got it. hope that helps!

~squirrel

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahh! awesome FTS, and don't worry about the pink, mine is all pink and green lol. I was like..I need something blue!

:)

but I have yet to find it.

That pearl is really cool, and those yumas are still gorgeous...unfortunately the only thing i have to trade at the current moment is....brown!!

lol well it's is actually those brown zoa's with the orange mouth and a dark greenish center.

But yeah, your tank is looking sweet! really filling in nicely. I might have to set up and 10 gallon now...

:lol:

squirrelieygrrrl

thanks sweetie,

i really appreciate it. lol, soon after i do some trading, and get another nepthea. ill have a little more color. i dont know why i went all pink crazy....lol. that bubble is not a pearl, closely related tho. i belive that the common name is simply a bubble coral. dont worry bout the trade, ill make sure to save ya one. scouts honor. lol, ive got plenty. thanks for all the kind words. lol, seems like were trading inspiration these days. :P

lol, haha my bad. that is just a bubble :P

I get so used to calling mine a pearl I just let it slip.

Im counting on those yumas after i get some new stuff. ;) and how do you ship corals? im assuming in the heat you would put in a cooling pack, but I'm kinda clueless on everything else..have any tips?

squirrelieygrrrl

hiya lizzie,

josh aka ddr_phish, would be a good person to ask. he's done quite alot of shipping. ive recieved shipped corals, but never sent them my self. dosnt seem that complicated tho. triple bag the critters, if there fragile rubber band them upside down to a piece of Styrofoam. pack the cooler with packing peanuts (the non biodegradable kind) so that the bags dont move around. if its hot out, add a cool pack, if its cold add some of those hand warmer thingys. make sure you tape the cooler, toss it in a box and send er off. hth

squirrelieygrrrl

thanks for the compliment!

for a 20g i would say it wouldnt be enough. its great on my ten, but i have to be super diligent on how clean i keep it.

i think it is rated for 80gph....

Mynameskenny19

can i put a bigger impeller on the water pump in it to make it pump more water?

and youre welcome. you complimented my tank, i do the same.

squirrelieygrrrl

hm,

now that i dont know. the housing that the impeller fits in is a pretty snug fit. i wouldnt use it if it were me. the hot magnum canisters are rated for a 40, and there larger. ive never used one so i dont know how good they are. just an idea. hth

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, they look kind of ######ty in the catalogs. tom makes a larger version of the mini with a sump and surface skimmer. im not sure how big it really is tho.

this is a shot of what i lovingly call the harbinger of death.

Whoa, crazy looking!!

Hey, does your Toms ever make weird noises? Mine was briefly this weekend, and it seemed to be originating from the flow meter area which isn't a surprise... :rolleyes:

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, thanks, the pic isnt the greatest cuz it was taken at night.

weird noieses how? gurgling? mine makes gurgling noises when theres a little air trapped inside. if thats what your talkin about i leave mine running and then tilt back and forth it while its still attached to the tank to let the air out of it. btw matt, i was able to mod that flow meter some. i took out that silly red magnet thing, and then i cut off those little crossmember baffle thingys. i seem to get a lot better flow out of it now. hth!

Yeah, gurgling was pretty much what I was hearing. It's since gone away though, but I'll definitely mod the flow meter on mine next time I shut it down to change the media in it. I gotta find somewhere local to get it from too, I'm gonna hate having to order online from DRFS everytime I need some, lol.

squirrelieygrrrl
Yeah, gurgling was pretty much what I was hearing. It's since gone away though, but I'll definitely mod the flow meter on mine next time I shut it down to change the media in it. I gotta find somewhere local to get it from too, I'm gonna hate having to order online from DRFS everytime I need some, lol.

i have the same problem! no one seems to carry chemipure elite... kind of a pita for me too.

be really carefull when you remove those crossmembers from the clear flow meter. if for some reason you break it you will have no way to put it back together. that clear plastic is really brittle. i basically sawed mine off with a serrated kitchen knife.

Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up! :)

Chemi-Pure (Elite) is at almost every LFS around here, I don't have trouble with that one. But more specialty stuff like Toms products, only online vendors seem to carry them.

squirrelieygrrrl
Ahh ok, thanks for the heads up! :)

Chemi-Pure (Elite) is at almost every LFS around here, I don't have trouble with that one. But more specialty stuff like Toms products, only online vendors seem to carry them.

ah i see! lol, its slim pickins 'round these parts. tom products are unheard of! :P

squirrelieygrrrl

yes.

go back and look at that thread again. geez.

edit: im a moron and take things waaay to seriously.

RayWhisperer
yes.

go back and look at that thread again. geez.

:lol: You sure are paranoid!

I was going to let you go on thinking CM would get angry. The fact of the matter is, he'd probably like the compliment.

A lesson hard learned for ya... If I type something that sounds too outragous to be true. It's more than likely me just messing around. You'll know when I'm serious. ;)

Archived