Innovative Marine Aquariums

ѕqυιяяεł'ѕ 10 gαł αgα

squirrelieygrrrl

squirrelieygrrrl

yea thanks lizzie,

lol, its cool. i guess its a total score. i was pricing similar yumas on their divers den page, and ones with 4 polyps go for $130 and there only about 3in in size. so im willing to bank that this piece is far more valuable. if you want just go to liveaquaria.com and go to corals, then musrooms, and its there. they call it an orange spotted flower ricordea. now i just have to figure out where to put this one, after it settles in.

liveaquaria has amazing customer service, and they are always willing to resolve issues like this. i have had a few damaged things arrive and they have always sent me out a new one, with no shipping charges. or refunded my money immediately. no questions asked! so im also sure that it will be resolved, and probably in a timely fashion.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

lol, i think im planning on keeping most of it. however if it does survive and starts looking good. in a month or so, i might break it up a bit. imo, its a little large for my tiny 10 gal. so you and lizzie are on the top of my list! i think its pretty too, but lol, it wasnt what i ordered....and lol, i guess im just picky.

Woohoo! I love ricordea lol! Right now I only have 3 (Teeny, Tiny and Microscopic!), the largest one is the size of a dime :(

squirrelieygrrrl

if you feed them.....they will grow...... (field of dreams rip off)

lol, id love to do a trade for some of those purdy zoas youve got. :P

It's true, if you feed rics, they WILL grow! I've had some before that I'd feed WHOLE frozen mysis shrimp!

squirrelieygrrrl

heya phixion,

if you go back a page i had a slight order dilema.....lemme know what cha think.

if you feed them.....they will grow...... (field of dreams rip off)

lol, id love to do a trade for some of those purdy zoas youve got. :P

I guess I could try and feed the large one, but the other two are out of the question on feeding. Largest is dime-size, next is pea size, and smallest a tiny bigger than a pin head.

And I got some BEAUTIFUL zoas in my frag tank with your name on it, just give em a while to start growin a bit!

wow now that is small.

the trade sounds good! done and done.

Great I'll let you know when all are looking good. And in other news, I'm hijacking your thread, to tell you... that... I have new pics on my thread :D

better yuma shot. nuff said.

Damn thats a lotta yumas on there, can't believe they are just gonna let you keep that :o

Lucky lucky lucky!

squirrelieygrrrl

yea theres tons! ive counted about 25 full grown ones, and 10 or more babies. the other side of that rock is covered too. lucky is the perfect word!

with the money they refunded me i ordered a really pretty pink bubble coral, and some assorted colored zoas. there coming tomorrow so ill update once they've settled in.

Ya better post some pictures when you get them, what type of Zoas did ya order? Careful on those bubble corals, they can get HUGE with regular feedings, LFS has one bigger than a football (fullsize football). I found a gem-of-a-little store nearby to me, only sells saltwater corals and fish, owned by an asian family that has the best corals, fish, tanks I have ever seen and great prices and beautiful livestock. So I expect to be broke again by Sunday and have some more pics up lol.

squirrelieygrrrl

lol, that sounds all to familiar (about being broke that is). i have spent a bunch of money while my hubby is away, i hope he dosnt sh*t a brick when he comes home... .:P the bubble i ordered is a pretty decent size for my tank, at 3 1/2 in across. manageable, plus if it gets too big then thats just an excuse to frag. my lfs has one in their main display that is probably 3ft tall, and at least 2 ft across.it takes up an entire side of that tank. HUGE! the zoas are really pretty (wysiwyg) some orange skirts with blue/green centers, some really green skirts with blue centers, and some that kind of looked like fire and ice. there were about 4 or 5 different color variations on the rock. so hopefully there gonna be sweet! if not im done with liveaquaria. the real gem should be the bubble though, its like almost neon pink ($100 yikes).

of course im gonna post pics! not only do i post to share with you all, but my family lives out of state. so its a way for me to show them my labor of love. besides my kid that is. :D

cant wait to see your new additions. ill be gone for the weekend, so ill make sure to check it out once im back.

nice shots...

speaking of shrooms I have 2 lavender mushrooms that are huge, but I want them to grow and split, I don't want to cut.

if I feed them mysis will they grow/split?

click the link in my signature to see the pics, on the second page of the thread, comments please.

~ian

they are lavender mushrooms, they are huge, I took the pic right after I bought them on tuesday. they are adjusting to my water and flow perfectly. today when I got home from work they were spilling on to the sand and almost covering a neighboring rock... I'll to get an updated pic for ya, they do have mouths well at least the one on the right does. I'll bust out the turkey baster tomorrow and start feeding them before bed. btw I picked up those shrooms for 35 bucks I think thats a pretty good deal when you shop around it seems like a lot of sites like to rape people on hairy and lavender shrooms

thanks for the comment

~Ian

squirrelieygrrrl

no prob!

dont forget to turn off your pumps when you feed. that sounds like a sweet deal to me! if you read back a little, those yumas i got for free! believe it or not! for me its actually cheaper to just buy online, because the gas to drive up there is the same as shipping costs. i do agree though that online prices are outrageous. i actually just feed mine by hand, i take the soaked pellets and drop them as close to the mouth as i possibly can. they pretty much fold up around the food and eat it. the neat thing is how big they swell up when they have food in their bellies! i would have to say thats my favorite part.

squirrelieygrrrl

lmao,

i knew you were gonna give me some cr@p for that. i just got my little un down to bed. soon come. patience young padwon. :owned:

edit: plus there still a little poed from the shipping. the bubble got kind of banged up in the bag. so i was trying to wait as long as i could before posting some new shots. lol, but i guess poed shots are better than no shots. :P

squirrelieygrrrl

new stuff. i got a pretty big rock with some awfully pretty zoas on it, on the zoa rock i think i might have gotten some sort of encrusting sps, although it has yet to show any polyps so it could just be a skeleton. a pretty pink bubble, with some kind of orange encrusting thing on it, a possible sponge? im not sure. the bubble also came with a limpet! cool little hitchhiker. ill snap some shots later of him. the bubble also came with what i think might be the dreaded majano....eeeek! shots later of that too. another curious thing that came off of the bubble were a bunch of quite fast moving eeney weeny little snails. they disappeared so fast into my rock work, lets hope that they arent bad....... now for the pics! there not the greatest, and the corals are still a little poed. so tomorrow morning ill try to take some better ones before i leave for the weekend. also no fts till i get things situated... i know im such a tease! :P

post-32605-1217649556_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1217649662_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1217649728_thumb.jpg

post-32605-1217649947_thumb.jpg

new stuff. i got a pretty big rock with some awfully pretty zoas on it, on the zoa rock i think i might have gotten some sort of encrusting sps, although it has yet to show any polyps so it could just be a skeleton. a pretty pink bubble, with some kind of orange encrusting thing on it, a possible sponge? im not sure. the bubble also came with a limpet! cool little hitchhiker. ill snap some shots later of him. the bubble also came with what i think might be the dreaded majano....eeeek! shots later of that too. another curious thing that came off of the bubble were a bunch of quite fast moving eeney weeny little snails. they disappeared so fast into my rock work, lets hope that they arent bad....... now for the pics! there not the greatest, and the corals are still a little poed. so tomorrow morning ill try to take some better ones before i leave for the weekend. also no fts till i get things situated... i know im such a tease! :P

Daaammmnnn those are some beautiful Zoanthids! You scored big time, free yumas, limpet, some sort of sps! Oh well, I'll get back and score BIGGER after I visit my "hidden" fish store in houston lol. Ya better start gutloading those Yumas and Zoas :D

squirrelieygrrrl

lol. no kidding! so these zoas are pretty tiny, smaller than an eraser head.... any suggestions on how and what to feed em? cyclops perhaps? also are you hip to all the trendy names for the zoas? any ideas on an id for the zoas, particlualrily the green one in the third pic? what about that orange stuff on the bubble? lol, i know im chock full of questions with the new additions.

lol, i think we have a coral/pic war going on! :P

Archived