Coral Vue Hydros

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

ok I'm not in the club just yet, but will be within 2-3 months (gotta cylce the picotope (build thread in my sig). Cycling begins tomorrow, and I was curious, breeding them. No doubt it will happen where I get eggs, how would I raise them? I have seen people with 2.5 gallon tanks, air stones, and heaters, but I want an official way to do it so I can have it set up under my tank when the time comes. (the stand is able to support 2 tanks and the bottom one will be my grow out tank). Thanks for the info and the early entry to the club. My picotope is only sexy shrimp and corals when I get it fully cycled and life added

omgomgomg

but i don't even have rocks yet. :(

:(

Wonder if you could order them at this price while you're away, and set up a temp quarantine tank for them as soon as you get back..... Or put them in a breeder net in your 30gal?

Photography wise. :) Don't be naughty.

Lol... Canon Digital Rebel XT w/Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro lens for the majority of the shots.

Wonder if you could order them at this price while you're away, and set up a temp quarantine tank for them as soon as you get back..... Or put them in a breeder net in your 30gal?

Lol... Canon Digital Rebel XT w/Canon 100mm f2.8 USM macro lens for the majority of the shots.

I started off with an XT. I've had my 20D for a little over 2 years already. I was going to upgrade to the 50D, but I'll probably wait one more year as I predict it's replacement will have Video as well.

For most of my aquarium shots, I also use the 100mm F/2.8.

I'm also using a Canon 24-70 F/2.8L a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L and a Canon 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5.

IMG_9908.jpg

IMG_7615adjcopy.jpg

IMG_5944c.jpg

IMG_1146_filteredscr.jpg

IMG_2027ss.jpg

Edited by ddelallata
Cool beans! There is no 'official' method of breeding these shrimp, but it's supposed to be similar to peppermint shrimp. These links should help:

LisaP's thread

Project DIBS sexy shrimp forum

Thanks for the links, they have helped alot. I plan to begin cycling tomorrow, with live sand from the member Nick's Reef (on here) and some live rock that I have thats fully cured. Hopefully the tank will cycle quickly and I can get everything up and going shortly. I'l lwait a month at least most likely 2 months to make sure my waters good and the shrimp wont be in a tank with any pests (mantis shrimps, or other pest thats might be in my rock).

yeah i cant wait for them to cover the rock. it will look sweet. do you have a pic of yours?

I haven't gotten around to that yet. I'll wait for them to get as big as their mommy.

breeder net might work. i'm afraid my wrasse would kill them otherwise.

For most of my aquarium shots, I also use the 100mm F/2.8.

I'm also using a Canon 24-70 F/2.8L a Canon 70-200 f/2.8L and a Canon 10-17mm f/3.5-4.5.

Nice glass. :D

breeder net might work. i'm afraid my wrasse would kill them otherwise.

I think that would be a suitable place to keep them until their tank cycles. :)

Nor_Cal_Cuber
Sweet pics! :)

Haha, I think you should. :P

Exactly.

Nor_Cal_Cuber, nobody is trying to pick on you, but you seem to have some misconceptions about what and how you are keeping livestock. If you would like to know what we're talking about, please start another thread. Oh, and did you rehome that nem you had in your BC8?

The anemone is still in the BC8 and is thriving, I am waiting on my new power compacts to come for my 34 to move him into that tank. As far as my stock goes, I feel that I am fine and I will post some pics of my tanks, I do weekly water changes and the Benny is going to be an appliance, after he is done in the BC8, he will clean my AP 12 then it's to my friends 44 bow front for the rest of his life. Work for you? :D

The anemone is still in the BC8 and is thriving, I am waiting on my new power compacts to come for my 34 to move him into that tank.

Not enough light for a nem.

As far as my stock goes, I feel that I am fine and I will post some pics of my tanks, I do weekly water changes and the Benny is going to be an appliance, after he is done in the BC8, he will clean my AP 12 then it's to my friends 44 bow front for the rest of his life. Work for you? :D

Doesn't matter what works for me, but what works for your livestock.

Like I stated earlier, if you would like to discuss your stocking issues, please start a thread about it.

Am I sexy enough for the Sexy Shrimp Club??

I received 7 little gys this morning for my pico. Pics can be seen on my pico link in my sig!

Thanks for looking!

Stan-O