Innovative Marine Aquariums

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

professional help!!! My sexy is not eating (pellets). Well, I have never seen him eat. It has been exactly a week since he went in. Should I take him back? Remember, I paid $20 for the joker. Should I get different food? WTD? If taking him back is the best idea, how the world would I catch him?

My sexies finally arrived. they are acclimating right now, so pics soon.

Waitin' on those pics. :P

professional help!!! My sexy is not eating (pellets). Well, I have never seen him eat. It has been exactly a week since he went in. Should I take him back? Remember, I paid $20 for the joker. Should I get different food? WTD? If taking him back is the best idea, how the world would I catch him?

omgomgomg

Don't panic! Haha, chances are he is scavenging off the rocks and simply isn't hungry when you present a pellet. Do you have any other foods to try, like flake or mysis?

Where is the best place to order sexies online?

No-one here in DFW has them, and I have some time off between Christmas and New Year to be at home to accept a shipment.

Thanks!

Stan-O

Where is the best place to order sexies online?

You can probably ask one of your LFSs to order them for you, but ask how much they would charge. LiveAquaria sells them for $10, but then you've got to pay shipping. Also on ebay I believe.

I just got 3 of them

Cute pic! :happydance:

Thanks Lalani. You da bomb diggity. I am actually from Loozian myself. Born in Lafayette. My mom is in Slidell. Geaux Tigers.

Boooooo Tigers :P

That's cool though, I lived in Lafayette for about 5 years. :)

Here is the only one that is where I can get a pic.

DSC01414.jpg

The other 3 are doing good so far, they're just hanging out in places that the camera can't catch decently.

Cute pic star!

And thanks schaferfred! As soon as I can make myself do it, I'm going to add more info and pics to the first page of the thread, maybe some useful links too.

The av is from Arrested Development, I believe. It's temporary, a jab at somebody else on the forum. ;)

Cute pic star!

And thanks schaferfred! As soon as I can make myself do it, I'm going to add more info and pics to the first page of the thread, maybe some useful links too.

The av is from Arrested Development, I believe. It's temporary, a jab at somebody else on the forum. ;)

;) Gotcha. LMFAO....it is still cracking my a** up!!

So I'm looking at my tank this morning and my largest Sexy is doing something I've never seen it do. It has its tail between the legs and is scratching at it with the back legs. Been watching him now for about an hour do this. Could she be laying eggs? This shrimp is about 8 months old and I've never witnessed this behavior.

Steve

I see she is sticking her feet under a few "pockets" in her back area. Maybe she is molting also. I think I've got a macro lens and a cannon body somewhere. I'm going to go find it.

Steve

Nor_Cal_Cuber

So I have my stock up to 10 Sexies in the BC8 now. One came free with an Ricordea Mushroom that I got with five large heads that's was labeled a green hairy mushroom for $39, btw came with a cling-on Sexy, what a steal!

How many more can I add?

Current Stock: 10 Sexies, 2 Firefish, 2 Hermits, 2 small snails, one Algae Goby.

Edited by Nor_Cal_Cuber
Nor_Cal_Cuber
. . . .

Feeding them is surprisingly easy and requires very little time. I feed mine with shrimp pellets every other day.

ShrimpPellets(lores).jpg

I happen to use Omega One Shrimp Pellets (quite disturbing if you really think about it) and they absolutely love it. But really, any pellets will do.

. . .

Isn't that fresh water food, seems like a bad choice for feeding? Algae builder?

How many more can I add?

Good job on the freebie sexy!

You can add as many as you want, as long as they don't look crowded, really.

And what is an algae goby exactly?

Isn't that fresh water food, seems like a bad choice for feeding? Algae builder?

If that is the type el fabuloso uses, it doesn't seem to have any negative effects on his pico tank. ;)

Nor_Cal_Cuber
Good job on the freebie sexy!

You can add as many as you want, as long as they don't look crowded, really.

And what is an algae goby exactly?

If that is the type el fabuloso uses, it doesn't seem to have any negative effects on his pico tank. ;)

Sorry, Still a n00b: Algae Blenny

ScooterBlennyWMGo_U8.jpg

Sorry, Still a n00b: Algae Blenny

ScooterBlennyWMGo_U8.jpg

Please remove this fish before it starves. They get to several inches long and will be way too big for your tank in no time. In the 8 gallon tank the two firefish are enough in the way of fish.

Nor_Cal_Cuber

There is a LOT of algae in the tank so he will be feed for a bit. I have a 12g reef with 2 Clowns, 1 Royal Dottyback, 1 Mandarin Goby, and a Cleaner Shrimp as well as crabs and snails.

My 34g tank is aggressive, just started it with Damsels and a Yellow Spotted Puffer so I think the 12 would be the only suitable home if there is enough room for his bio load. The tank is skimmed.