Jump to content
Lalani

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Recommended Posts

Ctothemiller

3 of my 6 sexies hangn with a bumblebee snail.

20180628_185411.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
mndfreeze

I had a few bumblebee snails back in the day. They were cool but I ended up getting rid of them because I liked the small tube worms more.

Share this post


Link to post
Shaggy2061
On 6/28/2018 at 7:27 PM, mndfreeze said:

I had a few bumblebee snails back in the day. They were cool but I ended up getting rid of them because I liked the small tube worms more.

Hoping to get some of those when i start my new tank in about a month.Tube worms that is

 

Share this post


Link to post
A Little Blue

My sure likes to hang around RFA and Euphillias. I’ll take him out the moment he starts misbehaving. So far, so good. 

72A21FC8-4189-4101-83E0-C4C7BBECFA55.thumb.jpeg.4f44fd97c692f61e0e7006ed9e814240.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
mndfreeze

Well they ARE anemone shrimpies. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
A Little Blue

It hangs around euphyllias a lot more tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Reg

Just started a 5 gal rock anemone tank, can anyone suggest a clean up crew?  I got 5 sexies in there and they mostly hang out with the nems on the bed.  Can they be considered members of the clean up crew?  Given the lack of real estate (plan to get alot more nems), was wondering if there any snail/conch/crab options that wont get killed by the nems.  Also would love to add a small fish or 2, but again same dilemma of floorspace and compatibility.    Also running an Aqueon AT-10 filter/powerhead in there.  Has a replaceable little carbon filter and rubber Bio grid in there.  Any suggestions or input from experience would be greatly appreciated.NemTank.thumb.jpg.031d2c43802d8dfe3c9e6e8d9819a5db.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
BlennyBoi

should i get some sexies for a 30g reef? do they get on with skunk cleaner shrimp?

Share this post


Link to post
mndfreeze
On 10/23/2018 at 8:47 PM, Reg said:

Just started a 5 gal rock anemone tank, can anyone suggest a clean up crew?  I got 5 sexies in there and they mostly hang out with the nems on the bed.  Can they be considered members of the clean up crew?  Given the lack of real estate (plan to get alot more nems), was wondering if there any snail/conch/crab options that wont get killed by the nems.  Also would love to add a small fish or 2, but again same dilemma of floorspace and compatibility.    Also running an Aqueon AT-10 filter/powerhead in there.  Has a replaceable little carbon filter and rubber Bio grid in there.  Any suggestions or input from experience would be greatly appreciated.

5G is too small for any conch.  Way too small even for a fighting conch. It will slowly starve over a period of months.

 

Trochus snails, cerith snails and hermit crabs will all be fine for CUC.  They will avoid the nems and other than the occasional accident they will be fine.  They are also super cheap and are planned 'replacement' critters anyway.  Over time you are just going to lose CUC members and need to replenish them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
mndfreeze
On 10/29/2018 at 6:00 PM, BlennyBoi said:

should i get some sexies for a 30g reef? do they get on with skunk cleaner shrimp?

 

 

The skunk cleaner won't be the problem.  Sexy shrimp are pretty fast little bastards.   They are small shrimp though so you have to be careful with your fish selection or other inverts that might wanna snack on em.

Share this post


Link to post
BlennyBoi
27 minutes ago, mndfreeze said:

 

 

The skunk cleaner won't be the problem.  Sexy shrimp are pretty fast little bastards.   They are small shrimp though so you have to be careful with your fish selection or other inverts that might wanna snack on em.

the fish are a sixline wrasse, clownfish and bicolour blenny. i dont have the skunk cleaner, but plan to get one. also, what corals do they host?

Share this post


Link to post
mndfreeze

Sixline will murder em most likely.  They are notorious bullies and invert munchers.  You gotta remember that sexy shrimp are TINY.  Like half inch to 3/4" and are tasty little snacks for fish that like inverts, which most wrasses do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
BlennyBoi
Just now, mndfreeze said:

Sixline will murder em most likely.  They are notorious bullies and invert munchers.  You gotta remember that sexy shrimp are TINY.  Like half inch to 3/4" and are tasty little snacks for fish that like inverts, which most wrasses do.

 

 

i didnt know they were that small! i thought like 2"! better stick with the skunk cleaners then!

Share this post


Link to post
skyscraper2290

Here is my sexy shrimp hanging out in my hammer garden

 

 

4FC5A9C9-F50F-4102-B696-AE1422507910.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
BlennyBoi
9 hours ago, skyscraper2290 said:

Here is my sexy shrimp hanging out in my hammer garden

 

 

4FC5A9C9-F50F-4102-B696-AE1422507910.jpeg

Wow! lookin good!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
leluckie

Do sexies eat Pods?

Share this post


Link to post
mndfreeze

I'm sure they will if they can catch em.  I wouldn't try to exclusively feed them those though..

Share this post


Link to post
Clownfish king

Was planning on getting 3 sexy shrimp and peppermint in my 10 gallon aquarium I plan to feed shrimp pellets. I’m also gonna have a few decorative hermits with my 2 paired clowns

 

Share this post


Link to post
DevilDuck

Just joined the sexy club! I got 2 from ReefCleaners, one has claimed dibs on my RBTA.

 

20210304_140629_DxO.thumb.jpg.251a07521adce18fd4a65b9cebac5819.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recommended Discussions

×
×
  • Create New...