SaltCritters.com

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

I'd trade my skunk for another sexy no problem. He sometimes scampers across everything hoping to steal food and makes everybody close up! The sexies are always on the nems front and center and I hand feed them, they love flake food.

I once had 4 but the 2 smallest guys disappeared. I figured the hermits got them. Now a hermit is gone so all is fair in love and war. LOL

Got my first sexy shrimp today! it was a free! when you spend enough money they work you a bundle deal! lol

im thinking of names but not sure if it male or female? i cant find thos post that shows the difference.... and thoughts?

294D0565-A3AE-4426-B229-7AAEB7D39A1D.jpg

• Like 1

anyone have any food recommendations?.... the pellets we have are super tiny and cant be handed to the sexy shrimp....

i use OMGEA ONE small pellets and they've been able

to grab and eat (i use tweezers) ever since they were wee little

sexies. i also feed them reef frenzy frozen seafood, which they love.

they'll often grab from the flower nems when i feed them too.

• Like 1

I love that my newly added sexy shrimp went right to my purple hornets and not my eagle eyes. Wtf is that all about, I knew they ate coral when I bought them but why do they insist on eating at my 20+ polyp zoa colony and not the the cheap ass eagle eyes, pretentious bastards.

• Like 2

Check out the first page post #4 the first picture is male. the 2nd picture has a male on the left and female on the right. Males are thinner through the body and have a solid line and females are thicker with a broken line on the tail.

I google imaged female sexy shrimp. Don't do it. (Or do, it's definitely NSFW). Anyway what I want to know is I bought two sexy shrimp today. When putting them in the tank they lost each other. Will they find each other again? One looks to be female and the other male and I'd like them to hang out together.

• Like 2

I have a herd of 4. First bought 3- lost one so bought another, lost him so bought another...then one of them reappeared making 4 again. These little guys are adept at hiding when they are wee....come back out when bigger. I love mine! Like I said, their home is the 2 nems, I've seen them sometimes go exploring on the sand but they almost always stay up on the nems. Never bothered my Zoos

• Like 1
Partially Submerged

Had three, loved them. They started eating my torch coral. I still loved them, but from afar. Because I took their little shrimp a$$es to my LFS. ;) Great little creatures though.

• Like 1

I have a herd of 4. First bought 3- lost one so bought another, lost him so bought another...then one of them reappeared making 4 again. These little guys are adept at hiding when they are wee....come back out when bigger. I love mine! Like I said, their home is the 2 nems, I've seen them sometimes go exploring on the sand but they almost always stay up on the nems. Never bothered my Zoos

i always see them in my 8g. love that. they

usually are perched on my flower nem or somewhere

else conspicuous. :)

• Like 1

i always see them in my 8g. love that. they

usually are perched on my flower nem or somewhere

else conspicuous. :)

i have an 8 gal too..... my 2 (LANAAAA and Pam) are almost always visible and usually together..... they have a few favorite hang out spots!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
ReachTheSky

I'd like to get somewhere between 3-5 of these little guys for my 7.5g cube (fishless). What's their bio-footprint like? I barely have any filtration and very little live rock in the tank so trying to minimize bioload as much as I can.

• Like 1

I'd like to get somewhere between 3-5 of these little guys for my 7.5g cube (fishless). What's their bio-footprint like? I barely have any filtration and very little live rock in the tank so trying to minimize bioload as much as I can.

as far as i can tell, very minimal. mine take pellets to eat.

i used to feed them every day, but since i began feeding the

nems and fish, i am maybe spot feeding them once a week,

twice tops with pellets or reef frenzy.

• 1 month later...
chanathon

My frogspawn and zoas have been retracted for a good month now. I never suspected but I think I caught my sexies eating them. Never spot fed but think I'm going to have to start :(

DurocShark

I picked up a pair last night. $12 each. I grabbed a purple condy (I think) nem too. Bad idea in retrospect, but it looks so awesome.

The sexies show up in my dropcam now and again: http://dropc.am/p/DurocShark

Best pic I could get last night:

cdwneA0.jpg

I love these guys.

Looking forward to putting a couple in my tank.

I know someone on another site that's had some success with them breeding.

She just released 7 into her display tank that were born in March.