Top Shelf Aquatics

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

im totally going to join the sexy shrimp club. its just going to wait until i can finish building the tank they are going in.

:happydance:

Does Damsel, Clown, Gobies, or any other small fish can eat the sexy?

Erm, it all depends on what species!

Thought I'd join this thread and add a pic (been playing around with my camera). I also want to know if a sixline wrasse would be safe to add to help with the red flat worms (they haven't caused problems, but are a bit of an eye sore).

Thanks and bye for now!

post-27920-1227479290_thumb.jpg

Thought I'd join this thread and add a pic (been playing around with my camera). I also want to know if a sixline wrasse would be safe to add to help with the red flat worms (they haven't caused problems, but are a bit of an eye sore).

Thanks and bye for now!

Welcome! And as far as I know, sixlines are ok to keep with sexies, but it's never 100% guaranteed!

do sexies affect bioload? for instance if i was to add 7-9 of them to a 14g Biocube, would that be to much?

They affect bioload, as they do create waste, but since they are so tiny, I don't think it's much at all. 7-9 of them would be a good group for a 14gal tank :)

Nor_Cal_Cuber

Got a new BioCube 8g for the Sexies, and their anemone. 4.5 watts per gallon better for the anemone?

So I put one fire fish in and have 5 Sexies, think adding 4 more sexies and one more fire fish is okay?

Pics to follow, the net is down at home and I left the camera there.

Ok... watts per gallon is not an accurate estimate of light for saltwater tanks. The anemone most likely needs strong T5HO or Metal Halide lighting. I'm guessing the BioCube has compact fluorescent bulbs? The nem is not going to do well, imo. And once again, the nem will probably grow quite large.

For an 8gal. tank, I would not add a second firefish. If you want a second fish, and keep up with weekly water changes, you could get a small goby like a clown goby.

i'm leaving now to buy a 5.5

who knows if i'll buy the nova and actually set this thing up...

Whoops, I didn't get to your last post on my tank thread before I crashed last night/this morning, sorries!

So you're just going to buy the tank..... and think about it some more? :P

Whoops, I didn't get to your last post on my tank thread before I crashed last night/this morning, sorries!

So you're just going to buy the tank..... and think about it some more? :P

yup. i really need to start running some carbon and gfo in my 30 though, so we'll see. if i can get my camera to work i'll take some pics of my phosban reactors and put them up for sale in the classifieds this week......so maybe i can afford both.

if not, i'll just add the 5.5 to my 2.5, 10, 30g seaclear, and AP12 that are sitting around here. that's too many tanks to own considering i've only been in the hobby for about a year and a half. :o and that's after i threw a 10 away and sold a BC8. haha.

If you add more then 3 sexies will they form one group or multiple groups of three?

Umm, there is no way to know for certain. I have three, and two of them stick together while one goes off on her own. I'm sure no matter how large or small the group, there will be at least one that stays out of the group.

So I have 2 3 gallons tanks. One is a 6-8 week old apothecary jar, the other is a commercial picotope I just set up this afternoon. I am wanting to get some sexies for one or both of these tanks. I have a couple of mojano anemones in the older tank, will these bother the sexies?

So I have 2 3 gallons tanks. One is a 6-8 week old apothecary jar, the other is a commercial picotope I just set up this afternoon. I am wanting to get some sexies for one or both of these tanks. I have a couple of mojano anemones in the older tank, will these bother the sexies?

Hi! I doubt the majano nems will bother the sexies, and hey... the shrimp might even host them! :)

i finally can post here after getting my sexy shrimp :P

just wonder has anyone had their sexies turn green ? when i first got mine i notice 3 were green :o

then they changed back then at night they some had green on them

Welcome to the Sexy Club! :happydance:

When I had some sexies shipped to me, I noticed that one of them turned green for a little while. I'm not sure if it happens when they are stressed or if it's something in the water, but it's not totally uncommon.

Has anyone ever ordered sexies or anything else from fish.com?

I hadn't heard of them until I ran across it tonight. They are the first company that I have found that has sexies in stock. My LFS has been trying to get them in for me for weeks now. I even went to Gerber's SW warehouse in Dayton, OH saturday hoping to get them, but they had sold the 2 they had during the week. I am amazed at how hard it is to find these guys. If anyone knows of a place to get them reliably, please let me know.

Thanks!