Lalani

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

PurpleGORILLA

Here is tyrone.

sexyshrimp.jpg

Lalani
Of all the listed LS... my only concern would be the Golden Coris Wrasse. It depends on the size of your wrasse I guess.

Ah, sorry for the delay in response, but yeah, I agree with jervis. Everything looks good except possibly the wrasse. Also, kinda small tank for a scooter, but hey.

Here are my Sexies... I think they simulated the Bubble's feeding tentacles... let's hope they don't get caught :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC02293.jpg

I have 5 and looking forward to add 5 more :)

Lol, that's a great shot! :lol:

Here is tyrone.

sexyshrimp.jpg

Sweet pic!

dorito
Ah, sorry for the delay in response, but yeah, I agree with jervis. Everything looks good except possibly the wrasse. Also, kinda small tank for a scooter, but hey.

Lol, that's a great shot! :lol:

Sweet pic!

The wrasse is about 2.5" long, would it eat the sexies? It does'nt go after anything in the tank. What will happen to the scooter in a tank this size? It looks happy actually, alot of swimming, he's very entertaining actually and cute!

Lalani
The wrasse is about 2.5" long, would it eat the sexies? It does'nt go after anything in the tank. What will happen to the scooter in a tank this size? It looks happy actually, alot of swimming, he's very entertaining actually and cute!

Snipit from LiveAquaria description:

"It will eat fireworms and pyramidellid snails, protecting corals and clams. In addition, it may eat feather dusters, wild shrimp, tubeworms, and flatworms. It may also eat parasites off of tank mates."

It may or may not harm the sexies, but only time will tell.

And the scooter will be fine as long as he stays well fed. :)

danktank

i recently set up a 1 gal bow front and am contemplating putting 1-3 sexies in there w/ come zoos i was wondering this that would be too small of a tank it i got the tank at a local thrift shop for $3 i came w/ a 7watt PC light and a little azoo palm filter and i have a spare like 25 watt heater in there ( yea i kno overkill but i had it laying around)

Edited by danktank

Lalani

I'd say 3 sexies would do just fine in that setup. :)

What kind of PC light though? You may need to change it to keep zoas.

Edited by Lalani

Kamao

How many sexies can i have in a 15gallon tank?

Lalani

In 15 gallons....... 25 sexies? Lol, these guys are really tiny so you can fit a bunch of them in. How many were you thinking?

Kamao

Woah, 25? :o

Nah, i was thinking 4-6. Or maybe 8. I guess that will be ok? Im not going to have other shrimps and a maximum of 3 fish.

chwattscaw

What is your experience with agression from larger shrimp, such as Fire Shrimp, Harlequin Shrimp, or Peppermint Shrimp?

Thanks,

Chris

Lalani
Woah, 25? :o

Nah, i was thinking 4-6. Or maybe 8. I guess that will be ok? Im not going to have other shrimps and a maximum of 3 fish.

Hehe, that would be fine!

What is your experience with agression from larger shrimp, such as Fire Shrimp, Harlequin Shrimp, or Peppermint Shrimp?

Thanks,

Chris

Wish I could add some input here, but my personal experience has only included keeping them in a sort of species tank with no other shrimp, besides pistols that came with the rocks. From reading, I can tell you that they are supposed to be fine with larger shrimp. Maybe someone else has some input??

Psychographic

Thanks,

Chris

I've kept Sexies with both Peps and a Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp, although I do think my Cleaner was the demise of my Peppermints.

I still have 4 Sexies with the Cleaner.

spham24

Sexy shrimp poop a lot for their size. Has anyone ever noticed this before? It's not going to affect the bio load much....but they poop a lot.

Justin_Freebords

how can i tell if my sexies are hosting a coral or eating it? I have 2 small kenya trees on a rock and they seem to both always be on it and their little hands are busy moving quickly. How do i tell if they are eating the coral? I try to feed them every day with a pellet and today they both munched away happily but im still worried

Edited by Justin_Freebords

jervismun

I have Elegance, Bubble and True Octo (Frogspawn) in my tank... they prefer the True Octo :lol:

091101.jpg

Lalani
Sexy shrimp poop a lot for their size. Has anyone ever noticed this before? It's not going to affect the bio load much....but they poop a lot.

Ya, I see them 'shoot' poop all the time... funny to watch, isn't it? :P

how can i tell if my sexies are hosting a coral or eating it? I have 2 small kenya trees on a rock and they seem to both always be on it and their little hands are busy moving quickly. How do i tell if they are eating the coral? I try to feed them every day with a pellet and today they both munched away happily but im still worried

Well it's pretty simple. Watch them and see if they grab hold of the coral and rip a piece of it off. Sometimes they will touch the coral and pick things off of it, but as long as they aren't tearing the tissue, they're not causing any harm.

I have Elegance, Bubble and True Octo (Frogspawn) in my tank... they prefer the True Octo :lol:

Well they have good taste! :lol:

Great shot too!

Edited by Lalani

Justin_Freebords

well it appears to me as if they are ripping off pieces, i havent seen any pieces come off but one of my sexies was pulling pretty hard on a zoanthid to the point that it was moving. I spot fed them today so i dont get what his deal is : /

DENALI

Awesome thread, you've convinced me to get 3 sexies for my 12g. Let you guys know when I get em! ;)

Nor_Cal_Cuber

Ayt, this sounds like the club to join, my 5g nano should work well. I have 3 small green chromis in there now, sound like a good home for 3-5 Sexy Shrimp?

Lalani
well it appears to me as if they are ripping off pieces, i havent seen any pieces come off but one of my sexies was pulling pretty hard on a zoanthid to the point that it was moving. I spot fed them today so i dont get what his deal is : /

Hmmm.... what part of the zoa polyp do you see them pulling on. When mine do decide to munch on them, they go for the skirts only and it's obvious when they rip one of them off. If they are just grabbing at the other flesh, they probably aren't doing much damage... does the coral close up and look pissed off afterwards or stay open?

Awesome thread, you've convinced me to get 3 sexies for my 12g. Let you guys know when I get em! ;)

:happydance:

Ayt, this sounds like the club to join, my 5g nano should work well. I have 3 small green chromis in there now, sound like a good home for 3-5 Sexy Shrimp?

You have 3 chromis in a 5gal tank?? Not a good idea. Are they just there temporarily?

But 3-5 sexies would do great in a 5gal.

Justin_Freebords

my zoanthids close up and they pick at the small opening while they are closed up. Then they stay closed for a while. They have left them alone all day today so maybe it was a fluke?

Lalani
my zoanthids close up and they pick at the small opening while they are closed up. Then they stay closed for a while. They have left them alone all day today so maybe it was a fluke?

Well, in that case, I would suggest you keep an eye on them and maybe try to feed them a little more. When I see mine picking at zoas, I give them food and they happily go back to their hammer coral and leave everything else alone. I think it's an attention-getter sometimes. :lol:

Nor_Cal_Cuber

You have 3 chromis in a 5gal tank?? Not a good idea. Are they just there temporarily?

But 3-5 sexies would do great in a 5gal.

Yes I do, I have no where else to put them, I like them though, they are small but pushing the limit, maybe I could skim that tank or just trade them in for 5 sexies and more bubble corals, maybe frog spawn.

Bringing Sexy back-Ya!

Edited by Nor_Cal_Cuber

Lalani

Yes I do, I have no where else to put them, I like them though, they are small but pushing the limit, maybe I could skim that tank or just trade them in for 5 sexies and more bubble corals, maybe frog spawn.

Bringing Sexy back-Ya!

Umm yeah, I would trade the chromis in for more suitable livestock. They need more swimming space than they can get in a 5gal tank, imo.

Anyways, be sure to post pics here when you get those sexies. :D

Justin_Freebords

well i blew him off the zoanthids with a turkey baster and it must have taught him to stay off the zoanthids because they have left them alone since then and i do keep them fed once a day with a good sized pellet each so hopefully that solves my problem