SaltCritters.com

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

Thanks alot Dan I just found a link after googling for a couple hours if anyone is interested its the best info Ive seen so far on it.

HARLEQUIN SHRIMP

SUPER page! It would be Chuck's Addiction. I can spend hours reading his pages...

--Diane

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far so good hes the most peaceful critter Ive had so far. Im gonna try and get a mate for him next week.

do you have a blue spot?

dude, my blue spot takes the prize fish award in my tank. the spots glow under t5 blue+ bulbs like nothing you've ever seen (unless you've seen it, duh). the personality is amazing too. mine is the shyest fish unless you get near its burrow. always curious and looking around. it stares at me more than i stare at it.

So far so good hes the most peaceful critter Ive had so far. Im gonna try and get a mate for him next week.

harlequins rule. definitely underrated. i've never had it attack anything -only defend itself against others. my mystery wrasse tried to snip at it and it just postured up until the wrasse backed off and gave up. good luck finding it a mate. my female is holding a fat clutch of eggs right now!

Im sorry Dan I thouight you meant was the harlequin blue or red spotted lol. I did build this tank with the intention of getting a bluespotted jawfish though and even made some tunnels and put more sand on one side. Just want to let the tank mature some first.

Im sorry Dan I thouight you meant was the harlequin blue or red spotted lol. I did build this tank with the intention of getting a bluespotted jawfish though and even made some tunnels and put more sand on one side. Just want to let the tank mature some first.

good idea because blue spots aren't cheap (but worth it IMO).

my female harley is red and male blue. i don't think this means much in terms of sexing but i thought i'd share.

Awesome looking tank man. You have some amazing DIY skills, I love the tank design and aquascape. I can't wait to see a Bluespotted Jawfish in there, it's my dream fish, I just worry about it with an open top as I'm not too keen on having $100+ jump out of the tank onto the carpet never to be seen again.

Thanks Cfeist and the pod looks awesome smurf:)

My daughter has decided to build her own tank because Im not letting work on this one enough.

hb1.jpg

hb2.jpg

hb3.jpg

s2.jpg

Talk about camoflage!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww on the daughter! I remember those days!...stickers, pacifiers, jammies, Candy Land, plastic power tools...like they were only yesterday. But my youngest is 16, now, which doesn't seem possible. Enjoy every minute!

--Diane

She sure is a fiery one Diane.

Im not sure if my new Harlequin is gonna play nice the little bastage took of with a star leg from the other harlequin maybe I should remove all food.

DSCN1107.jpg

How often do you need to feed them a star? Do they eat fast? I'm thinking of getting one, they look so cool!

Thanks,

Polly

Shoot Me_I Explode

Very nice take man, could not tell from the pictures but is there a plastic or piece of acrylic between the lights and the tank?

- it looks like you got a female from the fins (no, i don't know the proper anatomy) under the tail

- yes, the blue spots will jump. mine is crazy when it's freaked out

Very nice take man, could not tell from the pictures but is there a plastic or piece of acrylic between the lights and the tank?

1/4" Acrylic please tell me thats ok lol if not Ill put glass in.

disaster999

i think your better off with acrylic, glass will block off too much light. i think he was asking if theres a splash guard for your lights

Ok then disaster thanks for the info Im glad its ok . Yeah I have 1/4 inch acrylic and its weather sealed as well. And Im running 4 fans in the lighted section

I know its probably been asked before but who is the guy in your avatar? Hes awesome!

I like the tank alot and the harlequins are awesome! :happydance:

Nope lol the guy made an era I have two females so i have one blocked off atm shes a bit testy and has eggs so im gonna have to bring her back. Good news is I found a male off someone whos got a positive ID on it. Ive decided to keep the pink female as most seem to be blue so I thought it would be cool to have 2 colors like you do.

Archived