Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

Absolutely amazing looking tank.

In regards to the Mini CF... I would think that would be enough for the refugium.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's going to be a great tank-I can feel it.

I hope so Klarion ..lol with my luck it will probaly catch on fire.

Originally I wasnt going to do a cabinet I was just gonna leave it open but with a 2 year old its nearly impossible shes already thrown the rubber ducky in the 10 g a couple a times. As far as I know SW fish arent to happy swimming in soap.

I hope so Klarion ..lol with my luck it will probaly catch on fire.

Originally I wasnt going to do a cabinet I was just gonna leave it open but with a 2 year old its nearly impossible shes already thrown the rubber ducky in the 10 g a couple a times. As far as I know SW fish arent to happy swimming in soap.

After recent experiences with my 2 yr. old son ultimately leading to my prop tank crashing, I definitely think you're doing the right thing.

That bulb would be strong enough, but I would actually go with a different bulb.

If you look at Wal-Mart in the light bulb section, they have a twisty energy efficient light bulb that is in the 6500k spectrum, which is better for supporting plant growth. You have to read the fine print on the bulb packages to find it, but it's there. I've used one before for a refugium and it worked great.

It's not that the one you pictured wouldn't work, it's that the other one would work better.

Thanks so much Weetie thats exactly what I was looking for just a white plant type bulb coolbeans ty.Also by the way since you mention wal mart I noticed at mine they have 2 diff waters...one says Distilled the other says RO but none say ro/di which one should I go with i need 20 gallons.Usually I just use the RO machine at the supermarket but its been down for a few days.

Thanks so much Weetie thats exactly what I was looking for just a white plant type bulb coolbeans ty.Also by the way since you mention wal mart I noticed at mine they have 2 diff waters...one says Distilled the other says RO but none say ro/di which one should I go with i need 20 gallons.Usually I just use the RO machine at the supermarket but its been down for a few days.

I use the Wal-Mart brand distilled water with the purple caps.

I don't trust RO water that I don't make myself, cause you have no way of knowing how often they change their membranes and if they're not conscientious, you can still end up with not so great water.

I don't have a lot of faith in other people being conscientious, y'know?

Well I went out in the rain to paint this damned thing today (Didnt want Weetie thinking Im a slacker again).

Got the back of the tank painted and got the cab primed and painted. The cab was suppose to be more of a black with white specs but it looks grey to me, maybe it will improve when it dries.

primed.jpg

painted9.jpg

tankback.jpg

FAN I think ill use:

fan.jpg

Lookin Good Monk...

look forward to seeing the whole thing up and running.

Hope you enjoyed the Tunes while you were painting and drinking suds...

Ok well its officially set up, a bit cloudy though :) Will post more tommorow Ill need to rearange probaly.

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z2.jpg

z5.jpg

z6.jpg

Thansk guys :) Yeah Im gonna fix the return and do some other things still just got tired of messin with it today.

Just waiting for it to clear up a bit more I moved the sand around big mistake lol.

DSCN0780.jpg

DSCN0779.jpg

I have aquascape envy...Damn! :::::::::kicking the dirt:::::

Wow, you really know how to build! Are you a professional? Cabinetry/carpentry/engineering? I can't believe how intricate that cabinet & hood are. And then all the inside-the-tank work...Wow! That's all I can think of to say...I'm speechless...:)

--Diane

PS: Your daughter's a doll! Glad she'll grow up learning some marine biology. ;)

Thanks for the kind words Diane comming from you thats huge compliment. I do renovations but Im a hack (This tank will more than likely explode or something)by nature I have no idea about plumbing and electrical Ive pretty much learned off all the good threads here.

Archived