Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

Oh wow man your tank is really excellent looking. The harlequins look fantastic how long have you had em? O

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've had them... i would say >7 months.

when i got them, they were tiny -maybe 3/4" each. they were so small i could barely see what i was looking at. i fed them one huge star (took them like 5 weeks) and BAM! they were about the present size. they've been joined at the hip since and have had no issues/conflicts w/ anything else in my tank. the mystery wrasse tried to pick at them for a second but they fended it off and i think the wrasse is now scared of them.

thanks for the compliments. i need to add pics w/ the mystery and blue spot. you've going to love having a blue spot

Congratulations on a well planned build!

Thanks toad hopefully all goes well thanks to all of you guys and all your knowledge so far so good.

First off thanks for the compliment Toad. Jusiko your to kind:), and to answer your question the female is about 1" and the male 3/4".

Here are some new pics of the frags the fabulous Weetie sent me. Also the last pic shows my 2 Harlequins whom have finally paired up!! (please excuse my photographs I still cant get the camera set right lol)

fts2.jpg

weetie1.jpg

weetie2.jpg

weetie3.jpg

mushroom.jpg

gg.jpg

random.jpg

paired.jpg

If you are interested next pic shows my female note the spots on her under carriage the male has none.

female.jpg

fts1.jpg

Ok thats it for now Ill post more as I get better with the camera sorry for the noob shots.

First off thanks for the compliment Toad. Jusiko your to kind:), and to answer your question the female is about 1" and the male 3/4".

Here are some new pics of the frags the fabulous Weetie sent me. Also the last pic shows my 2 Harlequins whom have finally paired up!! (please excuse my photographs I still cant get the camera set right lol)

fts2.jpg

weetie1.jpg

weetie2.jpg

weetie3.jpg

mushroom.jpg

gg.jpg

random.jpg

paired.jpg

If you are interested next pic shows my female note the spots on her under carriage the male has none.

female.jpg

fts1.jpg

Ok thats it for now Ill post more as I get better with the camera sorry for the noob shots.

Really progressing Monk... i now feel naked.. i mean i feel my tank is naked. HA..

looking really good.

Hmmm I really like that first photo, the color saturation makes the coralline really glow; are you lucky enough to have teal coralline?

nice harleys. i am glad they paired quickly.

recommendation: they are a bit recluse. try not leaving big gaps behind your rockwork or they'll drag the starfish over there and you wont see them often.

Thanks for the info Dan. Yeah there is some teal jus but wether or not it will stay I dont know.

Oh BTW Dan Ive been meaning to ask you....are the bluespotted Jawfish safe with shrimp or will they make a snack of them?

lilredneckman

Wow it looks great. I have never really looked at your tank before and now i am regretting it! It looks truly amazing!

Thanks for the info Dan. Yeah there is some teal jus but wether or not it will stay I dont know.

Oh BTW Dan Ive been meaning to ask you....are the bluespotted Jawfish safe with shrimp or will they make a snack of them?

my blue spot didn't attack my sexy shrimp when they were still in my main display. i think they're pretty harmless. mine only seems to want to eat pellets (spectrum).

mine seems to be very scared of anything and everything until something gets very close to its burrow. i've seen it attack hermits close to its burrow but never hunts them -only chases them away from the immediate area. all in all, i think it's just as safe as my clownfish. i've never seen it pay any attention to my harleys

Its funny becuase the LFS has two healthy looking blues atm in stock Ive never seen them before in a store only online.

there's a lot of discussion online of blue spots succumbing to disease. apparently they come from lower temp areas (mexico) of about 74-76 degrees.

when my tank was at 79, i noticed a little popeye and some abrasions starting to form on the fish. i now run at 76 and don't have any issues. looks very healthy. i don't know if the temps actually had something to do with it or if it was just stressed and is now settling in.

blue spots are expensive (duh). shop wisely.

Wow those are awesome looking shrimp. Great to see they are pairing up and the tank looks great, love the colorful zoas.

Very nice video of your shrimp. Just wondering, how much dose the tank evaporate a day?

About a 1/4 of a gallon why do you ask?

Thanks Cfiest and sorry about your little guy .

Archived