SaltCritters.com

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

Heres a video of the flow from the mj1200 return just thought if you had a look you might be able to tell me if its to much or not?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if a black and white Ocellaris Clown will pair up with a regular Ocellaris Clown ? Yeah I know not another Nemo but ya got to make the kids happy.

Look at my signature.

Looking good man. I have 7 hermits in my 20L, I have a few in my fuge too.

Im not sure why its not workig Weetie Ill try and redo today in better light as well as its kinda blue. Thanks Nal I checked out your pair of clowns thats awesome unfortunetly my buddy gave me a pair of oc clowns so Ill have to wait on getting ablack one for another tank :angry:

Im not sure why its not workig Weetie Ill try and redo today in better light as well as its kinda blue. Thanks Nal I checked out your pair of clowns thats awesome unfortunetly my buddy gave me a pair of oc clowns so Ill have to wait on getting ablack one for another tank :angry:

It was me, my computer was being grumpy. :angry:

I got it now.

I like the way it looked, but I would go even more by how the flow affects your corals. If you could make a clip showing the inside of your tank and how much movement your corals have in the flow, that would help even more.

I would definitely start the new stuff out on the far end of your tank where flow is lower, just until you get everything anchored.

This isnt that much better but this shows the dead spot in the tank under the return. The flow in the rest of the tank is like 3-4 times this much. When I had this frag of whatever it is in the video directly in the flow it was completely blown over. Sorry for the poor video its done with a digital camera.

Okay, that actually does help.

That's some pretty strong flow.

That's with the MJ1200, right?

I might actually try it with the MJ900 if I were you, and see what the difference is.

Ok Weetie thanks alot it seemed like alot to me as well but I wasnt sure as Ive never had SW before.Ill try the mj900 and just add an extra koralia nano if needed so its more dispersed and not so direct.

Ok Weetie thanks alot it seemed like alot to me as well but I wasnt sure as Ive never had SW before.Ill try the mj900 and just add an extra koralia nano if needed so its more dispersed and not so direct.

That sounds like a good approach.

Your package is in your town, should be there soon! omgomgomg

Woohoo Ive got cookies!! Thanks so much Weetie:) The packaging was very impressive! Much better than mine lol.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Ive got Cheato now :)

5.jpg

This is better than Chritmas lol. Ill post pics later when the stuff opens .

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

Wish I could've sent more, but I had to hold some back for the frag pack giveaway.

Btw, the box and liner was actually from tashayar, so I can't claim credit there.

I had received some "magic mushrooms" from her in that box just as I was getting your stuff ready to go out, so I just recycled!

Everything is looking great!! Those Zoanthids have really cool colors and so does the green feather duster thingies.

Thanks Needrefunds:) I got it from a little hole in the wall in roselle park(union county) which part of Jersey are you in?

Is it the one on North Ave? Has like the fish painting/paper on the left windows with the entrance to the right? Always looks dark? If so I love that store used to go all the time when i had my 7g. He has great prices. Always threw in some free frags of loose polyps when he knew how small my tank was.

If you live in Cranford I'm suprised you haven't found Aquatic Obsessions yet. They are right on St. Georges Ave between the McDonalds and right before the Burger King when going towards Animals and Things. Where in Cranford do you live? I am going back today or tomorrow to AO I'll pick you up. Or you can meet me at my job and we'll go together. I work in the complex behind Bank of America on Walnut Ave right before the Raritan Rd. Intersection where Clark BBQ is. I live in Carteret so there's another reefer local to you. Work in the same town and live 10 mins from you.

Love the tank by the way. In a week or so I'll have some frags hopefully and I can share the wealth.

-Jay

Yep thats the place Jay hes a real good guy:) And no I havnt found the place on st.georges lol but i know where the street is so im on it like a hornet!

Quick Update:

Everything thing seems to be comming along nicely that youe sent me Weetie just trying to get rid of some green algae or whatever it is atm. Oh i found a use for my sure grip finally since it wasnt doing much for my mj

update1.jpg

i have a pair.

the bigger female is more of a pinkish color and the smaller male is more blue. that probably isn't the deciding factor.

the female has longer "flippers" under its tail (i don't know the technical name). they're used to protect eggs they hold under the tails.

they bred in my aquarium one night. the fish were in a frenzy!

Archived