SaltCritters.com

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

Needreefunds

I finally got caught up on your thread Monk.

Sweet build! Very sharp. B)

I agree also on the shrimp. Typically $25-35 around here. Might I ask where you picked it up?

As for starter corals, Weetie has great suggestions there. If she can put together something for you go for it, she has the good stuff and certainly know how to ship 'em!

Good luck with this one Monk!!

Following along from here.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Needrefunds:) I got it from a little hole in the wall in roselle park(union county) which part of Jersey are you in?

Weetie that would be outstanding and a big help as I have no idea what im looking at in the LFS most the time and the stuff is so overpriced as far as corals go.

Does anyone know if a black and white Ocellaris Clown will pair up with a regular Ocellaris Clown ? Yeah I know not another Nemo but ya got to make the kids happy.

Needreefunds
Thanks Needrefunds:) I got it from a little hole in the wall in roselle park(union county) which part of Jersey are you in?

Sometimes those "hole in the wall" places have the best values.

Middlesex County here. Edison. :)

Alrighty I'm going to be doing something similar for a simple shroom prop tank. I was wondering how you stuck the acrylic in? Did you use normal tank epoxy or an acrylic adhesive to get it to stick?

Im in Cranford Needrefunds not to far from the parkway. I just made the acrylic a real snug fit and used aquarium sealant it was a DAP product. I used cement to make the overflow pre skimmer then just sealed it to the false wall.

aquarium28ozBlisterCard.jpg

and weldon 3 for skimmer box.

LS%20Che3.jpg

Quick temperature question...My tank holds steady between 78-80.5 should I get it cooler or is that acceptable?

Quick temperature question...My tank holds steady between 78-80.5 should I get it cooler or is that acceptable?

The temp to shoot for is 79... so its just right. :)

Sounds good to me.

You may have mentioned this before and I missed it, but is your tank somehow already cycled?

Thanks Lalani and yeah seems to be Weetie the rocks were in the 10g for a month before I put them in the 20g. The sand was seeded so seems to have been a quick cycle tested the calciumn and dKH today got readings of 9 dKH and calcium was 480 so it seems to be lvling out.

Needreefunds

Cranford huh? Not too far at all.

There seems to be quite a few NR peeps around us Monk!

Temp looks good, lets hope it stays that way for you a when the weather warms up. Did you wire the fan to come on with the lights?

Oh, and were you able to find the Weld-on cement locally, or did you have to order online?

No I had to order it. I havnt hooked all the fans upo yet so I should be able to cool it down a bit. Yep Im right off exit 136 Im almost in Clark.

Well I have an update today. I got 2 scarlet hermits,3 nassarius a small ricordia and 2 clowns. I wasn't planning on getting fish yet but a buddy had them and had to get rid of them so I took em.

scarlet1.jpg

ric1.jpg

clowns1.jpg

fts.jpg

Thanks XX and yes Weetie I cant find it anywhere around here. All I ever see is Maidens Hair is that any good?

Thanks XX and yes Weetie I cant find it anywhere around here. All I ever see is Maidens Hair is that any good?

I think Maiden's Hair is okay, but it's no problem for me to send some chaeto too. I need to prune mine back right now anyway.

Something Just occured to me. I have like 7 hermits now 3 red and 4 blues. When I watch them they are always on the rocks and such. Is this going to annoy the corals when I start adding them should I get rid of some or are they harmless? Also I have a turbo that knocks everything over Im gonna bring him back. Also the clowns dont know what to make of the cleaner shrimp I think they might be scared of him lol(maybe becuase they are tank raised?) Watching the shrimp eat is pretty cool hes an aggresive eater when I feed the tank.

I personally don't like hermits and don't keep them cause I always have problems with them knocking frags down.

You could always just play it by ear, maybe keep a few and take a few back. You probably don't really need THAT many hermits anyway!!!

I'm gonna send you some goodies, I'm gonna send you some goodies!!! :happydance::happydance:

Thanks for the info guys I think Ill thin out the hermit population a bit then and just keep 3. I love goodies!!!Cant wait:)

Needreefunds
I personally don't like hermits and don't keep them cause I always have problems with them knocking frags down.

You could always just play it by ear, maybe keep a few and take a few back. You probably don't really need THAT many hermits anyway!!!

I'm gonna send you some goodies, I'm gonna send you some goodies!!! :happydance::happydance:

You gonna send Monk Cookies???!?? :o

:lol:

Today I was cleaning the tank a bit and noticed a couple things. First I found this claw it looks like a baby rock crab claw from when I worked on a lobster boat ..any ideas? Im hoping its just a claw and there isnt a one clawed crab hiding out :mellow:

rockcrab.jpg

When I woke up this morning I had all this little white things on my glass I already had pods Im thinking these are hydroids? after looking at the ID forums.

hydroid.jpg

I returned a couple hermits today and the guy gave me this I thougt it looked kind of cool I didnt really need anything else atm anyhow.

xenia1.jpg

Well thats it for today folks :)

Archived