inTank Media Baskets

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks alot Duncan and thanks to many like you I was able to get the info I needed to get into this great Hobby!

paired.jpg

If you are interested next pic shows my female note the spots on her under carriage the male has none.

female.jpg

Those really are the most incredible looking creatures imaginable, and SO photogenic. Very interesting shot of the ventral surface--which spots are you talking about? The ones on the abdomen? Base of the tail?

I loved the vid!

fts1.jpg

What a colorful, striking assemblage! I love your rockwork--so open and full of relief. And those frags are super. Looks like you even got some of Weetie's encrusting gorg, which I've lusted after since I first saw it. :D Splendid job!

--Diane

Yep Weeties stuff is fantastico:) Yep the abdoman ...the males have nothing on the underside there is just white lol I found this out the hard way when I had two females and they werent playing nice together I might add. It was kind of funny they would thrust there bodies at eachother then both run opposite ways lol. They never hurt eachother though. When I put this male in they bonded within 5 hours very peaceful critters I might add.

I Have a beautiful blue female if anyone wants it I have her in a 5g tank atm.

This is her here.

h2.jpg

Also if ya dont have the stomach to feed it starfish what ya can do is let her eat like two legs then throw the star in the refugium til it regenerates.

:blush: I still would have trouble with that...:blush:

I'm just going to have to get my harley fix vicariously through your tank...

I'm sure someone will jump at your offer!

--D

I'd consider getting her, but I don't know if I have a good place to keep her at the moment.

Are they sensitive or difficult to take care of, other than feeding them starfish?

Do they have to have a mate, or do they do okay on their own?

They are fine on their own although they do like a snuggle buddy. Care is super easy throw a star in there once a month will be gone in like three weeks then dont feed her for like a week then repeat. The great thing is unl;ike other shrimp they dont agitate anything in the tank they keep to themselves.

They are fine on their own although they do like a snuggle buddy. Care is super easy throw a star in there once a month will be gone in like three weeks then dont feed her for like a week then repeat. The great thing is unl;ike other shrimp they dont agitate anything in the tank they keep to themselves.

Hmm, I'm thinking...

SeeDemTails

If you want you could add a little to the left side, maybe you could do a ledge that would still give you open space under it but a place to put corals on the side of the tank.

do you guys think i should add anymore rock on the left or anything?

DSCN1204.jpg

+1 on Seedemtails "ledge" idea. perfect.

Monk.. if for some reason Weetie, doesnt take the harly.. i might be interested.. but I will Always wait until she decided as she was the first interested.

:blush: I still would have trouble with that... :blush:

I'm just going to have to get my harley fix vicariously through your tank...

I'm sure someone will jump at your offer!

--D

Love this tank and who can argue with such beauty, though I agree on the sentiment. I also read that some people keep stars in a separate tank and cut off limbs to feed the shrimp while the stars regenerate lost appendages. But, I suppose it would be difficult for stars to regenerate in a home aquarium. Any thoughts on the matter?

If you want you could add a little to the left side, maybe you could do a ledge that would still give you open space under it but a place to put corals on the side of the tank.

Itheing thats a great idea Ill see what kind of rock pieces I can find.

do you guys think i should add anymore rock on the left or anything?

DSCN1204.jpg

I'm sure you could do a nice job on any addition, but I also think it looks very, very nice as is.

Love this tank and who can argue with such beauty, though I agree on the sentiment. I also read that some people keep stars in a separate tank and cut off limbs to feed the shrimp while the stars regenerate lost appendages. But, I suppose it would be difficult for stars to regenerate in a home aquarium. Any thoughts on the matter?

Yeah, true stars are supposed to be hard enough to keep in a small tank w/o maiming them. I think you can't have it "both ways."

--Diane

Thanks for the input guys:)

These shrimp are a blast to watch they play all kind of games like riding the snails and floating from the top of the tank to the botton its pretty funny.

mo.jpg

Well I was getting a starfish today for the Harlequins and decided to trade one of my false clowns for an all orange false clown I dont know much about these except its tank bred and false like the other. I thought it was different asw Ive never seen one but mnaybe its pretty common?

ooc1.jpg

ooc2.jpg

lunchtime.jpg

singmealullaby

that's the first time I've ever seen an all orange clown :o . Looks cool. I'm diggin your tank build by the way, it's looking real good.

That, my friend, is called a Naked Clown (Yes, really!), and they are typically a little more expensive, so if you got a straight trade for an Ocellaris you got a good deal.

Bigwavedave

You could add another bridge to the rocks at the left to give it balance. Although I am not sure balance is in your nature.

I think it looks awesome the way it is.

Dave

Archived