Pod Your Reef

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

disaster999

well he does have 3 blue bulbs one 1 white one so i think its really that blue.

thats some really interesting colors on your rocks.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope its not that blue in person at all but I dont know how to make my damned camera get the right colors!!! Im ready to throw this piece of &%$# camera out the window lol.

Ok Im editing I found a menu option called white balance that seemed to have made it better. Here are some pice although I just adjusted a few things so its a bit cloudy.

FTS:

DSCN0791.jpg

DSCN0792.jpg

Snail(not sure if hes gonna make it since I moved everything but I hope so cuz hes a seriuos workhorse it seems.

DSCN0788.jpg

Heres some close ups I stil dont know wtf Im doing with the camera but you can kinda see there is stuff growing on the rock hopefully it makes it.

1234.jpg

123.jpg

Im not an electrician can anyone give me a link ti this switches I need for my ballasts . This is a shot with no actinics on.

noact.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Not sure if Im reading these correctly or how accurate this brand is but heres my first test 3 days after setup. They forget to include my LSD diy kit wtf?

Temp: 79.6

pH : 7.8

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0

Nitrate: 0

Calcium? (off the charts lol)

Carbonate Hardness: 161.1

Phosphate: 0

t1-1.jpg

t2-1.jpg

t3.jpg

Hmmm I am loving this build. I may have to PM you some questions because this would be a great thing to make as my prop tank in my classroom with my 20L that I have...

noobofreefs

Wow, I wish I had the guts to attempt a DIY on that scale. But a 13 year old+any kind of saw+some crazy wiring+installing lights in hood+anything else= house in ashes :rolleyes: Ah well

NOR

PS doesn't your card for ammonia say something about fresh on it? Just wondering because it looks a lot like the colors for my FW ammonia readings but I don't use API for saltwater so it could be completely different.

Yep now that Im looking at I think your right Disaster.

Anything I can do to help Tangboy Id be more than happy.

Thnaks alot Grower :)

Lol Noobo and nope its SW.

noobofreefs

Woops now that I look at I was lookng at nitrites and nitrite cards are usually the same for fresh and saltwater. Duh! :P I like the crab, the shells cool. I can't wait to see everything in it!

NOR

She is beautiful! I love her little curls, such a cutie!

I think she's gonna be another Nicole Kidman! She is precious!

BTW, I love this tank! following along patiently.... ;)

Not sure xxReid but I had all the building materials so pretty much cost of skimmer,lights and pump,rock and sand.

Yep the little one is so much fun shes really getting a kick out of this whole thing.

So what do you guys recommend I start with for corals that is?

Not sure xxReid but I had all the building materials so pretty much cost of skimmer,lights and pump,rock and sand.

Yep the little one is so much fun shes really getting a kick out of this whole thing.

So what do you guys recommend I start with for corals that is?

Monk,

Looking great.. I have a curly headed boy at home a little younger than your girl. Maybe they should meet.

HA..

the colors on your LR are already ridiculous, its only going to get better.

i started my tank with a nice stalk of candy canes, and they have grown great just in the short time they have been in.. also added a Ricordea and branching frogspawn..

That is the beauty of the hobby.. so many choices.

Will be watching to see what you decide on.

Lookin good.

Well Im all excited I got a shrimp today:) I wanted the harlequin shrimp they had there but they said Id have to constantly buy stars for him to eat. They said this skunk cleaner was a peacful shrimp and I thought he looked kind of cool, wasn't cheap though it cost 18 dollars.

s1-1.jpg

s2.jpg

Yeah, $18 isn't bad at all, they're much more expensive here.

Your little girl is ADORABLE!!!! :wub:

I think mushrooms, zoas, ricordia, GSP, candycanes, cloves, daisy polyps and pretty much any softie would all be great starter corals. I might be able to put a good pack together for you since I'm getting ready to send out stuff soon anyway.

Archived