Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Monk's 20L

Monkfish

At HD, they have spray-texture in the paint dept. that would likely work for the finish you are after. Apply the texture, let dry, then paint over. :)

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found some thanks Holdor. Originally I went to a smaller Home Depot and they didnt have it but I found some yesterday.

Thanks Flemming,Johnathan and mferrufino . Im not sure what Im putting in it yet I have an Icecap T5 retrofit 4x24. Not sure what all I can keep with that lighting Ill start with Zoos and mushrooms I suppose and Id like to get a jawfish. Other than that no idea...any suggestions?

Well I built Super Mario land in my tank today in hopes that when I eventually get a jawfish he might use the piping instead of burrowing here there and everywhere…we shall see.

Pics:

DSCN0733.jpg

DSCN0729.jpg

DSCN0731.jpg

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0734.jpg

(Santa I just want Daddy to finish the tank already)Daughter getting very impatient to get fish and I don’t even have water in the new tank yet lol :)

DSCN0564.jpg

Looking rad! I dig the setup and the tunnel in the substrate.

That live rock looks quite familiar. I have some of the same stuff, only larger chunks. (I'd rather have smaller pieces like yours) Most of the coraline bleached out, but is coming back primarily purple. A bit of green is staying, the orange stays orange, if it is in a shadow I noticed, but most of it is turning purple, lavender and red. Very impressive. I look forward to seeing how yours matures!

That's some great DIY awesomeness, but I'm confused as to where you're keeping the rocks. Do you have another tank? or is this in non-sequential order?

Yeah well originally I started a 10g but decided to build this 20 instead before going any further. So all my rock is just curing and what not in the 10g at the moment. Kinda works out cuz I can watch the live rock sprout new things well Im waiting on finishing the 20.

I will be following this thread for awhile for inspiration for a 20L prop tank. I like your overflow system etc, looks great.

Great start! Love all the diy work with the setup. Any ETA's on when you're going to get this tank up and running? Cuz we need pics... and we need them now :D

Lol hopefully saturday or sunday. I havnt been able to paint cabinet becuase of rain.

A REAL reefer wouldn't let a little rain stop them, sheesh!!!

J/K. ;)

That is tobacco of course what else!! Yeah truth is Weetie I started drinking beers and didnt feel like sanding on the one sunny day we had lol. I need to get it done though becuase Ill be working full blown again in another two weeks or so.

Nice looking AIO. You'll love the Tunze nano skimmer. I bought one for my tank and I like how well it works and how quiet it is.

Quick question I have a mini compact bulb to put here (where circled)will it be enough for a 7x4x10 refugium?

l21.jpg

the bulb replacement:

mcp.jpg

Archived