Innovative Marine Aquariums

** 10 gallon Hat - lots of pics just uploaded**

bzphotog

Awesome AIO! I was actually gonna follow your build for my tank, but ended up modding an AC70 instead. Btw, great shots. What kind of camera do you use?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bzphotog

• latteslave

• Kirin1

• xxReidxx

looks great....vancouver you say? why havn't I seen this build on canreef?

lol because I didnt know it existed. I will look into this thanks

i love the rock work, how many lbs. is that?

thank you. its about 7 lbs nice and pourus.

new addition

scooter B

3467908669_901a0d10ae.jpg

no problems with frozen brine and cyclopeze. ;)

this is it at night. buried in the sand watching

Edited by bzphotog
  • 2 weeks later...
that crabs an emrald crab or a relative.

this one is a hitch hiker relative mithrax crab, so far no problems with it and its growing well.

Did you buy your rock from JL as well? What type is it? They're my only resource here in the prairies for uncured live. :P

I got some of it at JL its really good stuff, i go to their store about once a week to see whats new. I think its Jakarta but you will have to check with the store as im sure the stock changes. they also sell it off pretty fast so you may catch them on empty but they always restock as soon as they can.

B

found an Asterina star very cool. I thought I was done seeing new hitch hikers but 3 months later I am still finding something new. Its really true when you read in the Tank of the month and people always say enjoy each stage of your tank. my tank being so new has gone through a few different stages especially regarding the prodominant micro organisms. so i am still enjoying.

anyways thanks for the 12000+ views and I hope you are enjoying your tanks.

bzphotog

• 3 weeks later...

some updates

on the run but in what direction

3621446940_e9474d8767_o.jpg

exiting the tube

3621446888_aacaa3580a_o.jpg

my YCG

3621446776_1587716c50_o.jpg

my new Rhodactis

3620629429_e911ce2f62_o.jpg

this crab is still my original hitchiker, its a mithrax type of crab but not emeralrd

3620629351_39664a5f9e_o.jpg

ycg again

3621446700_03d436efb9_o.jpg

scooter B

3621446660_d0aec00e4a_o.jpg

open with the crown

3621446636_e7ec0d4bb1_o.jpg

fts

3621446530_d654c8a6e2_o.jpg

brittle

3621446484_6d9c4cfdd0_o.jpg

3620629051_324db52726_o.jpg

enjoy

I am loving your tank! that's pretty cool that your brittle star is out like that. Mine just stick their tentacles out of the rocks.

That pic of the scooter just looking out is my fav!

I am loving your tank! that's pretty cool that your brittle star is out like that. Mine just stick their tentacles out of the rocks.

That pic of the scooter just looking out is my fav!

Thanks,

my brittle actually does what yours does most of the time. its really rare for it to actually come and strut around.

• 6 months later...
The EMT strap with conduit pipe 1/2 \\\".

3469687332_9076294407_o.jpg

half way there

3469687292_abdd99bb81_o.jpg

the light detail.

3468874537_307089ef99_o.jpg

The light pivots off to the left so it leaves the tank open for maintenace. I cant believe how much easier this has made doing anything on the tank.

3468874431_a710d3fcb0_o.jpg

Finished product. pivots back over the tank.

3469687408_ca4964a759_o.jpg

This is an enclosure for 50/50 PC bulbs that are running 40 watts. I will be replacing these with a 4x24 t5 unit but will still be able to use the pendant with the new light.

The wires will be covered up by a plastic wrap that is used for cars but keeps it all neat and covered and the wires that are used for hanging will be clipped to clean it up.

How did you get that nice bend in the conduit? Looks great! I think I'm going to do this on my 20 Long.

BTW Awesome pictures!

How did you get that nice bend in the conduit? Looks great! I think I'm going to do this on my 20 Long.

BTW Awesome pictures!

Thanks scubasteve, the bends come from a pipe bender, my friend is an electrician so he know his stuff. However, I tried it and its not very hard to do. I think they cost around 20 bucks but make sure you get one for the thickness of your conduit.

I used a 1/2 inch pipe. you could bend it by hand but the corners would be harsher. and I think you have to start your bend about 3" sooner as the pipe bender needs 6" to make the corner.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some new photos for you all.

4404919310_7005c1dcdb_o.jpg

4404919560_862f8598c3_o.jpg

4404919824_42eab811de_o.jpg

4404920072_fe52f90b33_o.jpg

Ill post more in a bit

The clown goby was a tough one to get to eat. When I got it it was pretty hungry looking with the classic sunken in stomach I see this all to often. So what I did was... turn off the pumps so the food is easier to get for it. Take cyclopeez and a cut in half garlic clove and squeezed the juice into the ceeze that was in a vial with the tanks water. At this point the fish is too scared and weak to chase food.

The fish would eat some pieces very seldomly but it ate and over a week I guess it got strong enough to comeout and eat larger pieces in garlic water such as bloodworms and brine shrimp. The trick was to use small pieces at first.

two weeks later its full and competing with food. often out competing my yellow tail damsel.

three weeks later its chasing food with the circulation pumps on. So I think it will stick around for a while now.

Edited by bzphotog
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey I have a yellowtail damsel and a green clown goby.

How did it work when you had the clown and the green clown goby? I was thinking of adding a goby with my perc, but I wasn't sure how it would go over with 'Nemo' :P