Coral Vue Hydros

** 10 gallon Hat - lots of pics just uploaded**

bzphotog

New FTS, after seeing so many awesome rockscapes I had to change mine around. Now I am a lot happier with this one. the rocks are off the glass and now there are way more spots for frags.

What you think?

3391122488_cf2e6681bc_o.jpg

3390310539_93bc7a64ff_o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bzphotog

• latteslave

• Kirin1

• xxReidxx

Love the new aquascape - Lot of room to play. At the very top it looks like something is hanging off - is that a coral?

I did check out things with a flashlight and there are a few more little buggers running around.

BTW the Frogspawn and Xenia are AWESOME! I have to say that I like that new zoa frag - color is sweet...

Love the new aquascape - Lot of room to play. At the very top it looks like something is hanging off - is that a coral?

I did check out things with a flashlight and there are a few more little buggers running around.

BTW the Frogspawn and Xenia are AWESOME! I have to say that I like that new zoa frag - color is sweet...

Thanks

ya the top is a mushroom attached to some rubble it just sits there or gets knocked off. Night time is a good time for randon critters.

So I got some 1/2" conduit to start bending for my pendant CF light. first I have to make a new enclosure for the bulbs.

The zoas and paly is growing in pretty well I think. These are growing under 20 watt 50/50 x 2 CF screw in lights. At this point I dont dose anything extra. I use seachem reef salt every week with a 1 gallon water change.

March 13

3351791651_c3a0dba04e.jpg

April 13

3439680573_338a9a28dd_o.jpg

After 3 weeks

3440494096_e7b03633ce_o.jpg

3439680449_573430b33f_o.jpg

Looks great i say, very nice photography! what camera you use?

thanks everyone for commenting and looking. I use a canon 40D with a macro tube and 50mm.

Edited by bzphotog

Just got a chance to jump back in and look - did you get the lights up?

The pics are great - if you ever get really tired of having those zoas in the tank you can always ship them to me...

:D

Besides with the growth already - you will have more than enough to spare.

Haha, luckily its not me. "rowdy"?

I just thought it was funny.

Check this one i got as a hh too.

imgp0723f.jpg

w3648.png

wow that one is nice, love the rich color.

rowdy is

row·dy (roud)

n. pl. row·dies

A rough, disorderly person.

adj. row·di·er, row·di·est

Disorderly; rough: rowdy teenagers; a rowdy beer party.

Great looking tank and fantastic pictures. I like your current aquascape, it suits the tank really well.

Hey thanks

I like the scape too. More 'shelves' for corals (not a money saving move lol. Im not really using them that well at the moment cause everything is growing out on my small frag rack. I can post a pic if anyone wants to see it.

The EMT strap with conduit pipe 1/2 \\\".

3469687332_9076294407_o.jpg

half way there

3469687292_abdd99bb81_o.jpg

the light detail.

3468874537_307089ef99_o.jpg

The light pivots off to the left so it leaves the tank open for maintenace. I cant believe how much easier this has made doing anything on the tank.

3468874431_a710d3fcb0_o.jpg

Finished product. pivots back over the tank.

3469687408_ca4964a759_o.jpg

This is an enclosure for 50/50 PC bulbs that are running 40 watts. I will be replacing these with a 4x24 t5 unit but will still be able to use the pendant with the new light.

The wires will be covered up by a plastic wrap that is used for cars but keeps it all neat and covered and the wires that are used for hanging will be clipped to clean it up.

Edited by bzphotog
  • 2 weeks later...