SaltCritters.com

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

I was thinking of the Koralia Wavemaker setup, but I think the Vortech MP20 would be better. I like the pulse mode I saw on youtube in a small tank.

I take it just the return pump with hydor flo and the MP20 right? Any videos you could possibly do? How do you have your controller setup for the MP20?

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking of the Koralia Wavemaker setup, but I think the Vortech MP20 would be better. I like the pulse mode I saw on youtube in a small tank.

I take it just the return pump with hydor flo and the MP20 right? Any videos you could possibly do? How do you have your controller setup for the MP20?

Yep, just the MP20, and the Hydor Flo on the return. I have the MP20 on "short pulse" mode right now. I have about a 1" wave... Just right! I switch between the short pulse mode, and reef crest mode every few days! Also, at 10pm every night the Vortech switched to night mode for 10 hours.

If I get my other camera back, I'll try to get a video. My DSLR doesn't shoot videos.

wow love the new frags!acans look healthy,and that pompom crab is great! :)

Thanks bro... They really aren't much compared to the frags you throw in that tank of yours!!!

I love the Pom Pom as well... He just doesn't come out much!

How much more flow or how would you describe the flow compared to your Koralia setup? Does this thing move water throughout the whole tank as described?

The more elaborate you can be on the details the better off I'll be at convincing my wife to let me get one, LOL.

With my 2 Nano's the flow is almost perfect, but not quite. With the Koralia 1 previously it was to much in some areas, well I guess because I have more rock then you.

Well...

In short pulse (wave) mode, yes, it moves water throught the whole tank! I see things in the very back of the tank swaying in the current that I've never seen move at all.

IMO, the biggest improvement over the Koralias I had, was how randomized you can get the flow with the Vortech. Specifically reef crest mode.

Sorry I suck so bad at describing this bro!!! -_-

Let me know if you have any other questions!

How much more flow or how would you describe the flow compared to your Koralia setup? Does this thing move water throughout the whole tank as described?

The more elaborate you can be on the details the better off I'll be at convincing my wife to let me get one, LOL.

With my 2 Nano's the flow is almost perfect, but not quite. With the Koralia 1 previously it was to much in some areas, well I guess because I have more rock then you.

Meh....You are not really describing the MP20 well at all David.

Please just send that to me for testing, kthnks.

:P

Very sweet frags there Sir.

Can I haz yur vortex pweez? :happy:

Good stuff buddy, I just dropped by to envy and I will go away now. B)

Your helping! How fast do you have the MP20 set to in either mode?

In short pulse mode I have it @ 100%... In reef crest I have it @ about 75%...

Meh....You are not really describing the MP20 well at all David.

Please just send that to me for testing, kthnks.

:P

Very sweet frags there Sir.

Can I haz yur vortex pweez? :happy:

Good stuff buddy, I just dropped by to envy and I will go away now. B)

USENDRSMISENDVORTECH.

K?

BYE!

WOW where are you getting all these bad a// frags from zoas and sps! can't wait to see the new tank and aquascape! All your sps frags make me feel like i need to get on the ball and pick up some more frags!

Kewl thanks David. I know you like more flow then I like and your 100% and 75% gives me an idea where to start out with mine and fine tune from there.

Congrats on the solana you will love it! Can't wait to see it in all it's glory!:)

Bro... Don't put the pressure on me to make it how it was when it was YOURS!!! ;) You set the bar pretty damn high Jayson! Thanks again buddy! Now get movin' on your upgrade!!!

WOW where are you getting all these bad a// frags from zoas and sps! can't wait to see the new tank and aquascape! All your sps frags make me feel like i need to get on the ball and pick up some more frags!

Are you kidding!?!? Your tank is what I hope my new one turns out like!!! Stunning!!!

Kewl thanks David. I know you like more flow then I like and your 100% and 75% gives me an idea where to start out with mine and fine tune from there.

That's the kewl thing 'bout the Vortech... You can dial it in to suit your needs!!!

Dooo Eehhttt!!!

thegrandpoohbah
I want this tank to turn out much better than my NC24... We shall see.

I'm not sure that's even possible. A little better maybe.

Wow, the tank looks great! I cant wait until my tank gains some color and everything grows!

Thanks for stopping by my pico thread, I missed that whole conversation :P

Just went through whole thread and it's awesome man! lemme know if you need to dump some xenia sometime :) or any frags! my tank is ready finally!. The 24 is awesome and i have no doubt the 34 will be too!!

I'm glad you really like that vortec, sweet B-Day present! Have you noticed any difference in the growth or behavior in your corals and fish from it? When is that LR supposed to be at your doorstep? They are sure taking their time on shipping, or did you decide to go another route?

Wow, the tank looks great! I cant wait until my tank gains some color and everything grows!

Thanks for stopping by my pico thread, I missed that whole conversation :P

Thanks Lizzie!!! That little Pico you set up is great. I love it!

Just went through whole thread and it's awesome man! lemme know if you need to dump some xenia sometime :) or any frags! my tank is ready finally!. The 24 is awesome and i have no doubt the 34 will be too!!

Thanks for taking the time bro! -_-

I have some ORA Green Birdsnest frags right now! Too bad you are in Spokane... My Xenia is on it's way out. :angry: I started dosing Vitamin C a while back, and I don't think Xenia is too fond of it! That, and the increased flow in the tank...

I'm glad you really like that vortec, sweet B-Day present! Have you noticed any difference in the growth or behavior in your corals and fish from it? When is that LR supposed to be at your doorstep? They are sure taking their time on shipping, or did you decide to go another route?

I have noticed better polyp extension on a lot of things! My rics are bigger than they have ever been for sure!!! :happydance:

Rock from John @ reefcleaners.org should be here any day. I sent an email to him yesterday, and he says it should have been delivered by now. Oh well... No hurry!!!

I did get my MP20 "dry box" for the Solana. This will allow me to put the dry side in the back middle chamber of my tank. I will have no wire, or pumps on the side of the new tank! :happydance:

2-24-09008.jpg

2-24-09009.jpg

2-24-09011.jpg

Not my tank, but this is what the dry box will allow me to do!

after3.jpg

Are you excited? Get excited. I am so excited! :haha: can... not... wait... for...the... transfer. Must... be....patient... :blink:

Simmer down...

Yes, I'm starting to get excited now! :haha:

Although I'm a little nervous 'bout the transfer!!! :scarry:

I'm closely watching to see how that dry box works for you. I'd love to get my Vortech off the side. Good luck and keep us posted!

Nick's Reef

David, finally I'm able to upgrade, it's a 40 breeder. I have a link in my sig. Don't have tank yet but will next week at this time! :) Oh ur tank looks good as well!

I'm curious about something.

Other than the fact that it's a cool thing to be able to do, what is the real point of the Night Mode on the Vortech?

I've never heard of slower flow at night being of benefit to reef tanks.

Mebbe I needs more edumacation. :wacko:

Archived