Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davidr2340

5-31-09022.jpg

I finally got around to fraggin' my Hammer!

5-31-09023.jpg

Poor Plate is not doing well at all... :tears:

5-31-09024.jpg

Green W/ Purple rim cap doing well...

5-31-09026.jpg

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3172.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

IMG_3175.jpg

Right side...

5-30-09022.jpg

FTS... A crappy one at best. Sorry for the glare

5-30-09021.jpg

5-30-09020.jpg

B)

davidr2340
Great Pics. The hammer is beautiful. How long ago did you frag it?

Thanks!!!

It's been 'bout 12hrs. now. That picture was about 2hrs. after fragging...

NanoReefNovice

Oooo

Aaaa

tanks a little thinned out but still looking good. B)

Those shrooms are taking off :) , but ever what happened to your huge ass xena? :unsure:

davidr2340
Oooo

Aaaa

tanks a little thinned out but still looking good. B)

Those shrooms are taking off :) , but ever what happened to your huge ass xena? :unsure:

Xenia is gone... Once I added the Vortech, Xenia started slowly fading away! I have a few random heads left that migrated on their own though!

The shrooms are rockin' now that they is gettin some rays without the "Xenia Clouds" above 'em!!! :lol:

Hi, first of all, beautiful tank (both of um, can't wait to see your solana thread)! I also have a NC24. I have a few questions for you.

What do you dose, and how often?

What fishes do you have right now?

I also have a rebel xsi (i think i read that you got one in here somewhere), what are your settings when taking your pictures, and what lens are you using? My pictures keep coming out whitish (not sure if thats the best way to describe). A lot of light, and not much color.

Thanks a bunch, and looking forward to more pictures!

davidr2340
Hi, first of all, beautiful tank (both of um, can't wait to see your solana thread)! I also have a NC24. I have a few questions for you.

What do you dose, and how often?

What fishes do you have right now?

I also have a rebel xsi (i think i read that you got one in here somewhere), what are your settings when taking your pictures, and what lens are you using? My pictures keep coming out whitish (not sure if thats the best way to describe). A lot of light, and not much color.

THANK-YOU!!! -_-

I dose the MG, CA, and ALK using the Bulk Reef Supply stuff. I really like it, and in the lone run it will save a ton of money over E.S.V. B-Ionic 2 part! I dose 20ml of each daily...

There are no longer any fish in the NC24. I moved my 2 mis bar clowns over to the Solana this past weekend! So far, they love their new home! :happy:

I do have an XSi, but I rarely use it for macro shots! FTS I use it though... For macro shots I use my Canon SD450 P&S.

What I do with the XSi is, shoot in TV mode. I usually adjust the ISO, and something else that I can't think of at the moment! :huh: Anyway, just play around with the different setting, and take TONS of shots. The good thing is, if you don't like how they turn out, you can just delete 'em!

Hope I helped a bit...

B)

Sorry for a bit of a jack, but I can't help myself with photography questions...

So, the whited out images you're talking about are probably due to over-exposure. Find out how to change your "metering mode" and switch it to include the widest area possible. Also, don't use on-camera flash (it will probably pop up in Auto-mode). Shoot in Aperture or Shutter priority modes.

davidr2340
Great!

Thank you!

You're welcome!

Thanks for that. Great link - guaranteed to become useful. :)

Great place it is!!! :happy:

After posting on KG's new JBJ thread I had to come take a look at your tank - Sweet!

How long have you had the Sunpod (at least I assume it is) on the tank? I recently put a Nova Pro Extreme on mine and am getting some good colors from my corals now except for theunhappy shrooms.

Symbiotic

After posting on KG's new JBJ thread I had to come take a look at your tank - Sweet!

How long have you had the Sunpod (at least I assume it is) on the tank? I recently put a Nova Pro Extreme on mine and am getting some good colors from my corals now except for theunhappy shrooms.

Symbiotic

Thanks!

I've had the Sunpod for about a year now... I think? :mellow: Yeah, about a year!

blue hornets!!!

Damn you drunk bastid!!! :haha:

Just for that post, you must send me frags!!! :mellow:

Serious.

David,

I just finished reading your whole thread and I must say, this thread is the NC BIBLE! I have gained so much information on how to maintain the tank with the easy setup you have used. I'm currently on a low budget now since I bought my NC on Tuesday so I'm slowly saving up to buy the MJ 1200/ HyderFLO, StevieT's 5w L.E.D and poly filter, Koralia Nano, and all the other supplies needed.( bucket, tube, turkey baster, digi temp, etc) I wanted to thank you again for such an awesome thread that has given me the confidence and FULL knowledge now to run my NC. I'll probably be starting my tank thread once I start my cycle in about 2-3 weeks if I have all supplies needed by then. Hopefully over time it will look like yours one day! :D

Question though: How do you get your cheato? LFS?

THANKS AGAIN! I'm going to start reading your Solana thread now haha! :lol:

David,

I just finished reading your whole thread and I must say, this thread is the NC BIBLE! I have gained so much information on how to maintain the tank with the easy setup you have used. I'm currently on a low budget now since I bought my NC on Tuesday so I'm slowly saving up to buy the MJ 1200/ HyderFLO, StevieT's 5w L.E.D and poly filter, Koralia Nano, and all the other supplies needed.( bucket, tube, turkey baster, digi temp, etc) I wanted to thank you again for such an awesome thread that has given me the confidence and FULL knowledge now to run my NC. I'll probably be starting my tank thread once I start my cycle in about 2-3 weeks if I have all supplies needed by then. Hopefully over time it will look like yours one day! :D

Question though: How do you get your cheato? LFS?

THANKS AGAIN! I'm going to start reading your Solana thread now haha! :lol:

:happy: Wow! Thanks for taking the time to read through all this muddle!!! If you ever have any questions about setting up your tank... you know where to find me!

I got my Chaeto for free from a local reefer. He has a 240 gallon tank, so the small hunk of it he gave me didn't hurt him much! :lol:

Thanks again!

:happy: Wow! Thanks for taking the time to read through all this muddle!!! If you ever have any questions about setting up your tank... you know where to find me!

I got my Chaeto for free from a local reefer. He has a 240 gallon tank, so the small hunk of it he gave me didn't hurt him much! :lol:

Thanks again!

You seem to have quite a few local hookups ehh? haha, I need to start searching, I'm so dumb, I just rememberd I have a very good who has a 100 G so I can deff ask him! If not, another buddy of mine works at a LFS down the block.

Thanks again, I'll be sure to ask you first if I ever have any questions.

Actually I just though of one lol. What order do you set up your first chamber as far as the poly filter and sponge?

Locals is the way to go bro!!! B)

My first chamber has, from bottom to top: Stock sponge cut in half (rinsed out weekly), Chemi-pure Elite, and then filter floss on the top.

Finally bout time i checked your little big thread out. Great job on your success with the bc. More beer plz :)

Archived