Coral Vue Hydros

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

NanoReefNovice
OK David....That's It!! :angry:

We are gonna trade. You and me buddy..... and YOU WILL SHIP!!!!!

:lol:

Really. I'm up for it. Lets give it a try, OK??

I'll even mail ya a box if you want, all set to go, so you can see what it looks like. Or, better yet, ( DUH.... ) I'll ship first, you see da box-n-stuff, Then you send a frag back to me in same box! ( see how I did the math there peeps?? :D Cheese-n-rice I is slow sometimes.....) :P

I know you can do it.

You can do this one trade and ship with zero worries about getting flamed by the other party ( me ) lol.

OK, OK, no more pressure. NONE really. If you want to give it a try, I am willing. ;)

I'll shut up now. ..hmmmm, you did want one of those orange Yumas of mine , Mirite? :lol:

hehe, that should get him. Yup hook, line, sinker! :lol::lol:

AAAA.. he got you :lol:

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
Thank-you very much! That means a lot!!!

omgomgomg

I HATE RICHIE!!!

Ok bro... You're on!!!

I just don't want to trouble you in any way! -_-

It's no trouble, really. After we do this you will feel much more confident I'm sure and then you will be tradin'and sellin' like crazy :P

So tell me, it was the Yuma that did it wasn't it? :happy:

--Richie

AAAA.. he got you :lol:

:lol: see what I did there?? :lol:

Didn't even take the bait, jumped right in the boat!! :D

It's no trouble, really. After we do this you will feel much more confident I'm sure and then you will be tradin'and sellin' like crazy :P

So tell me, it was the Yuma that did it wasn't it? :happy:

--Richie--

:lol: see what I did there?? :lol:

Didn't even take the bait, jumped right in the boat!! :D

omgomgomg

TWAS THE YUMA BRO!!! -_-

NanoReefNovice
It's been a while since I added any half assed pics...

I was about to ask but i thought i should give you time to get tha solana going. :lol:

Awesome pics bro. ;) Drinkin the Nectar IPA at tha moment. :D

I was about to ask but i thought i should give you time to get tha solana going. :lol:

Awesome pics bro. ;) Drinkin the Nectar IPA at tha moment. :D

I figured you'd be the one askin'!!! -_-

Mmmm... IPA!!! B)

Needreefunds
omgomgomg

TWAS THE YUMA BRO!!! -_-

omgomgomg

:o

:angry: I forgot you wanted the Yuma!!! :angry:

I didn't send that.... :tears: :tears:

gotcha. :happy:

Beautiful pieces my man!

You really do have some awesome stuff David! Geebus!

omgomgomg

:o

:angry: I forgot you wanted the Yuma!!! :angry:

I didn't send that.... :tears: :tears:

gotcha. :happy:

Beautiful pieces my man!

You really do have some awesome stuff David! Geebus!

No Yuma... :tears:

:rant: Bastid!!! ;)

Thanks for the kind words... Hopefully some of 'em end up fine and dandy in your tank bro!!!

rachelcb80

David,

I had to come check out your thread and all I can say is "wow". I hope I can post pictures of a tank half this nice in a year or so. Awesome job!

davidr2340
David,

I had to come check out your thread and all I can say is "wow". I hope I can post pictures of a tank half this nice in a year or so. Awesome job!

Why thank-you very much!

-_-

I'm sure yours will be blowing mine away!!!

• 2 weeks later...
:bowdown: :bowdown: HOLLY S>>T bro, your tanks are looking ridiculous and your photos are amazing! makes me want to get a better camera! Man i love the aquascape that is sick i didn't read how you did it, but pm me that man when ever you have time, when i upgrade my tank i want something like that totally amazed keep up the good work!
Needreefunds

update preez kthnksbye

:P

How is everything going buddy?

c'mon, put down the 'gar and home brew for a second and take some pichers will ya?

davidr2340
:bowdown: :bowdown: HOLLY S>>T bro, your tanks are looking ridiculous and your photos are amazing! makes me want to get a better camera! Man i love the aquascape that is sick i didn't read how you did it, but pm me that man when ever you have time, when i upgrade my tank i want something like that totally amazed keep up the good work!

Thank you sooo much bro! I don't view this tank the same way you do I guess!!! The aquascape is just a pile of rocks!!! Four rocks stacked up, and 1 small rock in front.

The Solana is a little better scape... I used acrylic rod to do that!

update preez kthnksbye

:P

How is everything going buddy?

c'mon, put down the 'gar and home brew for a second and take some pichers will ya?

All is goin' well bruddeh!!!

MOAR pichers you ask huh??? Soorry... Busy wit' da cigar and beerz @ the moment!!! :happydance:

You guys git postin' in da Solana threat... kthxby!

TriggerHappyDude

You're smoking cigars and drinking beer? I'm jealous, what kinds?!

Seriously though, more pictures! I need to compare...my tank is starting to get algae!

davidr2340
You're smoking cigars and drinking beer? I'm jealous, what kinds?!

Seriously though, more pictures! I need to compare...my tank is starting to get algae!

YES I AM!!!

Homebrew mainly... As far as cigars go, I like all kinds... Padron, Don Pepin Garcia, Tatuaje... :wub: Another "not so cheap hobby"!!! :haha:

just finished going through all the pages in your thread. Congrats with everything, and you're tank is amazing. I just started cycling mine 3 days ago, so here's my shot at it. I also have the nanocube 24. I'm new to all this but you used the back middle chamber as a fuge? is that easy to do?

davidr2340
just finished going through all the pages in your thread. Congrats with everything, and you're tank is amazing. I just started cycling mine 3 days ago, so here's my shot at it. I also have the nanocube 24. I'm new to all this but you used the back middle chamber as a fuge? is that easy to do?

WOW... You read it all? Thanks so much! :happy:

Yeah, I have Chaeto growing in the back middle chamber. I used this idea to make a fuge light, scraped the black film off the back of the tank, attached the light... Easy as that!

Thanks again!!!

Yup, since I am a newbie, I'm just tryna learn right now and your thread helped. Plus you had some beautiful pictures.

Is it ok to take out everything in the middle chamber while I'm cycling right now? By everything I mean the sponge and activated carbon bag, I took out the bio-balls and ceramic ring bag before i started it. and did you just drop the chaeto in there by itself?

davidr2340
Yup, since I am a newbie, I'm just tryna learn right now and your thread helped. Plus you had some beautiful pictures.

Is it ok to take out everything in the middle chamber while I'm cycling right now? By everything I mean the sponge and activated carbon bag, I took out the bio-balls and ceramic ring bag before i started it. and did you just drop the chaeto in there by itself?

It's totally fine to take everything out of there while you cycle. Once that is done, just drop the Chaeto in there. That is the only thing I have in my middle chamber!

I'm sure once the cycle is done I will be adding the chaeto back there. Does that chaeto ever go into the third chamber?

davidr2340

Mine doesn't any more... But I have a fairly massive clump, so it is pretty compact and doesn't break apart very easily. When I first added it, I had to watch my return pump for peices of it that would end up in the 3rd chamber and clog it up.

Needreefunds
Mine doesn't any more... But I have a fairly massive clump, so it is pretty compact and doesn't break apart very easily. When I first added it, I had to watch my return pump for peices of it that would end up in the 3rd chamber and clog it up.

I took one of the sponges and cut it into slices. Then I wedge a slice in the middle chamber covering the slit and keeping the cheets contained in the fuge area. This is of coarse a maintenance item as the sponge needs to be cleaned regularly. I usually rotate several sponge slices as needed.

Sorry for the partial jack there David, but it was a topic being discussed :D

How is everything here buddy?

davidr2340

I did the same thing bro... Except I use a slice "o" sponge in the very bottom of the first chamber!

Archived