Coral Vue Hydros

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

nice and simple thing to do. I'll just cut out a slice of the middle chamber sponge and use that. thanks for the help guys.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
I did the same thing bro... Except I use a slice "o" sponge in the very bottom of the first chamber!

Why must you always be different?? :angry:

:lol:

Sorry, I failed to mention my fuge is in the middle chamber :P

MJ600 and chemipure in chamber one ( topped with eggcrate for floss- just under intake)

chaeto in chamber two

mj900 and heater in three

FWIW :D

davidr2340
one more question... do you think the stock pump is ok to have? or should i upgrade?

I would upgrade... I use a MJ1200, and have zero complaints!

I would upgrade... I use a MJ1200, and have zero complaints!

another question, sorry I'm learning right now. Can i just put the mj1200 in and connect the old tubing to it? or do i need to mod it?

thanks for answering my questions.

my tank is now in the diatom bloom stage. I'm so tempted to throw in some snails.

davidr2340
another question, sorry I'm learning right now. Can i just put the mj1200 in and connect the old tubing to it? or do i need to mod it?

thanks for answering my questions.

my tank is now in the diatom bloom stage. I'm so tempted to throw in some snails.

No mods needed!

I'd say throw a snail or two in and see what happens bro!

NanoReefNovice
What... ;)

That's solid advice bro!!! I think he's ready!!!

Your advice is always solid man. :happy:

Needreefunds

*hic* *burrrp*

Yap, daass good vice write deer, yupyup.

snail a toss in there an see what hapnz...what ? huh?? :huh:

:P

I have usually used the diatom bloom as my key to go pick up some CUC members.

Time to go crack another Sammy Cherry Wheat and baste the pork shoulder ;)

( I know, not home brew, but best I can do :P )

Cheers fellas- enjoy the weekend!

B)

I wouldn't go with the maxijet 1200 it puts off way too much heat in an already overheated enviroment. Stick with the 900.

davidr2340
*hic* *burrrp*

Yap, daass good vice write deer, yupyup.

snail a toss in there an see what hapnz...what ? huh?? :huh:

:P

I have usually used the diatom bloom as my key to go pick up some CUC members.

Time to go crack another Sammy Cherry Wheat and baste the pork shoulder ;)

( I know, not home brew, but best I can do :P )

Cheers fellas- enjoy the weekend!

B)

Cheers buddeh!!! That cherry wheat Sammy iz purty good!!!

Enjoy the weekend!!!

How far back did I have to go to find the obligatory FTS, you ask? Way too far.... ;)

But, seriously great looking tank you've got and an amazing avatar: made me LOL, thanks :)

Love this pic:

2-22-09019.jpg

davidr2340
How far back did I have to go to find the obligatory FTS, you ask? Way too far.... ;)

But, seriously great looking tank you've got and an amazing avatar: made me LOL, thanks :)

Love this pic:

2-22-09019.jpg

Why thank-you for findin' that!!!

I should get a new one huh?!?! :huh:

Thanks again for the compliments!!! -_-

Yea, it's time. It's always nice to see changes in the tanks since we're essentially always talking about the same things (friendly banter aside), so it's nice to see where things go.

NanoReefNovice

Hey bro, you have any probs w/ your hammer stinging ####? I think my hammer just bleached the crap out of my monti cap. :angry:

i took you advice and i added some snails... and added more lol. i have 2 turbos, 2 nassarius, and 4 margaritas. I don't know if i want crabs of any sort in my tank so I stuck with just snails. Is that enough snails? or should I add more? Levels are good except for my pH is around 7.7.

btw... my LR came with 2 pistol shrimp hitchhikers. They are still alive and doing well so is that a good indication that my tank is doing well also?

davidr2340
Yea, it's time. It's always nice to see changes in the tanks since we're essentially always talking about the same things (friendly banter aside), so it's nice to see where things go.

I'll see what I can dig up!

Hey bro, you have any probs w/ your hammer stinging ####? I think my hammer just bleached the crap out of my monti cap. :angry:

Yep... Fell over on my Acan colony and almost killed the whole colony!!! :angry:

i took you advice and i added some snails... and added more lol. i have 2 turbos, 2 nassarius, and 4 margaritas. I don't know if i want crabs of any sort in my tank so I stuck with just snails. Is that enough snails? or should I add more? Levels are good except for my pH is around 7.7.

btw... my LR came with 2 pistol shrimp hitchhikers. They are still alive and doing well so is that a good indication that my tank is doing well also?

Right on. That sounds like enough snails for the time being!

Your ph seems a tad low... How long had the lights been on when you tested?

Congrats on the pistol hitchikers! I had to pay for mine!!! :angry:;)

Sounds like thing are coming along nicely!!!

i tested the pH in the morning when i wake up, so not much lighting before the test. I heard pH levels are lower in the morning...something along those lines. Is that true?

I'm cycling about 2 and half weeks now with LR and LS. Do you still think it's too early to add fishes? I was hoping to get a yellow watchman to see if it'll pair with one or both of my pistols.

NanoReefNovice
Yep... Fell over on my Acan colony and almost killed the whole colony!!! :angry:

bummer -_-

Ive put mine it up in a corner like in your tank to hopefully limit its reach.

<_<

davidr2340
i tested the pH in the morning when i wake up, so not much lighting before the test. I heard pH levels are lower in the morning...something along those lines. Is that true?

I'm cycling about 2 and half weeks now with LR and LS. Do you still think it's too early to add fishes? I was hoping to get a yellow watchman to see if it'll pair with one or both of my pistols.

I'd wait a bit longer for the fish...

I believe your correct... It'll be lower in the morning before the lights come on. Test in the evening after the light have been on a while and see where you're at.

bummer -_-

Ive put mine it up in a corner like in your tank to hopefully limit its reach.

<_<

Good idea bro...

I just fragged mine for the first time today, and moved the rest over to the Solana!!!

NanoReefNovice
Good idea bro...

I just fragged mine for the first time today, and moved the rest over to the Solana!!!

:o *scrambles over to solana thread*

Archived