Pod Your Reef

davidr2340's NC24 DX...

davidr2340

Have a couple friends come over and lift the old one out of the way for you.

Hmm... Might not be a bad idea at all!

Thanks!!!

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea bud, while doing a water change, and the level is lower, slide the 24 towards the bathroom as far as it will go, then slip the Solana in place. Den ya just gotta deal with the 24 blocking the bathroom door for a month or so :P

( BTW, dont forget to refill the 24 :lol: )

JMO. :)

Are you working on the, you know....the thing? :huh:

;)

yea bud, while doing a water change, and the level is lower, slide the 24 towards the bathroom as far as it will go, then slip the Solana in place. Den ya just gotta deal with the 24 blocking the bathroom door for a month or so :P

( BTW, dont forget to refill the 24 :lol: )

JMO. :)

Are you working on the, you know....the thing? :huh:

;)

Oh hai.

Serious, you think I/we can just "slide" it??? :huh: I hope so... omgomgomg

Yessir... Ordered a gem or two from here today. :ninja:

Also, just ordered fourty pound of reef rock from John @ Reef cleaners... :happydance:

Man, I called BRS today to check when they are going to get more of the other Eco Rox in... He said "months"!!! Oh well...

Oh hai.

Hi

Possible?? :huh: .....Let me say this, I slide my 12 all the time- on carpet mind you and the bottom of my stand is flat ( no little legs.) I can move my 12 full when I need to. If yur really thinking of trying this, I would suggest trying to lower the water by half if possible, shimmy over and refill. I do this by myself with the 12, maybe have someone hold the tank/stand while you shimmy from the stand lower if ya follow.

Obviously this is just a suggestion, shimmy at yur own risk! :P Only you know what you have there and if its really possible. :scarry:

cool!

Also, just ordered fourty pound of reef rock from John @ Reef cleaners... :happydance:

John da man!

Man, I called BRS today to check when they are going to get more of the other Eco Rox in... He said "months"!!! Oh well...

Wow! Months? I must have gotten lucky huh? I wonder if they are now in the same boat as Marc at Marco rock with the figi situation.

Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do David. I hope the swap goes as well as it can. :)

It's only 200lbs. You can do it, unless the stand has peglegs. :scarry:

??? :huh: Or do I need a secret decoder ring? :haha:

I cant wait so see this rock and get a review, awesome looking shapes. Are you going to do a weekly dip in purple up? :lol:

I just ordered the Nova Extreme Pro 20" for my 24g NC!

BigArt, you'll love your NEP!!! I have one too! ;)

Hi

Possible?? :huh: .....Let me say this, I slide my 12 all the time- on carpet mind you and the bottom of my stand is flat ( no little legs.) I can move my 12 full when I need to. If yur really thinking of trying this, I would suggest trying to lower the water by half if possible, shimmy over and refill. I do this by myself with the 12, maybe have someone hold the tank/stand while you shimmy from the stand lower if ya follow.

Obviously this is just a suggestion, shimmy at yur own risk! :P Only you know what you have there and if its really possible. :scarry:

cool!

John da man!

Wow! Months? I must have gotten lucky huh? I wonder if they are now in the same boat as Marc at Marco rock with the figi situation.

Well, good luck with whatever you decide to do David. I hope the swap goes as well as it can. :)

Thanks Richie!

BRS still has the Fiji is stock... It the Pukani, and others they are out of for "months"!

I think the swap will go just fine... I tend to worry quite a bit more than needed.

I slide my 24 around when it's full and I have a stand twice as big as yours.

I just ordered the Nova Extreme Pro 20" for my 24g NC!

Congrats on the new light bro!

It's only 200lbs. You can do it, unless the stand has peglegs. :scarry:

??? :huh: Or do I need a secret decoder ring? :haha:

I cant wait so see this rock and get a review, awesome looking shapes. Are you going to do a weekly dip in purple up? :lol:

BigArt, you'll love your NEP!!! I have one too! ;)

SECRET DECODER RING FTW!!! :haha:

Thanks Richie!

BRS still has the Fiji is stock... It the Pukani, and others they are out of for "months"!

OIC

I think the swap will go just fine... I tend to worry quite a bit more than needed.

Well, better than just wingin' it on a hope-n-a prayer i 'spose. :P

Well, I picked up my new toy last night... My family gave it to me as an early b-day gift.

Vortech MP20!!! :happydance: I have it on my Nanocube until I set up the Solana. It is a pretty sweet toy I must say!!!

where are you planning to put the mp20? i mean in terms of placing

Right now I have it fairly close to the front, on the left side, fairly high up... :huh:

I'll get some pictures of placement when I get home from work!

On my new tank, it will be on the false wall in the back, dead center. I have Mr. inTank building me a "dry box" for it as we speak! :happydance:

that's going to be some sweet flow :), when are you transfering all the stuff?

It'll be a while... I'm starting over with dry reef rock from John @ reefcleaners.org.

sweet looking tanks! can't wait till you setup that Solana.

I want that plate coral :D

Thanks bro!!!

I can't wait either! At least I have a tank that can tide me over 'till I set the Solana up!

Yeah, I love the plate too... :wub:

i cant wait to see this tank setup, im sure itll be sweet like your other tank. ill be watching too b/c i am just setting mine up and im just waiting on 40# from reef cleaners.

i cant wait to see this tank setup, im sure itll be sweet like your other tank. ill be watching too b/c i am just setting mine up and im just waiting on 40# from reef cleaners.

Thanks bro!

I want this tank to turn out much better than my NC24... We shall see.

I really need to stop buying frags until I switch over... -_-

4 heads of pe's...

2-22-09040.jpg

pink mille...

2-22-09010.jpg

Tri-color Acro...

2-22-09009.jpg

Seattle Sparkler...

2-22-09008.jpg

ORA Blue Tort...

2-22-09005.jpg

Acan that is MAD!!!

2-22-09006.jpg

I also got about 4 small frags of Sunset Monti that is MAD as well!!!

2-22-09007.jpg

2-22-09019.jpg

2-22-09027.jpg

2-22-09028.jpg

Enjoy!

LOOKING GOOD!!!!

I need to get me some of that blue tort....Maybe when it grows out we can work out a trade...

Good luck on the transfer

Thanks bro!

I've been wanting some for a while now!

Here is the tank the frags came out of...

IMG_2716.jpg

This shot was in November, so there is MUCH more growth on these colonies now!!! :o

That would be great to work out a little trade down the road a bit!

Archived